DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
SHAME on you all whining about what you don't like blah blah blah. First and foremost, X2 on what Bob said. He, Karen, and their family know all too well about what to be thankful for.

SHAME on you all for disresepecting all the hard work the PRP employees put in all weekend long. From Friday morning to Sunday evening, the majority of those who showed up worked about 53 hours. Doug, Louis, Greg, Evan, Kevin, Jim, Jessica, Nick, Andy, Amanda H, Amanda I, Larry D, Dave G, just the names I can think of off the top of my head, are all there before a car goes down the track and are there long after the last car goes down the track. Saying thank you just doesn't seem enough for all their hard work. Without them, none of the fun we had this weekend would have been possible. 53 hours in 3 race days... it takes a special kind of employee to put that much work in, for no thanks from the majority of the customers, no fanfare, etc.

You will never ever please 100% of the people 100% of the time. I think that is about the one thing we'll agree on. Personally, I think it is a testament to PRP that we had these problems to deal with. The word has spread that it is a great place to race, there was a ton of fun to be had, and it was a good program with a good payout.

I've made it weill known my disdain for the 1/8th mile. See my posts last week for proof. But, I'm not a moron... if safety dictates 1/8th mile, then so be it. Mother Nature's peeing on our parade yesterday didn't help either, both for safety and time. The track has to take into consideration that just not our local racers have to work and kids have to get to school, but that the racers who came in from other states have an even longer drive home.

I'd much rather celebrate the fun I had all weekend. I'd like to think a lot of people had fun. I heard a lot of positive feedback, about how people love coming in, how they wish their home track was as nice as ours, etc. It's nice to see Michael's, Greg's, and the work of all the PRP employees get that kind of good word of mouth. Great racing all weekend long, awesome display of cars from all over.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
quote:
There will always be problems and issues to deal with. What we all need to do is remember that racing is not a right. It is a gift and a privilege. We need to step back and look at what we have and be thankful for the opportunities that we have recieved thru racing. All of this of course, is just my opinion.

Post of the year Keith...Your still gay though.

Be thankfull for what we have. I don't just mean the track. Stop constantly crying about stupid sh&t.

Yes Bob you are 100% correct. Be thankfull for what we have because any of it if not all of it can be taken away at any time with out notice.

As for the other thing, ask Tony. He knows everything hug

Steve I didn't say I liked buy backs I just said they were a needed. I know I have used them when racing. As far as the second chance race, you think buy backs take extra time ? Add another race, they have already done that and it definatly adds to much time and thats even with lower participation because of low pay out associated with that kind of race. In other words, I don't like them ! I keep saying there is another way to run the buybacks

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
You guys also have to remember that probably at least 80% of the racers that come to this race(myself included) come to party and hang out with friends. I look at this race as our Halloween Classic.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
It's a big party where a drag race breaks out.

Here comes post of the year, "Keith's gay" Angel

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Joe, after racing 3 days, bouncing from the car to the tower yesterday (it was only 13 hours for me yesterday), I slept in the camper last night, and just got home a little bit ago. I'll have results up shortly now that I'm back online.

Buybacks/re-entry are a necessity for an event like GGG. It helps draw people in, knowing that they have an additional shot at that nice purse. I like re-entry better - where you have to win to be in second round, as compared to buybacks, where you are buying back into second round. The only thing I don't like is that I need them too often. Tongue It doesn't bother me to race the same person twice. I have to race someone, doesn't matter who it it.

Marty, I'm confused about your issue with points... the points structure did not change. The entire 2010 season, it was 1 point to stage, 1 point per round win. Nice and simple.

I think a lot was learned this weekend. Tony, yes, I think 1 time trial would be fine on Saturday, as long as re-entry was available. And as much as I enjoy being on the mic, I get a bigger rush in the Cutlass. Big Grin Thanks for the compliments.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony, 1 time trial. I'm in !

Chuck, Tony is right, your great on the mike and you actually had cars hustling to the staging lanes, good job.

Also Chuck I was not showing disrespect to the emloyees that showed up and worked , I was making a point about those that didn't show up or the ones that showed up and don't think they have to work.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty Phillips
posted Hide Post
wish i could have been there to hear chuckt on the mic. i was planning on being there until the plan fell through. we have our halloween race this weekend at 42 all of you guys from pitt our invited to come down and hang out, it would be a blast. if not i will see alot of you at the halloween classic.

2009 SUMMIT SUPER SERIES BOX WORLD CHAMPION!!!

2010 HAS BEEN
2011 LIKE TO TELL STORIES ABOUT 2009
2012 RELOCATING TO KY.

Posts: 100 | Location: lagrange ky | Registered: October 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I forgot. Tony's GAY to !!!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think Bob hit the nail on the head - Be thankful for what you have.
Racing is just that - racing. I got laid off a year ago, but I am still grateful and proud to live in a country where we can sit and b**ch about drag racing and not have to look over our shoulders in fear. I have been blessed with a great life, and Freedom is what allows me to have my opinions, right or wrong. YaYa Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1 time run on sat,'NO TIME RUNS ON SUNDAY"and start taking my buy back $$$ at the gate.. Humgreat call on the 8th mile..i love 8th mile..gives me 1/2 the time to think myself out of the race..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
first off, congrats to all the winners and r/u s this past weekend.

i for one had a great time this weekend.
but almost crapped myself sat night when my car started skating past the 60' mark Car

the employees that was there worked their butts off.
i saw michael barnyk sunday and he was dragging.
working and racing his jr.

for the ones that called off on something like this or just didnt show up, i would give them the boot.
i do have to agree with marty on the oilder employees. "most" already have a good work ethic.
im in also with 1 time runs on all the days for the ggg race. if you dont know your car by this time in the year. you better hang it up.
i also really liked the change in order they did for the jrs on sat. by putting them in between every class. that was a good move i think.

as far as the dew issue we had sat night.
IMO if you keep cars moving down the track and keep heat in it, you wont have that big of a problem with it. with the computers today , it should take no more than 30 secs to switch classes. have them in the lanes and as soon as one pulls out of the water box, send the next pair down.
i know sat night between the no box buy backs and the box buy backs, there was a little down time, no that much, but enough that had me all over the track from like 60'-200' down the track. and the more i though about it here is what i figured happened. i was the first car to go out on the box buyback. they were mopping the starting line out to almost the 60' markers. but past that, even with like 5-10 mins between the classes, the dew had a chance to get on the track and make it like ice. my 60' was still the same as both of my time shots. but after that is where it went bad.
if the cars would have just been kept moving, there wouldnt have been the time for the dew to set on the track to make it like that., thats just my thinking about that matter.

i kn ow its hard to keep track of who you are gonna race when it seems like the lanes never close and you have car after car making their way to the lanes after a class has already been started. and also understand that some do run more than one class. but i think that once a class has started by sending the first pair down the track, close the lanes.
if you miss a time run, dont pull up and expect to get one . if you missed first round, , head to the buy back window.
maybe its just me, but when i come to the lanes, i try my best to be ready to go down the track. helmet on, belts pulled tight and car ready to take my shot. i see way to many times cars in front of me that are to be called to the water box with in the next few pairs with no helmet on or standing outside of the car. if you arent ready when the head of staging calls you to the box, then pull them through and send them back to the pits. , then again, thats just me.

but all in all, i had fun this weekend.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
1 time run on sat,'NO TIME RUNS ON SUNDAY"and start taking my buy back $$$ at the gate.. great call on the 8th mile..i love 8th mile..gives me 1/2 the time to think myself out of the race..

That's one of the most funny posts you've ever made. I actually laughed outloud.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
im in also with 1 time runs on all the days for the ggg race. if you dont know your car by this time in the year. you better hang it up.

Amen to that.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
When I used to call cars from the lanes at this race(which I think may have been only twice), there was a problem with how the cars are loaded in the lanes, and I noticed it this weekend also. Our lanes are short and curved, and for the amount of cars that come to this race, it's difficult to pull them like one would on a regular race day. The problem is that when a lane starts to empty they call the next color tech card, but to the guy pulling the cars he doesn't know where that lane ended and the new cars start. So what happens is that the racers in the other lanes have to wait longer or the racers coming into the lanes aren't ready to go because they think that they're being pulled later. You have some guys walking around their cars and other guys suited up ready to go. It can get very confusing, especially to some young kid who hasn't ever even called cars before.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree, great job on the mic Chuck.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting the staff was lazy or didn't work hard. And for someone to suggest that is just nuts. It really stinks that these hard working folks were hung out to dry by some of their peers. But you do need to remember you can work your butt off and if the logistics or tools needed to get the job done effectively arent there, you're gonna be behind the 8 ball. Did the staff work their tails off, heck yes they did. Could it have possibly been made easier if logistically things were set up different, I think so. There are great people at PRP, both staff wise and racer wise. Thats a given. Out of the weekend, there are some facts, not opinions:

1)Regardless of the situation, things did not start on time on Friday.
2)It took 12 hours for first round to start on saturday.
3)It took 15 hours for second round to start for saturday's race.
4)The 1/8 or 1/4 debate would not even be a debate if it weren't for numbers 2 and 3.

As far as issue 1, it's been brought to light that short staffing was the reason. Crap happens, i understand this, but this probably wouldn't be a sore spot if the track consistantly did start on time. The issue of getting cars down the track and getting the program moving is not a new issue, this has been hashed time and time again on here. The couple posts on thursday/friday before the race on here illustrated that this was already a concern of a few racers, and that concern was validated. Either one of two things are going on here:

-The track knows that this is an issue and is trying to improve it but hasn't found a solution yet OR
-The track doesn't feel this is an issue

If the track doesnt feel this is an issue, then that should just be said. Maybe this is the case. I talked to quite a few racers from the old guard who stated that this is just the way it is and to accept the fact that when you go to the track, you're going to be there for a long while. Everybody talks about getting new blood into the sport. Well, I brought a friend down for his first shot at racing saturday with his SRT-8 Jeep. He was like a little kid at christmas. After being there from 9am-930pm for first round, he's decided that racing is not for him, he'll stick to test and tunes. And I can't blame him. Another local father-son race team refused to come down even though i practically begged them because they saw this coming.

It is a great facility, and yes it is a privilage to race, but its also a customer based business. At the garage if it took 4 hours to do a customer's oil change, and they came with suggestions to improve because they were frustrated and wanted to give us their business, but can't deal with 4 hour oil changes, i'd listen. I wouldnt tell them to be grateful that they have a place to get their oil changed. There are a lot of good suggestions (i feel) on this forum, and have been, no use in me restating what many have already said.

Those of you who know me know that i'm not saying this to stir crap, or bad mouth the track. It was early mentioned that becareful what you wish for, because some racers now have their track closed. That is EXACTLY why this is being said, I want to see the track thrive. I want to stop seeing racers stay home or leaving PO'd. I grew up at that track and really want nothing but for it to be THE place to race, the place that people drive by other tracks to come to, but i go for fun, and I'm sorry but sitting around 15+ hours at the track for 3 passes is not my idea of fun. That would be why i gave away my Sunday tech card in the lanes on my way out in the wee hours sunday morning.

Everyone can now flame me, or say shame on me, or kyle you're a pee pee head, or a doush (hat tip to Tony).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kyle Reasbeck,

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
I will post here and its not going to be as ugly as some of you think just yet LOL I was there and was very frustrated with the time management. The TT started at least 1 hour late every day. Fri, Maybe understandable. Sat. and Sun??? The Flyer says 9 am, it was after 10 each day. Maybe help was short. Seemed to be alot of chiefs around but not many indians. The down time was terrible. We tried to figure out what the hold up was on several occasions. Who could hear the calls to the lanes? apparently there are no speakers anywhere near the finish line. The staging lanes,just another problem that needed fixed. Once,since I could not hear calls I got into the wrong lane with the wrong color. I was made to stop all traffic and back out and get into the proper lanes with the proper color. It was a TT for christ sake!!! did it matter? another time on a TT all were lined up for the right lane. A racer realized this and drove up into the left lane line. The guy at the front was trying to tell me to go to the left lane?? There was a racer in that line willing to go there!! As for the Pro Mods. I realize they are the show. Why do they run the qualifying one at a time? fans want to see side by side action! For 14 or 16 cars it was 1 hour each time they ran.

I estimate 275 to 300 entries with jr's and pro mods and bracket cars. Giving 1 minute per run (2 cars) thats 120 cars per hour. 3 hours per round should even allow for some clean-up time. My run times fro Sat were 2:22,6:40,11:02.

Last but not least, Jeff 10x2. You stated that you were the first car in BB. I thought you were the last car in line when I seen you. You did run Lou Grecco didnt you? explain?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
So, If I understand you correctly you purchased a buy back two times?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
27keith, you have a pm

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Blah, Blah!
The GGG weekend had a lot of racers from all over! All the kids had a great time from young to old! Be thankful!!!

1/4 or 1/8 mile, you have a place to race! Quit going against each other! Instead, work together towards a common cause! To make PRP better than ever! Stop complaining and start pitching in! Employees did call off, and the staff made do with what they had!

Life is too ****ing short, we all make mistakes! And, it's a learning process!

So get your cars ready, get in, get ready, and shut the **** up!! At least your down here racing! Life is about having fun!! Grow the **** up and quit whinning!! Any questions about my post, come see me!!

Thanks to everyone for your support!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
WOW... i am so glad i went to Mason Dixon i remember this race from last year.. just seems like to much DRAMA! LETS JUST RACE! STEWART

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post