DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
As for the neck collar and pants I was hoping Chuck or Greg was going to buy them for me. If not Im sure Scotty will let me wear his. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:
im sure chuck can cover you on the pants and neck collar...i heard he has a money tree in his yard

WTH??? I don't get paid overtime! I am a glutton for punishment, driving an Olds... that money tree won't show buds ever! And since you're done with your car, you have time to go find another job to pay for your neck collar and pants! And dude, it's weird that you're trying to get into Scotty's pants.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR1140:
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
I can tell you guys if your considering running H/R...class racing is a ton of fun. I ran H/R with my Duster...would run 10.60's in good air...and my buddy footbraked a 10.90 car and did fairly well. Give it a shot...if you have any questions I'd be happy to help..there aren't many class racers here compared to my old tracks...I'd love to see more Wink....especially since we are lucky enough to have two divisionals here.

Eric,
I too am going to try my hand at H/R this year, although I am mostly going to bracket race. If you don't mind this spring I would like to get your opinion on my setup, and tell me what all these buttons and knobs do. help

Sure...anytime... Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I would like to race at both events this year. Any suggestions on how I could do it? Not sure what would be the best class to try.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
As for the neck collar and pants I was hoping Chuck or Greg was going to buy them for me. If not Im sure Scotty will let me wear his. Cool

...And dude, it's weird that you're trying to get into Scotty's pants.

I'm sorry, but that's just too funny, LMAO! Thanks for the laugh, Chuck!

BTW -- I haven't been on in a while, but you guys all did a great job at the banquet on Saturday. It was a lot of fun! Smile

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
I would like to race at both events this year. Any suggestions on how I could do it? Not sure what would be the best class to try.

Bob, your ride is a perfect canidate for Hot Rod (10.90). It runs what 10.0's/teens? That is perfect. You will just need a throttle stop/timer and IHRA #/License. Does your car have a 4500/4150 carb? If it is 4150, I have a throttle stop and timer you could try if your interested, I don't know that I am going to be able to do it this year.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob, your best bet would be putting a stop on the Camaro to run H/R (10.90 index). Mark Romeo is up on all the rules for Stock and Super Stock.... I'm thinking you may have too much aftermarket stuff to qualify there?

Kimmy, I just work with what they give me... if Mikey throws up an alley oop, it's my job to dunk it. Big Grin Laughing And I crack myself up. Thanks, the banquet was a lot of fun.

Gee, can't understand why you haven't been on?? You have a bunch of people over in General on the Good Morning thread pulling for JJ. Glad he's home.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mark trees me again.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
My brother Gino raced H/R for the past nine years and if there's one thing I learned about those guys, is that those f*%kers can drink.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
my goal is 8.90's about 185mph

Really, 185 huh? What new motor are you building?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck -- thanks for letting me know about the "Good Morning" thread - I had no idea. Just went over and posted.

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Speaking of H/R, Gino has an Edlebrock manifold and a #1 throttle stop. It's an under the carb style(4500) air on/air off. The manifold is an open plenum for BB chevy. He also has an inline stop thats goes on your linkage. Both are for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted March 04, 2010 09:57 AM Hide Post
I

quote:

Bob, the best class to try? Easy, Top Sportsman.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tony, that's not fair of you call out folks so you can go duck hunting. Shame on you and may all your pasta stick together.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Dan, did you watch alot of Johnny Carson when you were younger? You sound like Karnak

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tony, I'm sure you can relate to Sophia Petrillo on this " Picture it, Oakmont 1950, I come home from 2nd grade, and we had gotten a TV and Kate Smith was on " You can take it from there.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You got me on that one Chucky haha. Boy H/R sounds like it's getting some interest.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Kate Smith, who the heck is that? Wasn't she one of Charlie's angels?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Kate Smith sang "God Bless America", Kate Jackson and Jacquelyn Smith was on Charlie's Angels, you gay person!! Rolling

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Slowing a car down is a tough thing to do for me. How bout if I run the 990 class? I think the car is capable of 70's if I lean on it. I tried Top Dragster and noticed nobody could drive until I was in the other lane.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im with you Bob, I dont really like the idea of slowing down.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post