DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Ron McClelland went down to 8 cars left as well so it was a good showing for us mountain boys...and AJ you are one tough dude.

Scotty I'm thinking I'll be there thursday to give Big Steve's car some runs...tell Greg to give me a buzz at the office (he has my #) and maybe i can grab them then?

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
Chuck, all I can remember about the car was that it was a dark color and had Pusherman on the sides. He hauled it on a open trailer because I saw it being hauled down Rt.356. It might have been around possibly just 1 year. There is a rod type shop in Butler and I'm gonna stop there and see if those guys know anything about it.

Dan, Greg and I were talking, and he remembered the name I was trying to... AJ Yonek? Allegheny Township?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I think that's the name. The only AJ Yonek I can find is in Delmont. I stopped at the shop in Butler, and the fellow who owns the place doesn't remember the car. He said he'd ask around. Thanks to both Chuck and Greg. I guess the car was a original 427 factory car and this fellow wants to see what's left.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
Chuck and dan, I remember the blown camaro from butler with that name on the side. It has probably been since before the tedesco's took over the track that I have seen it. I actually talked to him a few times but I don't recall his name. It was a purple 67 or 68 with zoomies. I will have to ask my dad, he may remember.
Glad I could be of absolutely no help.

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
LOL Nick, nice! Now you're confusing me. I don't remember a car like that, a '67-8 in purple. If the '69 is the one I'm thinking of, I remember seeing it on the last day of the '05 season, a Saturday test n tune, it was a dark blue, definitely blown on alky.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
HR1140, you've been of great help is supplying the color. We all knew it was a dark color, but not the exact color. And that's the car for sure, only it was a '69 and had the zoomies. Thank you and I hope your Dad can fill in some blanks too.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
what is scdds??is there a q16 this wknd?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
bill.,
Q16 has been canceled for the rest of the season and the other im pretty sure that they are the diesels .

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
bummer on q16..diesels???what do they pay to win?????

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
this is what scddrs is
Steel City Diesel Drag Racing Series

no sure , but you might have to join their series to compete.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nick, how is the Vega coming along?

SCDDRS pays a trophy.

Bill, the announcement about Q16 being canceled has been on the PRP main page, along with some schedule updates:

** IMPORTANT SCHEDULE UPDATES** PLEASE READ**

Due to the lack of participation and high expenses involved in Two Wheel Tuesdays and the Quick 16 programs, unfortunately, Two Wheel Tuesdays and the Quick 16 will be canceled for the rest of the 2010 seaon.

In addition, the points make up day originally scheduled for July 11 has been switched to July 25.
Both July 25 and August 29 will be regular race days, with points, to make up for previously lost points days
Labor Day weekend schedule has changed: no racing Friday or Monday, Saturday September 4 is now a regular race day with points, and Sunday, September 5 is a standby points make up day - it will only become a race day if there is a points rainout between June 26 and September 4.
The schedule tab will be updated soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
If anyone is looking for something to do this Sunday, consider this cruise benefitting Lou Greco's daughter Josie. Josie has cerebral palsy and is in need of a kidney transplant, and the cruise is to help out. It starts at 1pm, $5 entry.

West Middlesex VFW
3747 New Castle Road
West Middlesex, PA 16159
(soundbite) rock band starts 1:30pm
(trainwreck) country band starts 4 pm

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony... it's just opinion, bro!!! Wink

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know. But my opinions tend to get peoples panties in a bunch. crying

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Yeah, I know. But my opinions tend to get peoples panties in a bunch. crying

I hear ya. Hard to find a guy that goes comando and lets their balls hang out. Too many wearing their manties complaining about them crumpled up their crack.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck are you or any of the other PRP guys coming up to Lou's daughters benefit sunday? I got Mark Romeos waterpump that is looking for a free ride home.

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
how did the night under fire event turn out does any 1 no wht the car count was

Posts: 21 | Location: Clinton,PA | Registered: June 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Clint, I'm hoping to. I'll make sure to see you if I do.

Cricket, Night of Fire was crazy awesome. Place was packed, 2-3-4 deep at the fences. Check out www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
well i am junk right now, got about 200 yards from my house on sunday morning after i left the track, shut her down and towed it home the rest of the way, motor dropped oil pressure and what not, so far only checked 2 but 2 rod bearings arent spun but they are beat. so lil 318 is coming out, hoping to put a 408 mopar crate engine in, wheels and tires aswell so it hooks, but until then, my point will continue to fall and bracket finals looks even further out of reach, figures...i might try to bring my lil dakota to run this weekend, really hard to cut a light in, just doesnt leave the line...all i know is next time i come out im running MOD AND STREET...

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Damn Nick, sure am sorry to hear that. I was hoping you'd be ok. Keep swinging away in the Dakota, yaneverknow what might happen. Good luck with the new build.