DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Great, Patons back. Now the trouble starts. What up Rich?

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hello Boys and Girls!

Well, this year has been a busy one for sure. Carrie and I bought a house late last year, and completely remodeled it. Just about rebuilt the whole darn thing! On labor day, found that my knee was getting real red and sore, and two days later in the hospital with a staph infection. After getting back to work two weeks later, continued on a project that yielded 14-16 hour days for 5-7 days a week. We built a hybrid streetcar for the city of Savannah, Georgia. It will run River Street carrying people along a 2+ mile stretch. It weighs 50,000 lbs fully loaded, and consumes less than 1 gallon of fuel per hour. I designed the electrical and drive system, as well as managed the project and ran some of the 2 1/2 miles of wire under the car.

Now it's time to catch up on the family, friends, and housework. With lots of hope, I should be able to hit the track next year. I miss you all, and hope to see you at the banquet.

AJ, I tried calling you right after Thanksgiving, but you might have been hunting. Call me when you get a chance...

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Allison!!!

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Allison

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Allison!

Rich, good to hear from you again. How did you like Savannah GA? I have been there and love it. It is one of my favorite cities. There is a lot of history there.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Allison!!

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Allison!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Scotty, check PM.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Did it

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Everyone, don't forget, February 21 is the date for the second annual practice tree race. More details to follow as we hammer them out, but the date is set, as is the place... the New Alexandria VFD hall, right on 22, just past Sheetz as you go toward the track, on the left. Stay tuned!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
scotty's not aloud to use his transtrigger is he?????

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sure he is... off the bottom bulb! Big Grin

DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Bill I gotta get me one of those transtriggers, once you get used to it that thing rocks.. Last years practice tree race was awesome good crowd and good lights, Chuck can you pay for my practice tree entry cause I am beyond broke

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
scotty,
i think if you hit the tree like you ran at the run offs, just about anyone would pay for you if you split the winnings Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Has anybody seen the Alaskan Dragster owned bye Joe lately?

Posts: 282 | Location: Butler,Pa | Registered: July 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Belated Birthday Allison!

Happy New Year's to everyone.

I sure hope 2009 is better than 2008 was to me and my family.

For everyone else, make your resolution to cherish each second that you spend with the ones you love as if it is the last time you will have with them. You never know when someone will be taken from you unexpectedly.

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rugface:
Has anybody seen the Alaskan Dragster owned bye Joe lately?

Dave Boyd bought Joe's car and setup.

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year!

Happy belated Birthday to Allison!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I'm goin to see Elmo on the 10th. Big Grin Who's coming with me???

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bob I think I'm busy!! LOL

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post