DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For more information on ELO or any other classical music please consult your local library!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Greg, given this weekend's forecast, AWESOME call to run Ghosts, Goblins, and Gearheads last weekend.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree Chuck. We would have been much worse off this weekend. There would not have even been a chance to run on Sunday for $5K. Good job Greg and the track crew for making last weekend successful.

Looking forward to all the new things 2010 will bring.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<trap>
posted
anyone see this

http://www.competitionplus.com/index...nges-to-format

I guess Ihra is turning into monster jam/ studio wrestling

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trap:
anyone see this

http://www.competitionplus.com/index...nges-to-format

I guess Ihra is turning into monster jam/ studio wrestling

can't get that linkie to work, Trap

is THIS what you saw?

http://competitionplus.com/ind...or-changes-to-format

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
here is the link for the article. Looks like a big joke for the pros now. I do like the fan things they talk about in the pits but the racing format is a joke.

http://www.ihra.com/article/5239.html

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
AJ, you are right, but in my mind Pro racing is a joke now. It has morphed from what I remember as a young man into a big dog and pony show, anyway, so if IHRA can use this quick format to draw fans, and leave actually more track time for the real racers (i.e. sportsman & bracket guys) it's just fine.

Truth be told, there simply is not enough Pro racers anymore to support two sanctioning bodies anyway. The numbers just aren't there. I really think it was probably the only realistic move to be made.

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
The inside scoop

http://www.dragracecentral.com...3&Filter=30#indextop

Obviously everything will stay exactly the same for the sportsman drivers. From the Summit Pro-Am and Summit SuperSeries, nothing will change. And essentially nothing will change at the Nitro Jam events except for having one less day. You are going to get your qualifying and your eliminations, just in one less day and without being interrupted by the traditional afternoon session.

The biggest issue we wanted to fix is the perception that sportsman are fillers. We are making a schedule to address that. We are not cutting sportsman classes or raising their fees. We are the friendliest sportsman racing organization and will continue to focus on those competitors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr. Obvious,

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Will this change the plans for the already once delayed NitroJam event for PDP?

Has there been anything 'official' come down from the track or IHRA since the May, 2008 announcement that the inaugural event was being moved from 2009 to 2010?

http://www.ihra.com/article/2599.html

In that article Mike Tedesco said "We will carryout our plan to begin construction after the close of the 2008 race season. The undertaking involves moving dirt, building a new tower, laying down nine acres of asphalt, adding new concrete barriers, and lengthening the track."

Obviously many of those items didn't occur last winter and I haven't read anything about off-season construction plans for this winter.

Any insight?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
2002 40' pace gooseneck trailer for sale, triple axle, great shapr, 6500w generator, air compressor, trailer is plumbed with air lines, fuel cell, ramp door with aluminum fold out ramps, 12v and 110 lighting, trailer is in great shape but has alot of vinyl decals on it, $12000 email jwkustomz@comcast.net

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
03 diamond 4link swing arm,23.5 wide,bbc,@prp 7.78 et at 173mph.with 96 26ft haulmark trailer,with a/c and 110 wired,heavy duty 5k axles,30k/18 roller with trans and headers.obo. I'm stupid

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob D.

Hold the donut or I may not fit in Lori's car. LOL. I plan on getting in shape over the winter so i can get past the 4th round. We had a good car but the driver was suspect. Glad we could help you out.

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
30k is with trailer!
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
03 diamond 4link swing arm,23.5 wide,bbc,@prp 7.78 et at 173mph.with 96 26ft haulmark trailer,with a/c and 110 wired,heavy duty 5k axles,30k/18 roller with trans and headers.obo. I'm stupid

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmm donuts....

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You all forgot about "Singing In The Rain". Add Metalica's "Master Of Puppets" to the song list and/or House Of Pain's "Jump Around".

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How about "Blame It On the Rain" by Milli Vanilli? LMAO! Laughing

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
I didn't forget, already posted "Singing in the Nasty cold rain"...

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So is everyone done for the season or are there plans to race after the Halloween Classic? I PRP is still going to run for a couple weeks with gamblers races if we get Mother Nature to cooperate.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
how about "DR FEELGOOD" Big Grin

get a good wiff of the nitrous, , trust me, you will feel "REAL" good
Eek

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
I may head out to Numidia for some of their races they have left. My brother lives about half hour from that track.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post