DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Charles:
U must learn 2 think Positive ----> +

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OK, I need some help, or schooling if you prefer. Can someone please explain to me how a slip joint dragster works? And, why you might want or not want one over the suspended or hardtail cars? Also, what is the difference between double and triple slip joint cars, etc? I think I understand the concept, but want to educate myself. I'd appreciate the help and if you like, you can just PM me to avoid clogging this forum up. Thanks!

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
Just checking in on my peeps from the PRP... Just over 7900 replies from you guys in this forum is very impressive.

Here is my question to all of you... has this forum helped? I have an opinion on based on what I have read but would like yours, too.

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
slip joint is just that,tubes slip inside each other,more slips the better.my next car will be a hard tail or slip joint,with a diamond front suspension on it!!as soon as some1 buys my diamond roller! Wink

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moderate Joe:
Just checking in on my peeps from the PRP... Just over 7900 replies from you guys in this forum is very impressive.

Here is my question to all of you... has this forum helped? I have an opinion on based on what I have read but would like yours, too.

I think it's great...thanks!

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Joe, what started out as a method for the PRP racers and fans to keep in contact has developed into racers from other tracks coming in and asking questions about the track and vice versa. It's expanded the base of racers communicating and created a lot of good friendships between the different racers and tracks. I really can't see a downside at all.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
I like it a lot, I get more info from this site than the tracks and since I haven't been able to get to the track this year(yet)its been great for me.

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. This is a track I have enjoyed following. A lot of respect to you racers at PRP. A true family here. Some funny stuff posted up in here, too. Keep posting and let me know if you need anything....besides more space. bow

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Moderate Joe, you can buy us all dinner and beer! Thank you in advance!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 502
posted Hide Post
How bad is the construction on 76 between Youngstown and PRP. I'm planning my rout for bracket finals.

thanks

Dave

Posts: 37 | Location: Thompson ohio | Registered: July 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Rob, I'm a Pirates fan.... I've been thinking positive for 18 seasons now. Someday it will pay off... like my own racing. Big Grin

Moderate Joe, we love it here! We have some fun picking on each other, trading info, giving updates, congrats, etc. And PRP loves being part of the DRR network.

Daddywags, what info do you feel is missing from the PRP site, that you get here? If you don't want to type it here, feel free to PM me.

502, I'm not sure how it is from Youngstown to Butler Valley/exit 38, haven't been further west in awhile. But from 38 to Monroeville, lane shifts start around mile 44 (I think) and continues for 6-7 miles... it's essentially before and after the bridge that goes over the Allegheny River. It's still 2 lanes both directions, and seems to move fine.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
well Charles they made of movie about the baseball team from Pittsburgh. I guess its more of a kids show....
"The Pirates who don't do anything"

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
502, I was just across the turnpike from the Cranberry Interchange in PA to beyond the Youngstown exits, and it was clear sailing.
I'm not sure if there is construction still ongoing from the turnpike to the Rt. 66 cloverleaf on Rt. 22 though. As I tell everyone, mind your speed on Rt. 22. The state troopers really keep their eyes on this section.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 502:
How bad is the construction on 76 between Youngstown and PRP. I'm planning my rout for bracket finals.

thanks

Construction from Youngstown to the Monroeville exit is the same as what Chuck said it is from Butler to Monroeville. The construction is here and there, but its mainly lane shifts and speed limit changes. The lanes do get narrow in some areas but traffic does move pretty well the whole way. I drive from Monroeville to Cranberry and back everyday and I would say the worst part is right after the express EZ Pass interchange after Cranberry. Watch out for the electrical box dips in the left lane. I did make the trip to Youngstown a few weeks ago and up until Cranberry I think everything was fine. You should have no problems. Any other questions let me know.

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
502, I was just across the turnpike from the Cranberry Interchange in PA to beyond the Youngstown exits, and it was clear sailing.
I'm not sure if there is construction still ongoing from the turnpike to the Rt. 66 cloverleaf on Rt. 22 though. As I tell everyone, mind your speed on Rt. 22. The state troopers really keep their eyes on this section.

Good point.... watch for State Troopers here and also in the construction areas between Cranberry and Monroeville. They have been out more these last few days and the speed changes are all over... from 65 to 40 to 55 to 40 etc...

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
PR22 - what's up what's up?

Rob/Dan, who all is coming in tomorrow for PPM? Did I hear Laurita? Weather is looking awesome.

502/anyone - let us know if you have any questions on the area, track, stuff around there, etc, we'd be glad to help.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
make sure you have plenty of $ when you come onto the Pa. Pike with a trailer.
Gov.SWINDELL is hitting the tolls hard if you are pulling a trailer.
Charles:
Ted is coming, Vergotz, Chip, Jimmy I think,
Romers,Jensen,maybe Bobby Martin with the willys,+ Shuman i imagine, and Nagy has added 4 systems of nit. on the Mopar to surprise everyone.

DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Moderate Joe, you can buy us all dinner and beer! Thank you in advance!

If I ever make it to PRP, I will gladly take you to the concession stand for a burger, fries and coke. I hear the food is fantastic.

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

DRR Trophy
Picture of 502
posted Hide Post
I'm driving my older class a motor home to PRP for the first time, just wondering how much room I had.

Thanks for the help!

Dave

Posts: 37 | Location: Thompson ohio | Registered: July 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you can avoid the 1st toll booth at the ohio line as the last time it cost me $11.90. If you can pick up the turnpike at Ellwood City, Beaver Falls or Cranberry. When you go home, it is free to go from Cranberry to the Ohio line, but coming into PA from Ohio is where they rack you.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post