DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Chuck is all that body work going to make it go faster? Wink

Some think I'll slow down from the new metal going on, but there was an awful lot of mud poured in the patches. Plus, I'll be more aerodynamic now. I might even see top end better with no more burnout smoke in the car!
Laughing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What's Keith going to do now ? Everytime Chuck came off the line, Keith would have to go out and sweep the rust off the line ! Just kidding buddy, it's gonna look good when it's done. Maybe the WoW next January ?

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I don't know about WoW... I'll leave that to Mikey's car. Maybe I'll park next to him to make him look even better.

You have to keep an eye on Keith... I think he gets bored and goes out and creates problems so he can fix them. I caught him in the act!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Question for you guys. Does anyone here run Brad Penn oil? I am thinking of becoming a distributor of their product and want to get your opinions. The product is superior to any conventional motor oil on the market. The Race semi-synthetic oil is known as 'The Green Oil'. Used to be sold under the Kendall name many years ago now its PENN-GRADE 1 high Performance oil. It is available in 10w30, 10w40, 15w40 and 20w50. Also available in 10w40 and 20w50 4 stroke motorcycle oil. Also have a 30WT Break in oil. This gives the assurance when breaking in those new flat tappet cams.

The oil is recommended by most all major cam companies, Crane, Crower, Cam Motion, Howard and Koerner Cams. Appreciate your feedback.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
AJ, Me and steve have been a distributor for a few years now with brad penn oils and have had no complaints from any of our customers on it. everyone seems to be generaly pleased with it. it works even better with alky motors doesnt milk up as fast as other oils do. we also use it in our race cars as well as there conv. oils in our dialy drivers. hope this helps and shoot me a pm if i can help you out in any way, Matt

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I used the break in oil for our Jr engine this year. I was wondering how much it would milk up with alky as I like to look at the oil to judge how rich the engine is. I know with RP, you have to be extremely rich for it to milk up. I will have to give it a try and see.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I started running it in my mustang (the Green oil) plus I run their diesel oil in my Duramax. Im happy so far.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Aj - I have been using it for a couple years now and I'm sold on it. Broken in two flat tappet cam engines with their break in oil and no other additives. No issues afterwards. Run the semi-synthetic 10W-30 in the nova and the bearings look like new. I also run their conventional dino oil in my VW with no issues.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadMonte454:
I used the break in oil for our Jr engine this year. I was wondering how much it would milk up with alky as I like to look at the oil to judge how rich the engine is. I know with RP, you have to be extremely rich for it to milk up. I will have to give it a try and see.

I know Andy and I only run Juniors but we are both looking for a better oil, Last year we ran the Lucas Pro Stock/JUnior Dragster oil and It cost me a crankshaft and and Andy's was damaged but turnable,
Royal Purple is an option but a bit pricey.
And as far as Lucas I wrote them and got no reply so the are on my "d" list for suppliers!!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom I run the same thing 10w30 in the roadrunner and have been using their break in oil for the past 3 engines after I wiped out a cam with conventional oil and additive 4 years ago.

Leadhead I know that the RP is pricey for the Jrs. What weight do you run in the Jr motors? Brad Penn offers a 0w30 oil dont know if thats too thin or not. I know when I ran Jrs we used to run RP Racing 9 or 11.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Tom I run the same thing 10w30 in the roadrunner and have been using their break in oil for the past 3 engines after I wiped out a cam with conventional oil and additive 4 years ago.

Leadhead I know that the RP is pricey for the Jrs. What weight do you run in the Jr motors? Brad Penn offers a 0w30 oil dont know if thats too thin or not. I know when I ran Jrs we used to run RP Racing 9 or 11.

AJ: 5 w 30 is preferred but 10/30 will do

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will you be at the track tomorrow? I have a couple quarts left over from my last case, stop by my trailer and I will get it for you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Will you be at the track tomorrow? I have a couple quarts left over from my last case, stop by my trailer and I will get it for you.

AJ : Probably won't make it tomorrow, Temps in the 40's and 50's do bad things to these little motors but we will probably be there next weekend if you still have them then!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Anyone know where I can get my motorhome and trailer inspected near Allison Park?....the MH is an 84' so there is no emission issues. I just don't want to take it somehwere and get hit for BS repairs...

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
If the gvwr on the tag(not regestration) on your motorhome is 9001 lbs or greater(witch it should be) you'll never need an emissions sticker, no matter the year.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
which

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
whitch

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I give up

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I take my truck to Ed Yeager on Rt 8 across from the BP at Duncan Ave. In 8 years they've never hit me for more than brakes.
They have a very steep driveway, might be a pain getting in and out of there with a motorhome.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Anyone know where I can get my motorhome and trailer inspected near Allison Park?....the MH is an 84' so there is no emission issues. I just don't want to take it somehwere and get hit for BS repairs...

Hey Eric give me a call I'll steer you in the right direction. buy the way I'm the guy that always beeps and waves as i go buy in the triaxel dump truck.......tom.

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post