DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
everyone have there thumbs warmed up??

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to tomorrow! We're expecting a great time with everyone. AJ, Mark, and I cannot thank everyone enough for all of their support, whether you're coming to watch, running one or all races, one of our great sponsors, and those special folks feeding us!

My buddy Scott Harr did the welding and we designed on the fly to come up with a trophy for the big race winner:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
wow! that trophy looks pretty neat for designing on the fly..

Joe Sr and i just about have the hamburgers made up for tomorrow, can't wait to get there with everyone and exercise our thumbs..

i would like to say in advance thanks to all of you who are involved in putting this event on yearly, we always have a good time. And would we would also like to thank the Great Sponsors who put up the awesome prizes..

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattCadamore:
everyone have there thumbs warmed up??

I've had mine shoved...

under hot water for days... Laughing

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
Thanks Again to everyone involved in putting this Practice Tree Race on not worthy
We had a great time as always, the Food was awesome and Plentiful, Good Company of friends, tough competition lots of .50? lights to .50? lights,even a fair amount of perfect .500. awesome turnout had to be close to 100 some people present. Lots of $$$ to the winners. Congrats to all of the winners today in all of the races that took place. Thanks to all of the sponsors for door prizes, race prizes, food donations etc.
i know I'm going to have to start practicing Car or something because all i heard on the ride home was how great my "mechanic" (Joe Sr.) lights were and how many rounds he went in both races compared to me.. lol
awesome time can't wait till next one, see everyone at the banquet.
Joe Jr.

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Jr.:
Thanks Again to everyone involved in putting this Practice Tree Race on not worthy
We had a great time as always, the Food was awesome and Plentiful, Good Company of friends, tough competition lots of .50? lights to .50? lights,even a fair amount of perfect .500. awesome turnout had to be close to 100 some people present. Lots of $$$ to the winners. Congrats to all of the winners today in all of the races that took place. Thanks to all of the sponsors for door prizes, race prizes, food donations etc...see everyone at the banquet.

I'll echo those sentiments! This was the first practice tree race I've been to and I had a good time. As it was last year, I'm sure the banquet will be awesome again this year.

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
the tree race was AWESOME !!!!

if you wasnt in the teens, you wasnt going further and usually it took a 00 to make it.
this just shows the depth of competition that prp has.
congrats to all the winners. cant wait till next year.

and a job well done to all that keeps this racing going. thanks again.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm so very proud to be part of the drag racing family in general, and the PRP family in particular. What an awesome group of folks who give of their time and money to bring in gifts, food, and their company to give us a great day in this oh so long winter. And I'm so proud that we could do some good, with the donations to the Nikki Deniker memorial playground fund, and the family of Drake Simmons.

In the little race, Randy Biddle Jr carried both of his entries into the semifinals, with one being a bye into the final. He faced Ricky Baehr in the semis, Ricky won that one, and repeated the feat in the final.

In the big race, thanks to sponsor donations, we were able to pay $1000 to win, $350 runner up, $140 to the semis, and $60 to the quarters. Brian Cireddu and Randy Biddle Jr continued the Ohio onslaught by making it into the semis, with Brian taking on Mike Balaska, and Randy taking on Scotty Campbell. Mike took out Brian, and Randy took out Scotty. Much like the entire day's racing, the final was tight. The winning hit in the best of 3 went to Mike, .007 to a .009. He also took home a $50 gift card from PRP for being the PRP racer going the furthest in the race, and a 3 month trial membership to www.thisisbracketracing.com - Congratulations to Mike, Rick, and Randy!

In the 16 racer entry for the Bottom Bulb Extravaganza weekend entry, once again, Randy Biddle was in the final, and took out Jason Weaver to get the entry and $100 cash. Jason picked up $75, and semifinalists Jordan Haase and Marie Brewer picked up $30.

The Dean Racing Engines Bounty was more of a jinx for the racer with a bounty. In the first race, round 1, Mike Balaska couldn't hold off Brian Cireddu, second round, Brian couldn't hold off Randy Biddle, third round, Jason Weaver couldn't hold off Joey Pinskey, fourth round, Dave Poorman couldn't hold off Rick Baehr, and fifth round, Rich Penn couldn't hold off.... Randy Biddle! Big race, Lenny Davis couldn't hold off Jeff Hann, Brian Cireddu fell to Matt Obertanec, Markie Brewer to Dave Poorman. Barry Barnett finally broke the string and defended his bounty.

Once I get the pics uploaded, I 'll post some up along with the photobucket link. Thanks again to everyone for making this a great day.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had a great time yesterday. I want to thank all the sponsors and Chuck, AJ, and Mark Romeo for taking the time to set up a great event.

It was nice seeing some good racers from other tracks and states. It made for some really tough racing.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Great time....and very nice hanging out with all of you. I'll have to buy a practice tree for next year...Obviously I need the practice... Big Grin ...Congrats to all the winners and thanks to all who organized a great event.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1355PRO,

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Mark, and AJ, THANK YOU for all the work that went into making this another great, and successful get together. Food was GREAT, and plenty of it, prizes were awesome, and everyone had a lot of fun, in breaking up this lousy winter. Thanks to all who attended, participated, and and supported this event, it was a HUGE success. I know it will get bigger, and better every year. Congratulations to all the winners. Dean Big Grin

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Just had a chance to post. I just wanted to thank everyone involved in putting together the biggest and best Steel City Practice Tree Race yet, we couldn't do it without everyone's help. From the sponsors to participants, to folks that just wanted to come out and bench race we appreciate it. We will start putting things together in a few months for next years 4th Annual race. I for one can't wait!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Would just like to thank everyone for coming out and making the 3rd Steel City Practice Tree Race the largest and best event so far. With all of your help we will be even bigger next year.

It was a great thing for all involved when we could make the announcement $1000 to win!!!! I mean that is crazy awesome to be tree racing for 1K. We will be shooting for the same goal next year of paying 1K to win in the Big Race.

Look for some exciting things to come in 2011.

If you have any comments or suggestions for ways to improve the event please send an email to steelcitydragrace@yahoo.com

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm still on a buzz, what a great time. And I'm with AJ and Mark, the race gets better every year. Thanks for all the compliments, and please, send constructive criticism to steelcitydragrace@yahoo.com

Thanks to those racers who traveled in a fair piece... Brian Cireddu, Rick Baehr, Randy Biddle, the Seszko crew, Doug Lynden, off the top of my head. Your support is greatly appreciated, and we hope you had fun and will come back next year.

Some pics from Vanessa Noon:

Bob George, one of our great sponsors, with Lenny and Curt

Bob Jones, one of our great sponsors

Tree trophy... broken parts come in handy!

Thank you, Michael Tedesco, for the use of your tree! The scoreboards were awesome!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I got a e-mail from Tom Lang saying he has 2 extra tickets to the PRP banquet this Saturday. Give Tom a call at 412-716-1252 about the tickets.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Pics are up!

Third annual tree race pics

Great crowd, great time:

Awesome table of gifts from our sponsors, and that doesn't include the stuff from PRP and NAPA that we were able to give out between rounds:

Young gun Mark Romeo (far) taking on younger gun Mark Vasbinder (near):

Texas Hold 'em?? Jordan Haase (near) Nick Bowman (far):

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The ladies came to play too! Rachel Kuskie taking on Earl Hall:

Kimmy Whalen (maker of the awesome veggie pizza!) taking on first race winner Randy Biddle Jr:

Belinda Vasbinder taking on Lenny Davis:

Shelly Casini taking on Dave Poorman:

Ma Brewer and Rich Penn:

Amy Romeo and one of the Seszco crew:

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Slick Rick Baehr with the win over Randy Biddle Jr in the little race final:

Barry Barnett and Robbie Seszco in thumbs up racing action:

Bill Truby made it to the quarters, giving Scotty Campbell all he could handle:

The champ!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
And he didn't even shatter his windshield. Just messing with you Mike. Congrats

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
And he didn't even shatter his windshield. Just messing with you Mike. Congrats

Its cool Tony, atleast I didnt need a fire extinguisher to put mine out. Tongue

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post