DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed, I ain't buildin' no stinkin' Chebby! It's a 455!! Cool

I tried getting you pulling the wheels, Dave, but my shutter speed is too slow. Good to see the Maverick running so nice!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I ain't buildin' no stinkin' Chebby! It's a 455!!

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i saw this link on a jr forum.
this is amazing what a pontiac will go for with no motor or trans
63 pontiac ebay

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ok, Bob, Mr. Literal. Big Grin

I saw the Pontiac auction on ROP. Uneal. The guy almost threw away his lottery ticket... he would have crushed it had scrap been higher. I think the car is cool whether it's 1 of 6 or 1 of 600,000. Odds are it will end up on Barret Jackson after it's restored.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think it will be there too.
its over 85,000 now and looks like a POS
still like 5 hours to go in the auction.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
Don Snyder, out near North Lima, Ohio, found and restored the original Yankee Peddler Dodge that Bill Flynn raced back in the 60's. Don had Bob George re-do the original Hemi for it. Don sold it ( along with one of the original Ford Thunderbolts ) to a fellow near Sewickley, PA. That fellow in turn took it to the Mecum Auction 2 years ago, and it went for $775,000 ! As it sits right now, it's worth over 1 million. It's all about the provenance with old drag cars. Last year we went up to Dubois and toured Don Fezells collection of old drag cars and muscle cars. He has 4 1963 Z-11 Chevys and one is the Grumpy Jenkins/Dave Strickler car that also is worth over 1 million dollars.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
wow,
i would have never guessed that it would be worth that much, and honestly , i think the owner is overwhelmed by it too. im curious to see if it goes for over 100k with no motor or trans.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
Last year we went up to Dubois and toured Don Fezells collection of old drag cars and muscle cars. He has 4 1963 Z-11 Chevys and one is the Grumpy Jenkins/Dave Strickler car that also is worth over 1 million dollars.

You gotta go to Bruce Larson's 'Drag-Fest', just North of Harrisburg, off of Rt. 22
(it was yesterday, so ya gotta wait an entire year now):
he invites people to bring their old race-cars for display, along with all of his old cars & memorabilia.

Some people, like the owner of this Funny Car, unload them a few blocks from Larson's place and DRIVE them thru the residential neighborhood to the show.

Larson told me he'd never raced at Pittsburgh (Keystone ) Raceway Park, but he still makes exhibition runs with his older equipment.

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, Bob, Mr. Literal.

HAHAHA.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Blackdog, we were out at Bruce Larsons 3 years ago and it's well worth the drive to see his collection. Bruce is such a nice down-to-earth guy also. I thought I'd wait a few years before going back out. Tom Barhill is planning on taking out his re-creation of a Pittsburgh car, the Brougher and Reese T/F car next year.
The Don Snyder collection in New Springfield, OH is a good collection of old drag cars also. He has the first and last Ford Thunderbolts plus 5-6 other real Thunderbolts. Beswicks Tempest, a real swiss cheese '63 Pontiac, Bill Stiles '66 Plymouth, Ned Jarretts '64 NASCAR Ford, Al Jonicks Batcar, plus many more. The cars are in a huge building heated and air conditioned.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It looks like the Tempest on E-Bay went for over $226,000. Not surprising really. It'll be a million dollar car when it's all over with.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i wonder just how many will be starting to search the old barns for cars now.
i about fell over when i saw it go for $226,521.63

<trap>
posted
Well if anyone is looking to spend a little less money, I have a BBC 648 for sale. Probally never be a collectors item but it sounds pretty cool.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
We have a new black racing seat Sum-G1100, 31.95 and new black seat cover Sum-G1110 29.95 still in the bag for sale. If you buy it from Summit the shipping on the seat alone is $18.00. If anyone needs it, come to the shop, sell both for $50.00.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Christine, I'll take the seat and cover. I don't know when I will be in town again, but I will definately get them.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark, Check your PM please.

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Seat and seat cover are SOLD! Thanks Mark! I'll keep them here for you!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
A big salute to all of our veteran's, especially those in the PRP family. Remembering the Vasbinder's nephew, SFC Scott Smith.

I think of the Army members who took their oath on our stating line evey time I stage.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
well said Chuck

thanks, to all the veterans out there.

......many fine folks have "given all" for us.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I got to see Thunder TV over the weekend finally. Night of Fire is now on there as episode 3. Is there an episode 2? We didn't see it listed on the Comcast menu.