DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark-great news on the CSR, and the awesome customer service.I'm glad that I purchased one for the new engine, and will probably buy another one, and will also recommend them highly.Kev's engine coming along fine. complete disassembly-complete scrubdown,and inspection-no visible signs of anything out of the ordinary.I scrubbed all pistons,crank,heads,and re-examined everything.I checked every piston/ring land/wristpin/big ends.Everything at spec.I have re-assembled the shortblock today,using SpeedPro plasma moly.I should have it pretty much finished tomorrow.I'll update you on Tue.CUL Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You local boys are too much in the loop to not know what is going on.
I'm having a hell of time getting the track grinders in here.

Ray Ray, WE all thank YOU ALL for the fun we are having and the Family we are developing. I have always said, I'm fortunate with all the GOOD people I have.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Frank,
I wouldnt stress to much about grinding the track. At drag city they ground the track and ended up having to repave parts of it. At quaker they ground parts of it and had to shut down time trials and eventually 2 weeks because it was unsafe until they repaved those spots. I ran my door car and never felt that bump. Verdoni's went 8.60s in that lane and never felt the bump. Hard tail dragsters feel it but this year theres probably only 2 hardtails left. The big boys in the 6 and 7 second cars I cant speak for thats alot of power and speed so it may effect those cars. Your track works very good right now,sometimes trying to make something better makes it worse, if you know what I mean. Unless borone wants it changed then you better do it asap!!!! Smile
have a good one big guy

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ray364:
Frank,
I wouldnt stress to much about grinding the track. At drag city they ground the track and ended up having to repave parts of it. At quaker they ground parts of it and had to shut down time trials and eventually 2 weeks because it was unsafe until they repaved those spots.

Don't forget the fiascos that San Antonio and Bristol have already had this year with their attempts to make the track better.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I am nervous as well. We could be looking at making a great track a bad track. I definitely hope it doesn't hurt it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i m posting this with thoughts and prayers to go out to this little girl.
quote:
Kaylee Greer Update (Injured Jr. Driver)
Posted by Joe Bohannon on 4/3/2007, 6:54 am

To everyone who attended our event.
I would like everyone to know Kaylee is doing well. I went to the hospital last night and they have her in an induced coma to reduce the chances of any further injuries. She is scheduled for a neck fusion surgery today at 10 a.m., the doctors are very hopeful. It appears that she doesn't have any brain injuries so that is wonderful. The swelling of the brain has gone down as well. She did wake up on Sunday and knew the people who was in the room with her, but the pain caused her to move to much and therefore they put her in the coma. Say a little prayer for her, she is hanging in there!

For the guys that don't know.

Kaylee is an eight year old girl, who was at Ohio Valley dragway on saturday. She was making her first run ever in a Jr. Dragster and the throttle hung on the car. She went all the way to the last turn off under power and impacted a concrete retaining wall at the last turn. It was reported the steering rod on the car did not buckle (as intended) on impact and it basically went into her helmet. She was revived two times at the track and frankly no one thought she would survive. It appears God makes that choice, not us! She also lives with Cystic Fibrosis, so she is a very tough little girl. I made an announcement over the microphone at the track on Saturday and instantly ever head in the room went down, you could have heard a pin drop. Guys the power of prayer is something that I have questioned at times in my life, but it is obvious what it can do! Thank You all.

Joe B

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats a shame, my prayers go out for her and her family.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I can't add anything about grinding on a race track, but when done by a competent contractor it can be truly awesome on a highway.

I feel so bad for that little girl and her family. I simply can't imagine what they are going threw right now.
Steve

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
after this accident, i would say that both IHRA and NHRA will make a rule for a collapsable steering shaft on a jr.
i sat down after reading this and designed one and sent it to motivational tubing for their input on the idea.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was happy with the track also but I only run in the mid 11's. If it gets done, I just hope that everything turns out ok. Racing is right around the corner and I have already been driving stang.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Frank-Great meeting on Sun-Thanks to all of you that do such a great job for the racers.Carmen-FIRE that coffee pot up-I'LL BE BACK!! Linda&I send our prayers out to Kaylee& family, and hope for a fast recovery.

Dean Racing Engines
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
So who is CDR-BX42? Mystery spoon, sign in please. Cool

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, check you PM.

Posts: 84 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark-Happy Easter-So glad to have 3 finished motors ready.Big sigh of relief.I wanted to mention about my MSD Dist-They recommend not using the rubber O ring at the bottom,unless the block has been modified for oil return lubrication.They show a pic of some grinding below the lifter valley.It pays to read the w**** inst. manual.I hope you fair well on ur MSD.I talked to Kev this eve-him& dad finished AJ's car & are piggin out at John's.I have to get a few more things for ur dad's motor,and hope to start assy. this week.Carbs look like they're starting to take off-BB is really climbing.If they don't move-we can relist with a lower reserve.I'll be on here for a while-post back-Dean

Dean Racing Engines
87 Buick Regal

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well guys the 511 came to life this evening. Sounds really good. Broke in the cam and ran the tranny through the gears. All was looking good until we noticed some oil under the car. Ended up being a leak around the dial pin of the front cover. So I pulled the front of the motor back apart and need to wait until i get back from FL this week on Thursday to get it put back together. Should still be able to bring the car to opening day. When the car fired it got the adrenaline pumping and ready to go now.

Looks like my first engine build was a success except for the minor oil leak.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats awesome news AJ. We started my motor this weekend too, everything went pretty well.

Dean, I am working on the MSD deal, are you sure they aren't talking about the upper of the 2 O-rings, I know both yours and mine have the O-ring on the bottom but not on the top. I have been told before to run the bottom one but not the top. We'll see what happens with the Carbs, hopefully people get to bidding.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark-ok on ur dist.I read the MSD inst manual with the dist-and it said not to use either o rings if the block isn't prepped for it.They show some gringing in the area where the dist fits in block.I'm sure that's for gear oiling. Joe always told me not to use the o rings-and if the dist is new-and fits tight-to file a small slot in both o ring bosses at the bottom of the dist shaft.This will provide enough oiling to the gear.I'll check with him tomorrow,as I am going up in morn to pick up some more gaskets&parts.I'll c u later,Dean

Dean Racing Engines
87 Buick Regal

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deanz406:
Mark-ok on ur dist.I read the MSD inst manual with the dist-and it said not to use either o rings if the block isn't prepped for it.They show some gringing in the area where the dist fits in block.I'm sure that's for gear oiling. Joe always told me not to use the o rings-and if the dist is new-and fits tight-to file a small slot in both o ring bosses at the bottom of the dist shaft.This will provide enough oiling to the gear.I'll check with him tomorrow,as I am going up in morn to pick up some more gaskets&parts.I'll c u later,Dean
OH by the way Mark--I went over to the tech-talk section, and posted a "Thanks" to everyone that contributed with all the thoughts&ideas on the ring sealing.It was greatly appreciated.

Dean Racing Engines
87 Buick Regal

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sweet AJ! I hope the ET is a success too once we hit the track!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I hope that it does as well.

Not looking too good for opening weekend right now. I hate the rain. Oh well.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post