DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
The call to postpone the race for sat was fine, I think that that call should have been made earlier though.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tony, you aren't talking for everyone because I know of four other racers (who shall remain nameless) that I know of or that I was with/helping this weekend that were pissed, actually livid is more accurate!

I wasn't that upset since I wasn't racing, in any event.

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
PRP does not have a "race til you wreck policy". With the car count of Saturday, we would have been going to the late hours of the morning. I would bet money that the settling dew would have been a major factor. The people you are speaking of are always comparing PRP to other tracks and as far as I am concerned there is "no comparison" of those tracks to ours. In my opinion PRP could afford to lose a few complaining racers to other tracks who only have 12 or 15 cars per class. I'm sure they will greet you with open arms. Emough said about this subject and you know who I am.

I just want to live while Im alive

Posts: 44 | Location: in your closet | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Nope Mike, you're wrong. I talked to everyone and you're the only one that's upset.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
whatre you tryin to do mike? i believe that it was a vote by the racers to either race sat night or tach the money onto sundays race and dam near everyone voted to race sunday. for someone that didn't even race this weekend...your sure do open your mouth bout the situation. you cant please everyone so just deal with it and drop it

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
crying crying cryingi would have raced and wanted to saturday night!! crying crying crying

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm fine, I just feel bad for everyone I was with. I agree that since the dew got heavy that it was probably best to call it. Not arguing that. BTW, what was the other option in the vote? I wasn't at the meeting.

All I am saying is that when the program is idle for 20 minutes or so, waiting for one class to cool down and there is nothing wrong with the surface that wouldn't it be fun to run another class??? maybe???

Posts: 90 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Mike, I'm just messing with you. But realisticly, if they had run some cars in between the dragster rounds, do you honestly think that they would have completed the race? No. They never would have even gotten to the first round. Like I said earlier, I think they should have tried to make that decision earlier so that the guys that weren't staying could have gone home. That hour and a half of down time meant nothing in the bigger scheme of things.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
911, you'd race if it was snowing out. You're a tard.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Maybe this has nothing to do with what happened this weekend, but it seems that when time is an issue, races are shortened to 1/8 mile. Does this really speed up the event? If anyone watch any of the Million Dollar Race you would see the next set of cars doing their burnout as the cars going down the track were somewhere around the 330' mark.

Posts: 84 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Personally, I don't think it makes it go any faster. The tempo of the race is controled in the water box. At PRP the cars are told to start their burnouts as soon as the cars leave the line. That's where the time is taken up. They go to 1/8 not so much for time but for safety issues.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
tony...pm

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to give a big congratulations to all the winners this past weekend!!

I also thought it was awesome for the street guys to let Chuck use someone elses car for the runoff when his car broke. That was great sportsmanship!

Also thanks goes out to Chuck for letting Andrew use the "Turocy Taxi" for the TCR class. We had a ball.

It was far from a perfect racing weekend due to the weather, but we had alot of fun. Great job, Greg and the entire PRP staff as you did the best with what you were dealt with!

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I want send out a big congratulations to my brother-in-law Jake Meinert for his 5k win at GGG!!! Great job bro, I'm proud of you!

Congrats to all other winners! Also, congrats to Kevin Romeo for winning the track championship and the dragster!

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats on the track championship kevin.
great job this season

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Jeff, what did the Camaro end up running?

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Back at you, Matt

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just want to thank everyone for congratulating us on winning the dragster. Bob gave me the best car a racer could ever ask for, I am proud to say that we won that car as a team and it was by far my biggest win I have ever had in my career. The track champtionship is a bonus to me and is a great way to wrap up the season and look forward to next year. Thank you PRP for putting on a great race this weekend despite all of the rain that we had to fight through. Greg Miller you are doing a great job and I see positive changes being made already and it is only the start. Thank you PRP for another great racing season.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
mark,
i got one shake down pass and that was it.
it was the first time ever using a transbrake and when it hit, it was like a ton of bricks and my first instinct was to lift. lol
so after the hit , i pedaled it just to get a feel on how the car handled and only crossed the top end at 75 mph. and most of that pass was only at like 4100 rpms.
i only had the trailer till noon on sunday so i couldnt stay for the race sunday.

it was the first time in a fast car in 14 years and first time ever with a delay box and trans brake. so when beaver opens in the spring, ill be there the first test weekend and make some passes getting use to the hit and the car, then i will be at prp opening day to get the car certified and more testing.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Didn't it come with a trailer. Just wondering?

Thats good that you at least got to try it. I left off the first time I ever used a trans brake too, must be instinct. After that I got the hang of it now it isn't a big deal.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post