DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Well, it's pretty wet in Avonmore. If it stops raining and the wind stays out, maybe the track and pits will be ok enough to open Saturday. Hopefully Sunday for certain though.

ChuckT <----- jonesin' bad

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Russ Benish!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
happy birthday buddy!

Well its a beautiful blue skied Saturday morning here. There wasn't anything on the website yet I'm praying.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well I didn't pray hard enough. Hate to see a beautiful weekend wasted. Maybe we can get tomorrow in with the gamblers race. Smile

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
It's like 45 degrees in gbg. I think that even if they don't cancel, it's gonna be pretty hard on the motors today.

Thats it Keith?? You have been able to run circles around me forever, not just now.

Thanks for the pictures Chuck. Some really cool shots.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
in case you cant wait till tomorrow,the track to the west didnt cancel....yet.maybe you could get your fix there..but then its only 1 more day..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Balaska, you tool, shaddup. Big Grin

No question in my mind it's the right call. Cold green track, wet pits, high winds. Hopefully it all works out for tomorrow.

Glad you liked them Bob. Another round coming once I get caught up. I liked seeing the Monte. And has Vinkler's car ever changed?? Smile

Barry, Braveheart is on tonight!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if they have done any of the improvements that they were going to do for the national event.I may come over for a few shakedown passes tomorrow and just wondering what to expect.If it is still the same then I am not going to turn it loose just yet.
Mainly wondering if they have extended the shutdown or moved the starting line back to make the track longer? Thanks

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Words cannot sufficiently express my profound sorrow over the loss of 3 Pittsburgh police officers this morning.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09094/960660-100.stm

Godspeed to their families, friends, and comrades.

I'd like to suggest that the track fly the flag at half staff tomorrow in their honor.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It's a sad day in pittsburgh! Frown
I just wish they would have led that guy out in the street and shot him and left him there to rot! Mad

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
very sad day..and no green everything the same @prp..see you guys tomorrow..got the 1/4 itch.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Balaska, you tool, shaddup. Big Grin

Red Face haha sorry you know I just wanna get up there to take this edge off. I never doubt their desicion but the weather frustrates me.

On another note, lets go racing! Big Grin

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Day for racing...... Keith and crew did a bang up job cleaning up after the leakyloos Banging Head
Imagine how many runs we could have gotten in without the oil downs!!!
Lots of new vehicles and did You guys see the lawnmower???? with the 750 honda engine... bet that baby would pass IHRA tech lol.
Good seeing old friends and smelling the fumes and burning rubber... Now if mother nature will just cooperate next weekend!!!!!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
The Romeo/Pinskey clan had a GREAT day yesterday. Everyone of our Dean Racing Engine powered World Class Transmission shifted cars were flawless. Kevin, Mom, and Joey all will be in perfect shape for street. I ran a new best of 10.69@125. Dad will be out next time the track opens (hopefully this weekend...weather is not looking so great however). Track was awesome!!! Keith is the best at getting that track in tip top shape!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you guys are ready to dominate this year Mark.
You guys are always the ones to beat.
keith and the crew did a great job on the track yesterday. Our car with the new motor had 1.64-1.65 60' times. and ran a fastest of 7.85 @ 82.6 mph. With a new belt, right out of the box ran a 7.911 ,7.899 then a 7.856. His target ET is 7.90. so now the belt is broke in, I can add a few pounds and be where he needs to be.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
The 60' times those little cars pull are unreal, I guess they are pretty comparable to a big car running the same e.t. Just unbelievable what those things can do with a "5 horse briggs" lol

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
well.......
ryan does have a few more ponies on board than a 5 hp briggs Car

i do know he was all smiles after each pass

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Are there any track rentals coming up for Testing, is there any room left?

IF not Frank are there any dates that someone could do a rental?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
good to hear everyone is running how they should! im planning on being out real soon in either the conrathmobile or the whiskeyrunner! also interested in the track rental

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A J, we'll talk when we see each other about the rentals. I don't think you will see rentals like before because of new insurance regs.

Mr. Green, let me know in advance of when you are coming and I will pay for you to come in and test or race.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post