DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Friday and Saturdays regular classes were all rolled into Sunday making it $5000 to win. Greg and PRP did what they needed to do and I feel they made the best decisions they could given the circumstance.

Jake Meinert over Mike Fiori(sp?) in $5000 to win Box

Bruce Bowman over Matt Cadamore in $5000 to win No Box.

Congrats guys!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Jacob, Mike, Bruce and Matt! Well worth the wait to race on Sunday! Congrats to Kevin Romeo!

Thank you Greg Miller and the entire PRP staff!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that thought it might have been a good idea to actually run cars down the track on Saturday in between the 64 dragster class to, you know, actually get the race in? Am I the only one that thinks that?

BTW, I'm not buying that it would be unfair to the 64 dragster racers since they would be also running in the box/no box class. They wouldn't exactly be the first racers to run multiple classes on a given race day.

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I agree Michael, as do others.

That said, I still support the decisions that the track made, and I also feel in the end the best was made of the situation.

We had a positive weekend, and need to continue with positive support at PRP to get past a lot of negative that has been established in the past.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ok, then if you want to get over the negativity from the past then start running the track right, or at least better. Right? BTW, what was with the $30/$50 option $2000/$5000 to win for buy back on Sunday? Does the track really need such machinations to make money?

BTW, I don't have a dog in this fight. My car is down for the year and I was only watching/helping out over the weekend. Oh and congrats to Kevin on the dragster!

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to sunday`s winners! 5K in the pocket is SWEET!

I`d also like to thank Greg Miller for doing what he does best. He`s been beat up, put down, and trashed so many times by so many selfish people and he keeps coming back bigger and better. I can`t wait to see whats in store for next year!! I just don`t think he gets enough recognition for the crap that he puts up with.

Also, I`d like to thank all of the smaller sponsors who don't get enough recognition, like DEAN RACING ENGINES, JONES TRAILER SALES, MIKES AUTO, STARTING LINE RACING CAFE, MILLERSTOWN PICK-A-PART, BOB GEORGE RACING, and the list goes on and on. Over the winter i`d like to see maybe a appreciation dinner or something like that. We would definatly support it and attend. These people dig very deep in there pockets to make PRP a little better place.

Congrats to Kevin Romeo on all of his wins. Maybe you could talk Bob into traveling with Jason next year and give some of us a chance at the burg.

I just want to live while Im alive

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They were in a tough spot, to be sure. I am sure they made the best decision they could.

That being said, though, if I had towed up there on Saturday, and sat there in a trailer for eight or ten hours in the cold and dampness without doing anything but watching the dragsters race I probably would not be a happy camper. I am glad I didn't have to make the call. It's a tough spot for Greg to be in....a real no win situation. Greg does a good job, and I am sure the future of PRP is bright under his tutelage.

Either way, congrats to all the winners, I am particularly pleased to see Bruce pull out the win.

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
i also would like to say CONGRATS to all of the winners this weekend. i know watching from the stands there was some tough racing during Saturday's race and the racing that took place Sunday for the $$$$.

we decided to pack and leave around 4pm, so we can get an early start on fixing our car for next season.

who won the STREET Class MOTOR, sponsored by DEAN RACING ENGINES???

See everyone Next Season if not earlier..

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Art Armstrong on his DEAN RACING ENGINE win

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Its all good until someone hits the fence because of the dew setting in. We went back to prepare for first round and the dew was actually running down the sides of the cars.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Joe Jr.
posted Hide Post
thanks for answering my post HUYA, also thanks for the tow again this year!!! GGG isn't my weekend for racing last season MSD Ignition failure, this year TRANNY plus who knows what else(driveshaft, possibly converter). sorry your first towing device couldn't move my 3700lb sled, just glad you accept AAA.

thanks again!!

1978 Chevy Camaro, SBC Powered - 4X06 and PX 21

Posts: 27 | Location: Portage, Pa | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I came out on Saturday to watch and have some fun, and I did. Congrats to all of the winners!

When Mother Nature doesn't cooperate, there are times when tough decisions have to be made. People complain when the race gets cancelled and people complain when PRP gets racing in but modifications need to be made to the schedule. You'll never please all the people all the time, but I'm sure that decisions are being made with the best of intentions.

I say thanks to Greg Miller and the PRP crew for getting the track open and ready on Saturday. If it had been rained out, I would have been stuck at home cleaning all day... and anybody who knows me knows I'd rather be at the race track any day of the week! Big Grin

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
People complain when they get racing in? Really?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Yes, really...you are complaining and the racing was completed...those of us that RACED are fine with the outcome...isn't that strange.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The race was completed on Saturday?

And don't you think it is a little bit presumptuous to be talking for everyone that ran over the weekend, Mark?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Those that left missed out on racing...I am not going to continue to argue with you as this is what you do argue on the internet just to stir the pot.

I am sorry I spoke for all...I am happy with the outcome as well as ALL of those that I SPOKE too were fine with the OUTCOME.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was also fine with the outcome. Was it great for everyone I am sure it wasn't. However given the situation that we were given I feel it was the best call that could be made.

I am speaking for myself and no one else. There will always be differing opinions on what calls should have been made. Lets just cross our fingers for sunshine and blue sky next time and we wont have to worry about it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Let's just cross our fingers for sunshine and blue sky next time and we wont have to worry about it.

AMEN!

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
im defiantly ok with the outcomeSmile

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Well, here goes. I AM speaking for everybody except for Mike. We had a good time and realize that the weather put the track in a bad spot. We are fine with the calls that were made.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post