DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I realize this has nothing to do with PRP, but it's a person in need. Denny Kochever, who is the starter at Thompson Raceway Park, had a bad fire at his house last week. Besides doing $70,000 worth of damage to the house, Denny and his wife lost their 5 pets. Jeff Labas, who runs a '55 Chevy in the Nostalgia races, is taking contributions for Denny and his wife. If you care to contribute, please send a check to Jeff at this address:

Jeff Labas
521 S. Main St.
Zelienople, PA 16063

Please make the check out to Denny Kochever and include a picture of your car so Denny will recognize it. I know a lot of you don't race there, but we raced there this past season for the first time and Denny and Jim Curtis treated us very well. Thank you for anything you can do.

Dan Roney

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andamo,

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I just want to thank all of you that have wished us well. It was a great time with the best group of friends and family anyone could ever wish for. We wish EVERYONE could have joined us (that room just isn't big enough...lol).

Thanks again everyone!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Figured the 3 loaded guys get front row in the pic and the broke guys get stuffed in the back,

Chuck, hows the head feeling lol

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C:
Figured the 3 loaded guys get front row in the pic and the broke guys get stuffed in the back,

LMAO I know what you mean Scotty. I guess they can afford the good seats.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Love the tie, Chuck! Big Grin

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C:

I'm broke, and broke, can't even get my junk back to my place, New Dragster Boy. And my head is fine, thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
LMAO I know what you mean Scotty. I guess they can afford the good seats.

What was that, New Truck Boy?

Thanks Kim... that's my wedding tie. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had to go to Turocy Bank of America to get the loan for that truck.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mark & Beth-- It was a beautiful wedding, and a SUPER reception. Best of luck, and well wishes for you both. Dean & Linda hug

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
I had to go to Turocy Bank of America to get the loan for that truck.

No bailout could help that bank.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
And Mr. O - you spend too much time on a certain YB thread... obviously.

And since I know which one it is, so do I... obviously.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Charles...
U R correct sir!
but I also have http://www.motivatedphotos.com/ on my favorites.
Will there be a practice tree race in Nov?
I have some parts I would like to deliver.

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The 3rd annual practice tree race is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 20, 2010. AJ, Mark, and I will be making annoucements soon with news and a confirmed date. We already have 2 confirmed sponsors, one of them brand new for us, that we're very excited about. Stay tuned!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mark & Beth ! !
Wishing the Both of you The Best !

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mark and Beth.Many years of happiness from the penn family.

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats mark and beth
so how long before we see a few more little romeos wondering around Tongue

chuck,
will there be ironmen there and like 3500 to win at the tree race, lol
also what about contingency bux, ill have decals stuck all over my butt for that one Rolling

sorry, just had to ask Laughing

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jeff, yaneverknow, there could be $3500 to win total between the 2 races, plus the great stuff our awesome sponsors put up! We're working on a trophy, but it won't be an Ironman. And even if we paid contingency, I don't think any of us would be checking either your decals or your product. Big Grin Laughing Rolling

I can just about guarantee everyone a really good time!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
Rolling
i was just yanking your chain chuck.
we were at the first 2 tree races and had a great time at both and will definitely be at the next one too.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Not a problem, Jeff. Big Grin

Actually, we already have 3 sponsors confirmed already. We're trying to make each year better than the one before, and thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, it's happening!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
does anyone have an idea when photos from the GGG race will be posted ?
i keep looking at prp 's website on the photo page of the media section, but nothing.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This may sound like a stupid question, but I've never been to or participated in a practice tree race event. Can somebody please explain it to me, like how it's setup, what's involved, etc? (And yes, I have used practice trees before, so I'm familiar with that, LoL! Smile)

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post