DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Super Rod/9.90 would work too. Just keep in mind all these guys using the stop are going to be 20-30mph faster than you at the stripe.

Congratulations to Matt Wybiral and his family, welcoming Connor Matthew today, 7lbs, 9oz! Best wishes for much health and happiness!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
Slowing a car down is a tough thing to do for me. How bout if I run the 990 class? I think the car is capable of 70's if I lean on it. I tried Top Dragster and noticed nobody could drive until I was in the other lane.

Bob...can you cut a light on a .400 tree with your car?..I'll be the first to admit the big mph is nice...since I get chased in S/R 90% of the time. But...class racing is just like bracket racing in the fact that "cut a light and run the dial". There are a lot of guys holding quite a bit too....Folk holds a tenth...doubt he would admit that though... Big Grin You can do it if you run .70's ...but getting a ratio will be very hard and the car will not be as consistant on the stop. If you want to run 9.90 I would do a little T&T with weight....find the sweet spot adding weight...Eddie Bolton won a H/R championship doing that.

If anyone has any questions on the class thing I'll try to help out.... 412-638-7270 feel free to call.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Kate Smith sang "God Bless America" before Philthadelphia Phlyer hockey games in the 1970's

... correcetd for factual-content...

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
So if I put Miller, Turocy and Turk in the car with me, it will go 10.90's. That may just work out fine. Won't have to do anything else. They can be my eyes too.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hey bob...co pilots are nice! just as long as no one starts making out in the back seat haha

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<trap>
posted
Does any one have Bob Brehms email. If so could you pm it to me. thanks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Bob,

I can't believe you put me in the same weight field and Greg and Chuck. That hurt... Just a FYI i do remember someone from our track cleaning up in the 9.90 class running flat out and confused the hell out of the other racers running throttle stops. Mike Fiore ( mike's auotbody) white firebird cleaned up in the 9.90 class as no one could figure out the top end on him. So Bob being that your driving skills have been rusty for many years(semi retired) and you never look back go with the 9.90 class and mess them all up like mike did with no throttle stop..

Bill Turk

Posts: 179 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
So if I put Miller, Turocy and Turk in the car with me, it will go 10.90's. That may just work out fine. Won't have to do anything else. They can be my eyes too.

I thought you wanted to run 10.90, not Street's 12.0s?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:
hey bob...co pilots are nice! just as long as no one starts making out in the back seat haha

I'm calling shotgun... whatever Miller and Turk do, well, 2 consenting adults....

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Thanks chuck, could you see all 4 of us in Bob's camaro it would look like a circus car with all the clowns in it. Being i am 6'4 my feet would be hanging out the back window. Just strap me on the roof i would get a better view and could look back for bob and tell him when to lift or burp it.. Rolling

Bill Turk

Posts: 179 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Your two feet taller then those guys Bill. Lol.

What little skills I had are easy to get back. And when do you ever remember me needing to look back?? Haha.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hey chuck...if i put a stop on the conrathmobile and run h/r...will you sponser me for the weekend? you can cover entry fees, gas, food and of course beer....i'll also need a place to sleep for the weekend. thanks bud!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Bob i think there was a time in norwalk where the guy you were raacing blew up on the starting line and you ran under never looking back. But i am getting older and my memory a little foggy.

Actually i think the best choice is to have Tony Fagnilli strapped to the roof of the camaro. First with his size it would greatly slow the car down but with his super (F)art man abilities it like having a shot of hot air nitrous when needed. Have to be careful as he is a very powerful (F)art man and has blown the tower bathroom up many of times. So Bob you will have to learn to look back if Tony fires a shot off for you.. Car

Bill Turk

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Matt, my junk isn't running, and I'm broke! And there isn't anyone who can afford your beer bill!

Thought about it, Bob may want Greg riding shotgun... just sayin'. Laughing

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Bob i think there was a time in norwalk where the guy you were raacing blew up on the starting line and you ran under never looking back. But i am getting older and my memory a little foggy.

Dammitt Bill!!! Lol.
Thanks Chuck.. Look at Ashley looking at me like wth???

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I love Ashley's look, it's like:

"Dad?.... oh, dad (shakes her head)"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
bob and greg would make a great couple...and awww...they both have 1st gen camaros haha

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Bob being that you love VW's check out this Video. If your going back to racing you need this setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0

Bill Turk

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thoughts and prayers go out to rich penn and his family...rich lost his mother this morning. Praying

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Roenigk Tire Service

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Praying Praying for Rich and his family. Godspeed to his mom. I'll post arrangements when they're available.