DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
The bullets do let the lope sound of the cam come out. It's going to run as good as it looks and sounds!

How does the new part look Chucky its between the seats on the bar? I also dont have to have the computer lying on the passanger side floor anymore Smile

Does anyone know how much faster Mason Dixon is then PRP so I know where to set my goal.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I didn't catch it, and I can't watch it from here. I did see I won't be stepping on the computer anymore.

I don't think M-D is that much faster on average, just if they're getting a really good air day. On average I'm thinking .05 or so. The last time I had the Cutlass there it was pretty much on par as PRP, due to the rain and resulting humidity. And settle down, Beavis.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
LOL im getting cabin fever and I have a new car thats just waiting.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mikey actually Mason is about .1 quicker than PRP. When I run down there I always carry a little more top end. (Its cause the track is built a little down hill).

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks AJ, I just dont want to be disappointed when we come home after being at M-D. I have my goal for PRP so I just wanted to see much much I should adjust it for M-D.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
What is your PRP goal Mike?

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
10.90's at the worst. I dont ever want to see 11's again unless im really ripping it on the top end.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i like that goal...i feel the same way...when i get my other car done i dont want to see 11s..ever

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We'll see I didnt do to much. New suspension compared to a really really worn out suspension and a little bit of engine work. It might only run low 11's we'll see. As long as it goes straight and runs the number every week ill be happy.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike,
If the car runs the 10.90 you hope it does, you should consider running H/R class at the 2 Pro Am events.

Dan

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
Mike,
If the car runs the 10.90 you hope it does, you should consider running H/R class at the 2 Pro Am events.

Dan

That was my goal in making the car faster Dan. When I went last year to watch Scotty run it really made me want to participate. I actually wanted the car to be a little faster then 10.90 so I had some room to play with Big Grin. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
my goal is 8.90's about 185mph Eyes

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike,
That's great to hear and I hope you'll be able to race with them. They are among the best of the best so you well know, and you'll need to have all your ducks in a row.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Mike that is pretty sweet hope it runs up to your expectations. H/R..I have that goal as well...don't know that it will happen for me though. Too many rules...will need a neck collar, fire pants..etc. Have you considered that it is a .500 pro tree and you footbrake? Might be tough.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike, Just got on and all caught up. Car looks great, sounds great but what further impresses me is.... man, is that garage nice to! LOL Good luck down at MD. By the way, when I was racing and went down there it was the same to .05 differant depending on air.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I can tell you guys if your considering running H/R...class racing is a ton of fun. I ran H/R with my Duster...would run 10.60's in good air...and my buddy footbraked a 10.90 car and did fairly well. Give it a shot...if you have any questions I'd be happy to help..there aren't many class racers here compared to my old tracks...I'd love to see more Wink....especially since we are lucky enough to have two divisionals here.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Mark the 500 pro tree with the cutlass running 12.0's was .025 or better every hit footbraking, the camaro was way red with transbrake thinking -.070ish and a good bit red footbraking like -.020ish, you guys would prob need a delay, but man those classes are sweet

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I dont think Ill have a problem with the .500 pro tree but I'll just give it a try. Being that my car is injected there isnt much hesitation. When I run my Dad's car with the brake I leave in the same spot.

As for the neck collar and pants I was hoping Chuck or Greg was going to buy them for me. If not Im sure Scotty will let me wear his. Cool

I want to do if for fun and to try something different.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
im sure chuck can cover you on the pants and neck collar...i heard he has a money tree in his yard

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
I can tell you guys if your considering running H/R...class racing is a ton of fun. I ran H/R with my Duster...would run 10.60's in good air...and my buddy footbraked a 10.90 car and did fairly well. Give it a shot...if you have any questions I'd be happy to help..there aren't many class racers here compared to my old tracks...I'd love to see more Wink....especially since we are lucky enough to have two divisionals here.

Eric,
I too am going to try my hand at H/R this year, although I am mostly going to bracket race. If you don't mind this spring I would like to get your opinion on my setup, and tell me what all these buttons and knobs do. help

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post