DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah...you're okay too! I don't think your presence had much to do with the outstanding domination by the PRP team but you are always welcome to come over and rub shoulders with all OUR stars!! LOL hug

Amy Romeo
1973 Pontiac Ventura
PRP 2007 Street Champion
Sponsored by:
World Class Transmission
Dean Racing Engines

Posts: 35 | Location: New Alexandria | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
A huge thank you also to Sonya DiRienzo for prompting all of Team PRP out onto the starting line behind both cars for Mikey and Scotty's final. I was getting in my spot and saw everyone coming over and it gave me chills. That was awesome.

Scotty P, good thing you took her home, because there were plenty in love with her voice! Thank you, Tera, for your incredible rendition of the national anthem. I hope you're able to make it in for GGG.

Bob, your hot dog is ready.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys. All I can say is WOW I just dont believe it. This has been a dream of mine since my first bracket finals experience in the late 90's at US 13 in Delaware. Last year I got down to 3 cars in the Friday race and choked. I thought I blew my chance to ever win anything at the bracket finals after coming so close. Then for me to get to the same place this year except in the main event but this time I lost a cylinder in the car. I figured Im coming up short again. After we worked on the car as long as we could before I had to go to the lanes and didnt get it fixed I figured I was done. Thanks to all the guys that help try to get the car fixed and told me that I wasnt done and to dial the car up and get up there and race for it, you guys know who you are. So thats what I did and Chuck told the story from there. I wanted to thank Scotty and Greg for offering to split straight up 50/50 with me even knowing that I had a wounded pony, not many would have did that nor would I blame them. Scotty won more rounds then any driver at the bracket finals and will win one soon enough. I couldn't have asked for a beter racer to be in the other lane. The same goes for AJ, this guys won rounds all weekend including the Friday race. Thanks to ChuckT, Barry, and Rich Penn for everything you do. Thank you to Michael and Carmen also for everything you do. Thanks to Bob Jones and Tim Rodeheaver for their support. Thank the Lord for great family, friends, weather, and racing facility. Thanks to Russ Benish for helping me get back in the grove after getting in a rut the last few weeks of points, peck, peck, buummmpp Big Grin. Thanks to all the racers and family at PRP for the support and anyone i may have missed.

I won one race, Team PRP dominated the finals! Jake Meinert, Mikey Barnyk, the modified racers that showed we have the toughest racers around. Congrats! Mark Romeo modified Champion, you raced awesome all year. Ron Boyce, great showing, great race, and great season.

Am I really the 2010 IHRA Division 3 Modified champion! Eek Eyes Big Grin

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
YES YOU ARE MIKE AND YOU DESERVE IT.NOT MANY OF US WOULD HAVE STAYED AS COOL AS YOU DID UNDER EXTREME PRESSURE.YOUR A CLASS A RACER IM PROUD TO HAVE YOU AND ALL MY OTHER PGH RACEWAY FAMILY.EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT PERFORM AS I WANTED TO I HAD A BLST CHEERING ALL MY FELLOW TEAMATES ON.PRP KICKED ASS.THANKS FOR ALL THE FOOD AND FUN AND SOME PRETTY DIFFERNT STORYS,LOL YOU KNOW WHO I MEAN,HAD A GREAT WEEKEND CAN WAIT FOR GGG.

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Mark Romeo, congrats on a well deserved championship! Good job at the bracket finals everyone and hope to see you at the GGG.
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well it wasn't an injector or injector harness like i was guessing and I was down more cylinders then I thought. I have zero compression in two cylinders #2 and #3 which are side by side. So I either bent two valves or blew a head gasket between the cylinders. Im gonna guess its the valves. The car didn't run too bad for a six cylinder.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats mark on winning the mod championship.
is it just me or does it seem like there is a romeo somewhere in the group of champions every year Wink

mikey, you did a great job driving this weekend. its one thing to have a consistant car and go rounds, but you proved to everyone just how good of a driver you are when your car was hurt and still going rounds and winning.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
I either bent two valves or blew a head gasket between the cylinders. Im gonna guess its the valves.

The car didn't run too bad for a six cylinder.

It is a good thing it wasn't on 6-1/2 or that final round bulb might have been red. Wink

Nice job!

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
I either bent two valves or blew a head gasket between the cylinders. Im gonna guess its the valves.

The car didn't run too bad for a six cylinder.

It is a good thing it wasn't on 6-1/2 or that final round bulb might have been red. Wink

Nice job!

Thanks, and your probably right about that one or if I would have bumped in any further then that 5 inches

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I want to congratulate my nephew Jacob for his 3rd place finish at the Bracket Finals too! He had a tough loss. His .027 and dead on run was just short of his opponents .012 and 1 over pass!! He did a great job! Brandon Butler did very well too red lighting to Mikey Barnyk at 5 cars. Congrats to Mikey Barnyk on his runner up finish. We have a tough junior class. I'm glad that we have a few years before these tough junior boys start whipping up on us old geezers!! Eyes

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Don't be so sure Russ, talked to Mikey Barnyk today at school and he'll be in a big car next year whipping on us "old geezers" (thinking you were speaking for yourself on that one) LOL Big Grin

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
good job to everyone this weekend! sorry i couldnt help out a little with the points but little biddle wore me out lol

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Team PRP. You guys and gales did a fantastic job at the finals. It is no wonder old guys like Deniker and I cannot win a round of racing!

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i'm confused again ??

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
deniker couldnt win when he was young

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
deniker couldnt win when he was young

... he was above 50/50 when receiving the odd-lot bye-run...

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Everyone did great. The juniors were awesome all year, and sure peaked at just the right time. I think the juniors and Mod could have won the title with all our other classes tied behind their backs. Big Grin Matt, you had a tough draw, we all know RBJ is an excellent racer. You gave him a race, and you can hold your head up.

Man, I need another day off to rest!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I saw that truck and trailer from Numidia Dragway there on Friday and Saturday with a couple of dragsters. Is that a sign they are coming our way.

Randy

Posts: 7 | Location: Racing | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
why???????????/
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
i'm confused again ??

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks chuck! who alls going to no box bonanza this weekend??

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post