DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
BSD's site this morning is saying that Finals dates are moved to Oct 4-7. I'm waiting to get confirmation.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Confirmed it with Frank Tedesco, PRP track manager, the dates are October 4-7, 2007, for Division 3 North Star Bracket Finals.

Kyle, I don't have Speed on my cable package, so I've only seen 2 episodes while out 'n about. I wasn't impressed. But, I hear the all out is a little more entertaining. Steve Sciullo, PRP's announcer, was talking about the show on the last test n tune, and how he'd like it to come here.

AJ, you have a PM.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck...I will say that the majority of the "racers" on the actual show are not drag racers...pretty clear there's usually more money and ego than skill at all but all out was pretty cool i thought...its not anywhere near as difficult as bracket racing (in my opinion) just pretty much a flagged heads up race full of bracket racers..i'd love to do it..maybe i wouldnt leave early/redlight for once Roll Eyes

so has anybody made any progress on their off-season plans?

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Pinks is really stupid. I saw an episode last night(rerun) that the only reason the guy lost is becuase the other guy wouldn't budge on the negotiation. I knew he needed more lengths, he had a nearly stock motor to the other guy who put it on the bumper on the first run.

But, I think it would be good for the track for it to come to our track. Probably would be fun to watch though.

As far as off-season plans car is coming back from getting a full cage by the end of the week then will go to work putting it all back together and changing some stuff around. I ended up putting a 12-point cage in it with a swing-out door bar. Just couldn't see not doing it while it was getting done. Car is extremely stiff now lifted one front corner and the other 3 wheels came right off the ground.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think an episode of pinks would be great for the track.
as for our off season projects, the car went to the painters last sat. and the machine shop just got done balancing our new crank to match the 4.475" rod and 3" piston. so ill be building the motor here very soon.
also this past sat. ryan recieved his 3 year contract from BAR'S LEAKS , signed it and sent it back to them.
then tuesday when i was talking to the VP of marketing for BAR'S LEAKS, he said that he was talking to bill reichert and was telling him about ryans car being painted like his. well now they want pics of both cars together along with the drivers, so they confirmed that ryan will be doing exhibition passes at norwalks "night under fire" on aug 4th and then taking all the pics they want.he said he cant wait to meet john force, but i actually think he is more into meeting his daughters Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Thats awesome!!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ryan isn't the only one who wants to meet the Force daughters! Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
no he isnt, britney is SMOKENNNNNNNNN
Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a bucket of ice water to throw on these 2 ? LOL guys, they're all a bunch of QT's.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Hey Dan, how's it going?

Those daughters are not too hard to watch.....as long as you have the mute button.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:

Those daughters are not too hard to watch.....as long as you have the mute button.

Force should just have the words "BREATH-IN..... BREATH-OUT" tattoo'd on the insides of their eyelids, cut them each a big-check, and leave them at the Mall for the rest of their lives, or put 'em in a round-room, and tell 'em to pee in the corner:
those girls don't have the brains that God gave dirt!

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve. I hope things are doing well for you and your family. We made a run out to Summit the other day for some parts for the Killer B Camaro. Other than taking the wrong turn and seeing a lot of NE Ohio, it was a good time. The last time I was out there was in the 70's and that place sure has changed. It's huge ! They have 2 of John Forces' funny car bodies on either side of the front entrance along with some NASCAR cars hung from the ceiling. It's worth a trip out just to gawk and get a T shirt.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'd agree with that about the younger 2... but not Ashley. Big Grin Though, what was the guy's name, Taco? Nacho? that she was seeing?

If you're on the PRP newsletter, you should receive it this weekend. I put on a couple of teasers for next season. One PRP already has on the site, the no-box/box Friday nights that will happen a few times. $25 to enter, $400 to win, $150 runner up, $50 semis. I like that a lot. That's good practice, shot at some $$, stay over for the Saturday race, and maybe draw in some of the test n tune crowd to see if they like bracket racing.

Dan, was Sandman driving? Big Grin I know that drive very well. Exit 29 off of I-76, Tallmadge. I'll be making it in a couple months.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Glad to see everyone is having a pretty productive off-season...should make for a good summer next year! Chuck..any chance of any friday night deals being pro tree??? Big Grin

Just figured i'd hop on here and wish all of you a merry christmas/happy new year! Have a great holiday!

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Kyle is there any particlar reason why you want pro tree on friday, .400 or .500? .....just wondering.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, yep Sandman was driving. Even with the GPS system, he missed the turn and we almost toured the rock & roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Tell you what, the drive back was a heck of lot shorter !

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
man you prp guys are going to hate that rt 30.i just got finished puting up 7000 ft of barrier wall along that section of road in front of the track!!!they are going to put a red light on the eastern side of the race track and thats the only way in and out.coming in and out should be interesting for some of the larger units.maybe..and we arent done with the concrete barriers yet.be back out there wensday..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
rt 30?
rt 22 passes in front of the track.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
yep..brain ****..really just wanted to see if anybody was paying attention.. Roll Eyes

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
..... I never thought the day would come when KRP/PRP would actually NEED a redlight along Rt. 22, or that concrete-barriers would extend that-far East.....

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post