DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Don’t listen to him, AJ. Kyle sold out and bought one of those wedge thingies! Apparently, buying an entirely new car was cheaper! Smile

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, are we going to see a Hemi powered IROC??? Big Grin

I took a ride out to Spitzer with Rich on Saturday. Cool ass place, neat to see the stuff on the jigs and in the bays. We walked past a '56 Crown Vic that was down to bare metal and into the dragster shop. Guy in there had his '57 T-Bird, beatiful car. He started it up and moved it, and there was no way it was a y-block 312, and I said that to him. He said it's close, and lifted the hood... new 4.6 Mustang engine (281 ci), mated to a 6 speed and a 9", Spitzer did all the chassis work. Found out later that is was Paul Romine, former Top Fuel driver with the Carquest sponsorship. The Crown Vic is his too, and a Ford 427 aluminum block is going in it.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ahhhhhhhhhhhh
maybe the hemi is gonna go into a nice red polara Eek Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Chuck, they also had his airplane in the shop too...

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Way to go richie, you post and now the board goes silent......LOL

Aj

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
He's like that.

Though I notice you haven't confirmed or denied a hemi powered IROC, AJ. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I guess when you think of me, you think of people not talking much?

Conversation is seldom.

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its okay Richie I still like you.

Chuck we will confirm NO HEMI powered IROC but there is still the golf cart!!!

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
so is everyone ready for xmas?
i cant believe that its less than 3 weeks away. guess it just means racing season is getting closer.
well the car is off to the paint stop next week ro have the RISLONE ( bill reicherts A/FUEL dragster paint scheme) put on it.
we are getting really excited for april to get here. ryan just wants the new hammer to breath fire Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here AJ....for using that HEMI practically....

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/hemi-powered-bbq-grill

Ready for x-mas? yikes...we'll worry about that on the 23rd!

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
that is one sweeeeeeeet grill. AJ , if you build it, they will come Wink
here is a pic from the link

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Obligatory decal…

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Rich, I don't think anyone who knows the Patons thinks of them as the shy, silent types. Wink

I don't think Brianna needs to be any more dangerous on the golf cart than she already is! Big Grin

Though the Worshams nitro powered margarita mixer would look good next to that grill!

I dig Christmas, just wish time didn't move so fast.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
2+2=4
4+4=8
8+8=16

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ray, is that the test to become a dragster driver? Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
BAR'S LEAKS just sent us the new 2007 paint scheme for ryans car. this is for bill reicherts A/FUEL dragster but the same will go on ryans car to make it the sister car for the team.
just no wings Wink

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
is next year (2007 ) the track's 40th year in operation, and if-so, is there any 'special' event marking this?
Confused

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the anniversary... if I hear anything I'll post it.

Today is Frank Tedesco's birthday, in case y'all didn't hit the PRP site.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
..... Today is Frank Tedesco's birthday.....

..... after taking a 10+ year, self-imposed exile from that track, I visited the 'new' track in July of '02:
within 45 minutes of arriving, 'some-guy' in a Track Offical shirt walks-up to my fiancee & I, and announces:
"I know who you are, I know why you left, and we want to keep you as a customer....."
Eek

Stunned, I reply, " O-kay....... and just who are YOU?"
Confused

"I'm Frank Tedesco..... enjoy the races!", and he went about his duties:
I'd NEVER seen the guy before in my life, but every time I went to the track after that evening, he ALWAYS stopped-by to say 'Hello' us, no-matter if we were in the pits as racers, or sitting in the grandstands.

Cool

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
hey ray..how about posting a picture of your new pipe rack.or are you going to keep us all wondering just how nice its going to be????since you wont return any phone calls..and i cant come and see it for myself...

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post