DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Thanks Onefastlemans,
2 wins and one runner up in a weekend is just freakin incredible. Markie Brewer keepin the faith!! Booyaa!!

Can anyone tell me some info on King of the street. Do we have to go out and drive them or not? front runners OK?

Good job
LJ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pro 301g,

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats again Lou, on the Pontiac Nationals! Second straight, isn't it?

From what I understand, yes, King of Street and True Street will be going on a cruise prior to the race. IF I get more information, I will be happy to post it. IF.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Are you allowed to shut the car off? I have electric water pump and fans on the car right now with slicks all around it....but it is inspected, insured, and plated......info please!!!!!!!!!

LJ

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lou, are you planning on running the KoS which is the bracket race or the TS which is heads up?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Probably King of the Street...dunno..

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The king of street is a regular bracket race for street legal cars and you can shut the car of and will have plenty of time between rounds to cool your car.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

From what I understand, yes, King of Street and True Street will be going on a cruise prior to the race. IF I get more information, I will be happy to post it. IF.

How will a street cruise be legal if they are allowing slicks and open headers on the cars? I assume leaded fuels would be allowed as well.... Not seeing the point of requiring inspection or registration, then allowing slicks and open headers and calling it king of "street"...

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
John, you're forgetting when cars were driven to the track and the slicks were then bolted on and the headers uncapped to race.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Dam Dan how old R U ???

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ok, no trailers allowed then. big idea Drive to the track and then take the slicks out of the back seat and bolt them on. Cool Car

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's all moot for the time being. KoS/TS for this Sunday is postponed. Thanks Penndot.

From the PRP site:

** King of Street / True Street POSTPONED!! **

Due to Penndot's tar, oil, and chip dressing on the drive routes, PRP has had to make the difficult decision to postpone the King of Street and True Street race. Sticky DOT tires tossing up chips into paint and windshields, soft compound tires getting tread chewed off, are things to avoid. Dates in October are being looked at, and will be posted up as soon as it is confirmed. PRP management expresses their sincere regrets at the inconvenience, and appreciates your patience and understanding. Again - This race WILL be rescheduled!!

KDKA news story below:
http://kdka.com/video/?id=75019@kdka.dayport.com

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Any news about the Ford stuff Sunday? My friends father was planning to bring his old y-block or something or other.

Probably too late now, but why not keep the race on and just run up 22 to Delmont and back? Surely they aren't going to tar and feather rt22. I'd have to take a month off work.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:
ok, no trailers allowed then. big idea Drive to the track and then take the slicks out of the back seat and bolt them on. Cool Car

Thats every trip to the track for me or to go racing in Florida. Drive it there, hammer the crap out of it, drive it home.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
With the Pro-Am at PRP last weekend, some of the Jr dragster hit the road. Stop #1 was at QCR where Mason Gross was the Runner up on Friday 8-6-10.

Stop #2 was at National Trails. 8-7-10 Andrew Valentino qualified in the quick 8, 330 field which was the fastest field ever at the track with a bump spot at 4.57 seconds at 330'. Andrew was the Runner Up.

8-8-10 Andrew was the 13-14 year old class winner. He then had to race 2 run off rounds to win the overall champion of the event.

8-8-10 Mason Gross was runner up in the quick 16 , 330 race.

Both Adam Duche and Domenic Donato were making their presence felt at the event by going rounds.

We all had a great time and the track was represented very well by all these young men. Trails did an outstanding job in hosting the event.

http://www.nationaltrailracewa...leid=31700&zoneid=23

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
PRP jrs are tough no matter where they go.
great job guys.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's all moot for the time being. KoS/TS for this Sunday is postponed. Thanks Penndot.

From the PRP site:

** King of Street / True Street POSTPONED!! **

Due to Penndot's tar, oil, and chip dressing on the drive routes, PRP has had to make the difficult decision to postpone the King of Street and True Street race. Sticky DOT tires tossing up chips into paint and windshields, soft compound tires getting tread chewed off, are things to avoid. Dates in October are being looked at, and will be posted up as soon as it is confirmed. PRP management expresses their sincere regrets at the inconvenience, and appreciates your patience and understanding. Again - This race WILL be rescheduled!!

Really? Roll Eyes

What, Is Obama running the track now and looking out for peoples paint chips because they can't look out for themselves?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Gover,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really?

What, Is Obama running the track now and looking out for peoples paint chips because they can't look out for themselves?

I can't tell if you're serious or not, but please tell me that was supposed to be a joke.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
quote:
Really?

I can't tell if you're serious or not, but please tell me that was supposed to be a joke.

Rather lame Roll Eyes

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:
quote:

How will a street cruise be legal if they are allowing slicks and open headers on the cars? I assume leaded fuels would be allowed as well.... Not seeing the point of requiring inspection or registration, then allowing slicks and open headers and calling it king of "street"...

I can't believe this comes up every year even though the race has been run the same way for years. I drove my car to and from the track for years and would put the slicks on and uncap the exhaust when I got there. I have even drove my car to norwalk for the bracket finals and changed the tire when I got there. My car is still inspected, registered, and insured 365 days a year. Now I decided to trailer the car just to cut back on wear and tear. Does any of this mean my car is not street legal? Heck I think I just might throw some leaded gas in it for the smell Eyes Roll Eyes

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mikey, last time I looked, open headers and slicks were illegal on a street car. Lol, I'm jus bein a dic.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post