DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
the email today said 1/4

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Christine! Sorry I missed you all last night.

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
sure wish friday was 8th mile..gonna get greasy after dark..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
sure wish friday was 8th mile..gonna get greasy after dark..

Yepper cold dewey and greasy, maybe they will come to their senses!!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I vote for eigth mile Friday.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If the track is prepped properly there is no problem with Quarter mile racing. Quarter mile tracks should run quarter mile. If you can't run the distance, don't run. I want to have fun. 1/8 th mile is not.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As long as there aren't periods of time when there are no cars going down the track I would think it would be fine.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I agree 100% Mikey, downtime is the killer when it gets late. Need to keep the program moving, and round robin means round robin.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Down time amounts to two (2) things, track keeping things going and racers being ready.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:
If the track is prepped properly there is no problem with Quarter mile racing. Quarter mile tracks should run quarter mile. If you can't run the distance, don't run. I want to have fun. 1/8 th mile is not.

Post of the year!!! not worthy Wave

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Keith B.:

Post of the year!!! not worthy Wave

I don't know about all that...lol

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
LOL you know how I feel about the 1/8th, Mark. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Doesn't have anything to do with going the distance as much as being safe. Racing 1/8 or 1/4 shouldn't be the determining factor to whether or not you're having fun. JMO.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey - if you don't want to boogie - don't bother drivin' to the dance!! Quarter Mile all the way!!! YaYA Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Track was great tonight....holy cow its only second round!!!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You know what they say, If you don't feel safe, DON'T RUN !!! JMO Car

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There is a time for 1/4 mile and a time to make a call to run to the short stripe. The track can be prepped all you want to run 1/4 mile but there are other factors that influence a cars ability to maintain safe control at high speeds and getting stopped from those high speeds. Don't forget, the shutdown is not a prepped surface. I have seen dew, pollen, high winds and moisture effect the top end of a race track that made it unsafe not to run the speeds but getting stopped.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
There is a time for 1/4 mile and a time to make a call to run to the short stripe. The track can be prepped all you want to run 1/4 mile but there are other factors that influence a cars ability to maintain safe control at high speeds and getting stopped from those high speeds. Don't forget, the shutdown is not a prepped surface. I have seen dew, pollen, high winds and moisture effect the top end of a race track that made it unsafe not to run the speeds but getting stopped.

Well said. Wish I could be there...I'm going with the wife and dogs up to Canada instead to visit family. She gave me the option....but I knew what answer she was looking for... Rolling

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Racing was good last night. Congrats to Scotty Campbell for taking down the No Box over Steve Obertanic. Vic Ellinger over Jeff McDade in Box.

Scotty was also down to 3 in Box.

Great job to all the finalist last night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
PRP has been a big part of my life since opening day in 1967.....but, I only race there on special events. Regular bracket racing isn't my thing anymore, but I went up with Kyle yesterday. Some observations:

One of the issues up there, much more than other places, is that it never starts on time. I don't know the reason. But, when you are running two hours late from the get go it can only cause problems later in the day. Although I cede the safety point, they should be much further along by the time the dew becomes an issue. Personally, I can't stand eighth mile...I'd just as soon eat ground glass. But, that's me.

When time trials are supposed to start at 9, the first pair should be in the water at 9. Whoever is ready runs, whoever is not ready doesn't. It's up to you, as the racer, to be ready. If your not ready, you miss that session. No excuses...not special treatment. When the last Pro Mod clears the traps, the first pair of whatever is running next should be in the water. Keep the program moving. That seems to be an issue at PRP.

It's a tough job....and it's thankless and full of criticism. It's not for the thin skinned.

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post