DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Christine, Markie, and family, I am deeply sorry for your loss. Mark was a great man, and the track, and the world won't be the same without him.

AJ, it's funny you mention "Trusty number 53," because that's one thing I always will remember about Mark. One of the first year's we had the SSS, Mark had an X number for about the first half of the season, and wasn't racing as well as he typically did. I can't remember, but I think he sent Christine to the tower, but he may have came himself.... she says, Mark doesn't want to run his X number anymore. He's switching back to his usual #, 53. He says it's bad luck!

Sure enough, Mark came back from a few spots out of bracket finals to climb easily onto the team, and into the top 10... I think he even won a couple of races in the remainder of the season. I thought he was a little crazy at first, but I guess 53 truly was his number.

RIP #53, you will be missed.

Josh

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark D.
posted Hide Post
condolances from the entire Donato Family. Mark was a true friend to all and he would do anything to help anyone. I am truly sorry to hear the news. God Speed mark.

Posts: 32 | Location: somewhere on the starting line | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Mark E. Brewer, 49, of Greensburg, passed away Friday, Nov. 27, 2009, in UPMC Shadyside, with his family and best friend by his side, as a special little angel came and took him to heaven. Born April 29, 1960, in Greensburg, he was a son of the late Robert E. Sr. and Catherine Cecelia (Menchio) Brewer. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother, Robert E. Brewer Jr. Mark is survived by his best buddy and loving wife of 24 years, Christine (Yusko) Brewer; four sons, Jerry Moyer, of Madison, Joey Devola and Sonya DeRienzo, of Ruffsdale, Luke Brewer, of Greensburg, and Markie Brewer, at home; a brother, Joseph Brewer and wife, Christine, of Shelocta; a sister-in-law, Suzanne Brewer, of Ligonier; best friend, Dave Dominick, of Pittsburgh; and several nieces and nephews. Mark was the heart and soul for 22 years of "THE MOTORWORKS" in Greensburg. His passion was building and listening to his motors tell a story and drag racing at Keystone Raceway, now re-named Pittsburgh Raceway Park. Mark enjoyed helping his fellow racers, who remain his extended family forever. Mark was called to heaven to build God a small block Ford race motor and to help a certain little angel, Nikki, with her pink junior dragster. Family and friends will be received from 1 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday in the JAY A. HOFFER FUNERAL HOME, Norvelt. His funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday in the funeral home with the Rev. John Nosal officiating. Interment to follow in Greensburg Catholic Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Mark's memory to Family House Shadyside, 5245 Center Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15232, or www.beatsarcoma.com.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The '66:

The '69 and Mark:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
These pics from Joan are great:

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
from Christine:

Chuck,
This is the Cobra kit car Mark built by himself. It took him 14 years and it was down at Daves for him to do some of the finishing touches. He built the 428. He took his brother last Sunday for a ride. It was the last time he drove it. Watson, Dave's dog is sitting in it. He wanted to go for a ride!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

..... although it's been 23 years since I bought what was (then) a seldom-seen practice tree, I can look at this picture and still hear his voice saying

"..... you paid HOW-MUCH for something that isn't going to make the car go quicker?????"
Eyes

I will miss him very much
Frown

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Some scanned pics from Dave Dominick:

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From Dave Domick, in his own words:

this was a picture i took before i sold that car, i always wanted to get someone to remove the back round and make it in to a tribute to Mark for all the accomplishments we had with that car, i loved to make him proud of me it was the only way i knew i could try to repay him for all that he had done for me. Mark not only helped me in racing but also in life he was a inspiration to me and the greatest friend i ever had.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Cool story Josh. I think everyone that knew Mark has a good story to tell about him.
RIP

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NoRespect Racing
posted Hide Post
I used to see Mark and Christine, in the staging lanes and he always had something nice to say, So Sad and Sorry to hear about the news. He was always first class in my book.. We will all Miss him..

Shelby Ruby Megan

Posts: 13 | Location: United States | Registered: November 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Condolences to the Brewer family. Prayers. Mark is a True Inspiration

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My condolences and prayers to the entire Brewer family. I still can't believe Mark has passed, as I sit here and type this. He was truly a stand up guy. I got a chance to sit and talk with him, one on one, by ourselves at QC this pass summer. There was a stoppage in the program, it was hot out, and we sat in his trailer and talked about racing and tuning, etc. He was more approachable than I thought and very willing to share his knowledge. He will be missed. And, as previously stated, if there is anything I can do, please don't hesitiate to ask. God speed Mark!

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
crying Praying hug
A fitting tribute:

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Awwww.... very fitting..... Frown

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Very thoughtful, and a great tribute..

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
upon driving up to the funeral home, I warm smile was brought to my face just seeing Mark's car on the trailer surrounded by Fords! Looked like the Ford God's were guarding the funeral Home! Very appropriate
quote:
crying Praying hug
A fitting tribute:

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob Deniker in the classic jacket:

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bob Deniker in the classic jacket:

I can't say for-sure, but I believe we drew-up that basic design on a place-mat, one evening after the races, probably at Eat-N-Park:
Ma Brewer can probably confirm or deny that

I'll be wearing my Bright Yellow 'MOTORWORKS' T-shirt, with the blown '68 on the back, Thursday

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Every day, on my way to work, I pass World Class Transmissions on Rt. 66. This morning, when I drove by, I noticed that on their sign they have "In Memory of Mark Brewer."

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post