DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Before I forget, I want to thank all the folks at the track who work hard so we can have fun: Bob B, Bobby O, FrankT, Tony, Keith, Josh, Nick, Steve, Larry, Don, FrankC, Doug, Pam, Greg, the water box guys, the ticket booth guys, and anyone I'm forgetting. You all work thankless jobs, but we're glad you're there.

I'm planning on going through my tranny, maybe go to a manual valve body, and upgrading the converter to a true stall, so I can leave off the 3rd being shallow again. (Hey Rich, wanna tear up a tranny?) I'd love to find a body shop as a sponsor who would put the quarters and paint on. I think the engine will be left alone for '07. Oh, and some practice tree racing, whenever we figure that out. Big Grin

What did you run, BlackDog? I didn't start going regularly until '96, joined points in '99 and since. While I might envy you in FL come January, you might envy us come July! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

I am good at tearing up transmissions. Tore 2 up this year back to back weeks!

Let's see how time progresses over the next few weeks, and I'll let you know.

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

What did you run, BlackDog? I didn't start going regularly until '96, joined points in '99 and since. While I might envy you in FL come January, you might envy us come July! Big Grin

I raced a 13-second streetable Z28 outta The Motorworks for a time, then raced in West-by-God-Virginnie and Ohio:
by '96, I'd sold-off some of my stuff and was out-of the sport, but kept the Z28.

I ran my ol' Corvette the Saturday before Thanksgiving in 72* temps, and got sun-burned doing-so:
I don't think I'm ever coming-back to Taxylvaniastan.....
Wink

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Very cool! The Brewers are good people. If you have any pics from when you ran up here, it would be cool to see them.

Oh yeah? Well I ran my Cutlass the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving at PRP! Ok, so it was freak weather, but who would argue with a crystal clear, sunny 65 degree day in late November in PA? Smile You might be back up here... one of them hurricanes might pick you up and replant you!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
The Brewers are good people.

Mark (Sr.) and I grew-up half a block away from each-other, and he really didn't go to the track all that-much until I kinda 'dragged' him-along with me, making-sure the car ran OK, so we go WAY-back together:
I even took video tape of their wedding entourage, doing burnouts after the ceremony on the way to the reception, in their street/strip cars, on the streets of their hometown.
Wink

I think my ex-wife has almost all of my old photographs from Keystone, showing the hillside where the moto-cross track used to be situated, and the 'old', L.E.D./ connected-to-nothing 'spot-boxes' behind the starting-line, ofetn with burned-out numbers:
I got some old, hand-written ET-cards from the old-days, laying-around somewhere, probably in the console of the Camaro.....
Confused

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
As far as plans go for the winter AJ, other than hopefully a practice tree race sometime after the new year, I am doing some upgrading to the old Nova. The car left yesterday to recieve its new 10 point cage welded in by Ron Boyce. I am definately going with a powerglide, as to wether it will have a brake or not is to be decided. I am also getting a new 355 with a few upgrades looking for high 10's but we will have to wait and see what she runs. Maybe a paint job if time/money allow...no it won't be exciting (thinking flat black sealer, which is basically primer)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you guys have some plans.

Mark I like the black primer look. I raced one of my Jr cars in grey primer for half the season.

I definitly want to have a practice tree race this winter. It will be a good time.

As for me this winter I dont know what is going to happen. Want to do a lot of stuff but we will see if the money fairy comes along and drops a lump in my lap. One thing for sure is that the HEMI is coming out. Havent decided if the car is going to be slower or faster....

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
yep the prime / flat black look is cool.

....I love a flat black job with some really nice polished or powder coated rims.

Mark your going to like the glide. Wink

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
aj.are you ready for that dragster yet???

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Brianna>
posted
Hey Bill, you know Christmas is just right around the corner and I would like a few presents so no dragster yet. Oh yeah and wait till after February so I can get through Valentines Day and my Birthday too! Smile

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
oh your killing me..that boy needs a dragster so he can buy you alot more presents later in life..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, were you going to Lake Cumberland before they called it off?

Brianna, way to be up front about it! Gimmee presents! Big Grin

Anyone see the pics on PRP's site? The left side ticket booth is in the middle of the return road.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
they are lucky it didnt topple it on its side. maybe some sort of anchor wil be next.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
c'mon AJ, real motors have spark plugs in the valve covers!

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Cuck,

No I wasnt going to Lake Cumberland this year. I called it an end to the season after the Halloween race.

Kyle,

I know they are but they also cost an arm an a leg to get em there. The HEMI needs to come out and be looked over. Going to get bearings and maybe a cam. You will see the HEMI back at the tack soon ennough in somthing. Maybe not Betsy but it will be back.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
maybe a HEMI dragster? Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will have to wait and see.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yea AJ i can agree with ya there...i priced stuff for my dad's coronet and it ain't cheap...there's alot more bang for the buck with the wedge stuff. I'd just figured i'd bust your chops...

Mark-i like the black primer look too, i think it'd look pretty damn good on your car

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Brianna>
posted
Bill I came up with an idea that will benefit all of us! Since this is the season of giving you can give AJ the dragster for Christmas, this way you will get rid of the dragster, AJ will get a dragster and I will get presents now and in the future. Its a win-win situation! Smile

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Eek but i need to sale the car so that i can buy my wife some presents.so that i dont get an *** whoopin.like i did in north carolina last wknd.w/x-mas $$$...

Photobucket