DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The tree race is organized like in an eliminator format. Everyone that enters writes their name on a card and we randomly draw from a hat. First out is the bye. Then we draw two more cards. First card lane choice. In the first round of competition there are 3 practice hits. Then best of 3 elimination. 2nd round to semis no practice hits best of 3. In the finals no practice hits best of 5.

You are able to adjust rollout on the practice tree during your practice hits. Once the best of eliminator starts you cannot adjust.

The rollout is handled by setting the rollout in the tree to .0000 and using the delay box settings to add the roll. For instance if you want you rollout to be 320 you would enter 0.320 into the delay settings.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Kim, AJ pretty much nailed it the rules. In addition, our awesome sponsors provide us with great stuff to give away as door prizes and in the Chinese raffle. Click the link for the full set of rules and giveaways from last year. I believe in the big race, the final round paid $600+/$300+ winner and runner up. Nice payout for a $20 entry!

Last year's link

And here is a link to pics from the event:

2009 Steel City Practice Tree Shootout pics

This year we're already working on making things even bigger and better. It's a great time!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks AJ and Chuck. Cool

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
PRP still has a lot of racing left this year though. Talking to Greg last night, he's going to open up on Saturdays in November as long as the weather cooperates. And there will be an index race on November 21 I believe, with the index up in the 20 second range.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Chuck, just checking on Sat. -31 ,, if a rain out will they combine the biker bash on Sunday?

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave, no, if Oct 31 should rain out, it will not be made up Nov 1. Nov 1 will be bikes only, no cars.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I think your new title should be "PRP DRR Board Liason." Doesn't that sound fancy and important?! Smile

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
This is how I pay for my pit spot and thank Bob Jones for his support. Big Grin

I do the same on ROP, YB, SCS. I just wanna race, and hope that everyone has as much of a blast doing it as I do.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck: do you know if this (index) race allows electronic devices to be used as down track timers???? as in cell phones, stop watches etc....
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
PRP still has a lot of racing left this year though. Talking to Greg last night, he's going to open up on Saturdays in November as long as the weather cooperates. And there will be an index race on November 21 I believe, with the index up in the 20 second range.

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm selling the following if anyone is interested. You can send me a PM. I have pics I can send via email. Thanks!

Valve Covers, Stock Height, Cast Aluminum, Black Wrinkle, Ribbed with Ford Racing Logo. Brand new, never bolted on an engine. Part number M-6582-A341. Fits 302, 351M, 351C, and 400 engines. No grommets or breathers included. Summit sells these for $105. I'll take $60

Valve Covers, Stock Height, Steel, Chrome, Ford Racing Logo, Ford, Cleveland, Modified. Brand new, never mounted on any engine. Part number M-6582-C351. Fits 302, 351M, 351C and 400 engines. No grommets or breathers. Summit sells for $55. I'll take $40

Valve Covers, Stock Height, Steel, Chrome, Ford Racing Logo, Ford, Big Block. Brand new never mounted on any engines. Part number M-6582-A429. Fits 460 and 429 big block Fords. No grommets or breathers included. Summit sells these covers for $55. I'll take $40

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Joe S! How you doin'? I don't know yet, but I'm hoping so... also hoping that passengers are allowed.... I think it would be fun to stuff a car and have people yelling "dump!" "no take it!" etc. Big Grin

JoeyB... Ford stuff?? Confused

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I have a bunch of Ford parts I'd like to dump. Mostly small parts. I'll be listing more.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Always known you in the 'Bu, caught me by surprise to see the Ford parts... unless that's what powers the 'Bu. Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Beth Romeo! You're having a good week! Smile

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Beth!!

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!!!!!!!!

whats up whats up....you wanna party

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Happy Birthday Beth-- Dean & Linda

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
HEY Chuck T-- You seem to be "THE MAN" to get a hold of to see what is going on-- A couple questions-- What happened to the PRP website-- is anyone taking care of it. It seems that there hasn't been anything updated except the weekly schedule. I was trying to use some of the formats, ie, racers bio, and the classifieds, and nothing seems to work. I tried to initiate the format, and nothing happens. Frankly, I'm getting a little disgusted with the website, as there haven't been any racetrack photos of the cars, or a way to get to look at any photos from this year-- What the hell is going on, and is there anybody going to address this !!! I sent an email to Greg, but I know he has a full plate now, so who do I bytch to for some answers, or is this the way it's going to be ?? Any input would be greatly appreciated-- Thanks-- Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dean,

I have been doing the simple updates with the weekly schedule, the posts about upcoming events, etc. However, I am by no means a website expert.

A lot of the problems you mentioned are currently being looked at. Greg and I are both aware of the problems, and doing our best to have them handled by Victor, who designed our website and does all of the "coding" and fancy stuff that Greg or I could never hope to understand, lol.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to have the site going much smoother in the near future.

The photos I have been messing with, but there seems to be some sort of problem with the online photo album only taking a few of the many I attempted to post, so Victor is looking into that as well.

Victor is working on the racers bio section, which should be really cool once he has the chance to fix it.

The classifieds will actually be a link to www.racingjunk.com as they handle our classifieds for us.

I hope this answer's your questions, and hopefully we will be able to fix these problems soon, as I am sure you are not the only one who is frustrated with the site the way it currently is.

If there is anything we can do with the site to help you as a racer, or a sponsor, please feel free to PM me here, or email me at josh@pittsburghracewaypark.com

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dean not to sound like a smart a z z but if you wait till next year you will see the results and pics from this year!!! I mean on the opening page all this past year we had who won the last gamblers race from 2008!!!!!!!!!!
I figured they are 1 year behind like i said, I mentioned to my buddy who won modify back in the middle of may and still has not seen the results or pics from that yet,I told him probally by next june or july they will have something posted by then!!

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post