DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That is so awesome. Thanks to all the sponsors who are making this possible, along with Greg and the Tedescoes. I really can't wait for the season to start now.

I'm not hacking on BSD by any means... I'm bringing them up to point out how good we have it at PRP. Has anyone seen BSD's site lately? It looks like this will be the first season they have a points payout at the end of the year (if that's an incorrect statement, please let me know). And I've seen other posts over in General Discussion where other tracks don't pay out end of year either. What we're running for in Street is what they're paying out in Mod and Top. Much like funding in the Pro ranks keeping drivers out there on the track, thanks to the sponsors for their participation and keeping us going.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats AWESOME news. Sounds like its going to be a great season. Chuck, your right BSD didn't pay their points finishers like we do. I think they gave them "stuff" like merchandise and assorted things like that but now they are paying some $$$. Probably to try to keep up with the rest of the country since they are so far behind on some things.

BTW, I haven't been around on here for the last week because I just got back from San Antonio, TX. WOW, is all I can say about Texas. I definitely recommend visiting there. I tried to get a taxi to go out to San Antonio Dragway, but we were looking at like a 30 dollar cab ride so we had to just skip that. Like I said if anyone is ever looking for somewhere to burn some frequent flyer miles or anything thats a good way to do it. I would go there on vacation for sure, although I wouldn't probably take small kids like under 12, not a w**** lot for them to do. Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know where I have been.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I've heard that about San Antonio. Dammit Mark, now I want some Tex-Mex, a margarita, and Salma Hayek! Big Grin (Not necessarily in that order Big Grin )

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah, the place is great. The river walk is absolutely awesome, we stayed in the Marriott River center which directly connects to the river walk. Basically equivalent to the boardwalk at the beach. The food is outstanding. I am not into Mexican, although a few of my buddies are and they were amazed by the authentic Mexican food down there. I am more of a steak guy, I had steak 3 nights out of 5 there and it was AMAZING. The first time I wasn't feeling well and only got a 5 oz tenderloin, it was great. The second night I was feeling something a little bigger, I went for the 20 oz Range Boss. It was truly one of the best steaks I had ever had. The atmosphere at the steak house was awesome too. Texans are some cool people, even if they do think they should be their own country, lol.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I stayed at the same hotel and was blown away by it also.
I'm also a steak guy and they have GREAT steak houses with very large steaks.
I'm also a b##b guy and they have the best "doll houses "
And yes, they do think they are their own little country. Theres nothing bigger than Texas.

Greg, you haven't told anyone about buying the track ?

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Frank, do you remember what Steak houses you were at when you were there? We pretty much stayed around the riverwalk, we went to Texas Land and Cattle or something and an awesome steak/barbeque place called County Line.

Chuck, how do I post pictures on here? I think you know how. I have some pictures of my new motor I just thought I would share.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mark Romeo>,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
im not sure how they pay the big cars at beaver, but this past year, colton kirshner took 1st place in points in jr dragster.
he recieved a $2500 custom paint job from kohrs mopar kustom restorations, $1000 in cash and a 5" tall trophy.
i would love to see a local track do something like norwalk and halfscale does. i have talked to some of the parents that run there and they have a run off for a jr. from the way it was told to me, they take the 1st and 2nd place in points from each of the 3 classes and they run off. top dawg gets a new race ready halfscale jr dragster.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
if there is anyone who is interested in chassis cert. and you are not on the list let Frank know at the track or email me miller@pittsburghracewaypark.com and i will get you on the schedule. we need to have an idea to let travis know if he is needed one day or two. so if you need it let us know.

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Greg Miller? Where do i know that name from? Are you the guy that races that black gto that says crybaby racing on the side? Change my bio page or im going to haunt you every day. I'm watching you gregory.Bob Deniker makes the horsepower, Mark and Debbie Verdoni crew the car.... well Debbie crew chiefs but mark cuts my hair. and give mark horton and travis from american racecars some love for building a bad a$$ race car. And Frank when i come up there and test I dont want any media coverage. Cool
oh its late and i amuse myself.

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
oh its late and i amuse myself.

Just remember to stop amusing yourself if you start to chafe.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mark, you have to use a pic hosting site. I use photobucket.com. Account set up is free on it. Load the pics there, and it gives an "IMG" code under each pic that you copy, and paste into the display image on here (next to last box as you type in a message here). You might have to watch a little bit... photobucket puts IMG code at the beginning and end of the image link, and I think DRR does too. So if you have [IMG][IMG] at the beginning and end, just delete one each. I think if you don't you end up with the red X and no pic.

Jeff, I remember Kohr's put up the prizes for juniors last year. That's a nice package. Heck, I'd like to win it for my heap! Big Grin

Ray, if you're done "amusing" yourself... I did send Pam the bio info. She's collecting it all and will update shortly.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mark, too long ago and I was being wined and dined by a company trying to "earn " my business when I was doing purchasing for a big company. It was closer to Dallas because that was where the " doll houses " were.

Looks like your in store for some big bucks and prizes Jeffrey.

Ray Ray, ESPN #1, not #2 is coming in. A 1 hour special on You, yourself and You and how to be like You.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thanks Chuck, lets see if this works.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Looks like it works, a little bit to big but not excessive.

I have a new CSI waterpump for it too, but upon closer inspection it seems to have some manufacturing flaws in the machining. So we are going to have to see how it goes either getting it fixed or getting a replacement. That drive and waterpump will do for now, its what I always ran before anyways.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Engine looks great!

I think it all depends on the size of the pics that you save? If you have photo editor on your pc, you can try to crop them to drop the size down a little. Like the bottom pic, you could crop a little on each side of the valve covers to save space. I have to do that on my site since I have a limited amount of space, and it all adds up.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark the motor looks awesome...should fly...

Greg, is chassis cert required at 9.99 or 9.50?

Thanks,
Kyle

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
yes chuck, kohrs did put up the jr prize package. and they are doing it again this year.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It looks like the forum is up and running on PRP's site.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I just registered. We'll see how this forum goes. Maybe it will last a little longer.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I haven't registered there yet. It looks like I can still get the "RacerX" and "SecretSquirrel" screen names.

Kyle, I don't have my rule book with me here. IHRA's site actually had a straightfoward page regarding chassis cert under the "Competition" heading. They don't list the requirements though. Looking at the SFI site, it appears that certification is required at 8.50? I'm no expert though. If no one posts it before I do, I'll throw it on here when I find out.