DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark- Here's the latest progress report-I.m assembling ur engine right now.I have to get some valve checking springs for piston/valve clrnc.Everything looks good-Tony said balance job was exc.Not too much to trim.Mom's motor square decked-and on boring machine now,I'll have it on Mon.Dad's next-just finished decking-and on to bore after mom's.The 421 will be after dad's.Then I have Donnys stock car 355-a spare 360 for a backup,and the other 409sb.I'll keep u posted,Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Sounds good Dean, I think we have some valve spring checking springs, might want to give Kevin a call at the house. We have that Comp cam degreeing kit and I think there are a set of checking springs in there. I am not home or I would look. I'll be home Sunday afternoon.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a supplier of alcohol in the area ? I thought there was a post about this last year, but I'm not sure now.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
yes me!!!!how much do you need???

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<trap>
posted
Sorry rich. just sold if for 5500.00. I told you the trailer had to go. I do have some trailer stuff for sale. Brand new set of aluminum ramps that were never mounted. Let me know

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bill, are you a dealer ? How much do you have and how much for it. Thanks.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Speaking of fuel... I went to Wh0lesale Transmission in New Ken to get a flywheel cut, and found out they are a dealer for Rockett Brand and Shell's race gas, 5 or 55 gallons, 110 octane.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
PURVIS BROS IN MARS HAS FUEL FOR 200/DRUM, IF YOU BRING YOUR OWN DRUM.

TONY BARONE, 412-372-4567 HAS VP ALCOHOL FOR ABOUT 240-ISH.

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What kind of fuel?

How is everybody doing I havent been on for a while.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Holy schnike, what rock you been under AJ?? How you been doing?

Mark- Does this mean i gotta get Big Steve's car going faster now that you guys got these big sticks going?

Hope everybody's just about ready, best wishes!

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
frank has been working on fuel and alcohol to sale at the track. tried working with torco but I guess we aint big enough yet lol.

Big special surprise announcements coming soon at the racers meeting April 1st and no its not going to be a joke. Tell everyone you talk to because alot of people are in the garage getting ready and they cant afford to miss it. looking forward to the 2007 season and think it will be a great year.

made the mistake of firing up the camaro yest. in the garage and god.....................race fuel smell, loud pipes, 70 degrees and sunny,
boy am I ready to race

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been stuck under the stone called WORK. Just no time to post anything. Also working on the car in the evening.

I am ready to get moving this season as well. Just hope to have everything done by the time it gets here.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ..... what Kyle said.

Yesterday would have been the day to fire up and go for a ride. Kinda like T has been doing. I'm jealous!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
AJ… What did you decide on with the new engine/combination? …Hemi or did you sell out? (just kidding) Wink

And as before don’t let Kyle give you a hard time, he’s under the same stone that you are! Wink

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Went back to the wedge side. 511". Shouldbe a nice setup but we will find out. I should have it finished up this weekend. I ordered pushrods today. That was the last piece to the valve train puzzle.

Chuck I have been good just busy. I feel bad havent had any time to get this practice tree race set up. How is the car coming.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey AJ, I know the feeling. The Man is working me pretty hard too. The 455 will wait for next year. Rich and I are about to go into the tranny, so I'm getting close. I need my hood scoop from VFN for mo' air, then I'll be pretty set. In the meantime, I'm finally painting the cage.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I hate to deal in reality, but the subject is pretty important, and any and all help is appreciated.

In case you missed the e-newsletter from last week:

Bob and Karen Deniker have a little girl, Nikki, 4 years old, fighting leukemia (the AML version). Karen stopped racing a few years ago, and the 455 Olds I bought this year was once in her car, which is now owned by Russ Benish. Bob raced this past season a good bit, in a '68 Camaro. He builds engines for a select few, and own RJ's Heating and Colling in Latrobe. Nikki became a big sister in January, when Bob and Karen had Ashley in January. So far, Nikki is responding well to chemotherapy and blood transfusions, and the outlook is hopeful. This is all my long way of saying:
There will be a bone marrow & replenishment blood drive Saturday, March 24, at Green Meadows Assisted Living, near St Vincent's College, from 10AM to 4PM.

Any and all help is appreciated. I apologize for the break for reality, and hope I didn't offend anyone.

Chuck

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
also to add to what chuck posted if anyone has any questions on anything or need directions or anything please email me at miller@pittsburghracewaypark.com

please help support the denikers and keep praying for thier future.

Thanks,
Greg

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to but the snow tires on the mustang for tomorrow. I just heard 2-4" on the radio.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
after 5 days of being beaten up here is one of the announcements:

2007 is going to be the biggest season for the race track and racers. This season is going to be the 40th year since the track has been built, so with everything scheduled here is one of the most exciting features!!!!!

During the weekend of oct. 10-14 there are going to be a series of runoffs along with the Ghost Gobblins and Gearheads weekend.

The top 16 in points in Top will runoff for a Brand New set of complete set of BBC BB2-X Brodix alum. heads.

The top 16 in points in Mod will runoff for a brand new livingroom suit from Levin's Furn.

The Top 16 in points in Street will runoff for a 350 turbo transmission by Cottman Trans.

The top 8 in points in Bike class will runoff for "TBD" still finalizing the deal

The top 16 in points in Jrs. (combined) will runoff for "TBD" still fializing that deal also

Then the Grand runoff:

Top: 10
Mod: 10
Street: 8
Bike: 3
Trophy: 1

Total: 32 cars & Bikes will runoff for a Brand New 26' enclosed classic RT box trailer!!!!!!!!!!

I take all blame on holding up the schedule but have been extremly busy working on getting everything in order for this huge year. Alot of big events coming this season for the racers and for the track. Hope to see everyone this season and welcome the new.

also this sat. I am asking for all of the help and support of the racer families to help out the Deniker family with thier Blood Drive and Bone Marrow search. more info is on our website. Thanks for everyones help and support.