DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Good job Bubba and AJ. Was Bubba using a box?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nope Bubba is a No-Boxer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify quickly, it wasn't a Box/No Box race that we are all so used to. We have a new format for these Wednesday night races (that we wish were on Friday's). It is a fast class and slow class 10.99 and faster and 11.00 and slower are the two class breaks. I think it has shown great promise as the car counts have been very good ESPECIALLY for a Wednesday evening. Oh and by the way, it has been referred to as Gamblers race, it is not actually by defintion a gamblers race, this is a GUARANTEED purse race. $35 to enter $600 to win guaranteed money back to 1/4 finals I believe.

MR-Sorry for the rant...this race just has so much potential and I have heard a lot of confusion surrounding it, just like to clarify things when I can.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
On Fridays.
With a reentry round, with both classes called to the lanes, so there is cool down for the reentry winners before round 2 is called.

CT <--- 2 cents

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Congratulations to Andrew Valentino for winning the 13-17 year old points! I didn't realize that Sept 5 is not a points day for the juniors, or I would have congratulated him in the newsletter.

Thats ok, Chuck, you didn't know. We feel really fortunate to win it with how fierce the competition is. I am also glad that PRP gives us a great JR program every week and an awesome track to run on. My hats off to the owners and staff.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Have to give another big congrats to my dad "The Freight Train" Frank Romeo on his R/U AGAIN at Quaker tonight. He went red again same exact red that he had 2 weeks ago in the final at Quaker...Good Job!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Congrats:
just proves once again
"It's hard to stop a train"
Obviously ....

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
franks the man!!!why dont you ever go over to qcr mark?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Good question Bill....I haven't been over in 2-3 years. Most of the time when we get a weekend off I have plenty of things to do other then racing. Thats the main reason, when I was younger (LOL) I had more free time...plus I lived with my parents and had much less "real life" responsibility...is that good enough? LOL. I would like to make it back to Quaker one of these days though.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
good job frank the tank

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good job Frank....

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Way to go Frank!
Some good looking weather forecast so far... I just want it to be dry, anything better than that is a bonus. And if the weather stays nice, it will make the N20 show even better. It will be an exciting day Saturday, championships to be decided in Street, Mod, and Top. Congrats to Shawn Booher for the Trophy championship, and to Jesse Bone for the Motorcycle championship.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
PRP BIG CHANGES ??
what is going on? New web-site, people are gone (I'll miss Pam) Uncle Frank is ???.
New people or in some cases former people are back.
Is this another "Cash for Clunkers Deal" ??
I'M Confused Obviously...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Chooo-chooo woooowhoooo! Way to go Frank! Congratulations!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Obvious:
PRP BIG CHANGES ??
what is going on? New web-site

(At least for the website) they are using a "blast from the past" with the old track name...

Take a peek at http://www.KeystoneRacewayPark.com/

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
awesome.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
PRP Press Release

Aug 31 2009

Pittsburgh Raceway Park has had several management changes within the operation.

Therefore, effective immediately, we have made the following changes in the chain of command:

Bob Tedesco is the Director of Operations reporting to the undersigned will oversee all aspects of Pittsburgh Raceway Park which includes the Drag Racing and Motor Cross tracks and also all future expansions. Bob brings years of management and experience from the BMX Motor Cross Venue to=2 0PRP. Along with being a stout racer mixing it up with the likes of Ronnie Sox’ and Grumpy Jenkins and many others from years past.

Greg Miller reporting to Bob Tedesco, will be the new Track Manager for all Drag Racing venues. Greg will be leading the drag racing staff with a strong emphasi s on customer service along with creating an exciting fun time to the Racers and Fans who attend PRP events. Greg will also be handling the marketing responsibilities and opportunities for Pittsburgh Raceway Park. With Greg’s vast experience of drag racing and customer service relations along with marketing expertise makes him a great addition to the PRP team. Greg is replacing Frank Tedesco who is moving on to another venue. We want to thank Frank for his years of service and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Josh Wirt, has been promoted to work within the Marketing and Sales department reporting to Greg Miller. Josh can be found at most race events in the Tower or in the Main office during the week.

Kelsey Cosalter reporting to Bob Tedesco is the Office Administrator. In this role Kelsey will be handling all areas20of administration from the office duties to race event functions. Kelsey will be providing administrative support for both the Drag Racing and Motor Cross events.

In addition to the management changes above, the current website is being redesigned and will be online shortly. Also the New Motor Cross track is up and running and has its own website as part of the main www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

Please provide your support and cooperation to these changes as we look to an exciting time ahead for Pittsburgh Raceway Park.

Best Regards,

Mike Tedesco

Owner

Pittsburgh Raceway Park

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Okay! Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
==========
Greg Miller reporting to Bob Tedesco, will be the new Track Manager for all Drag Racing venues.
==========

Venues?

Plural?

Is there some sort of additional drag racing venue coming to the PRP family?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Tedesco:
PRP Press Release

Aug 31 2009

We want to thank Frank for his years of service and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

after leaving the old Keystone Raceway Park in 1991, I returned to the new Pittsburgh Raceway Park in '02 with my (now) fiancee one Saturday evening, just to look-around and admire the many improvements in the physical-plant:
as we sat in the grandstands, a man in a Track Official shirt, whom I'd never seen before, walked-up, sat down, and introduced himself as 'Frank'.

When I told him how impressed I was with the facility, he simply said "I know who you are, I know why you left, and we'd like to see you you come-back and participate here at PRP" before returning to his duties, and every time we went back to watch a Saturday night of racing, 'Frank' always found us asking if we were enjoying ourselves.

Although I only raced a few times before being liberated from Pennsylvania, we always thought 'Frank' was a good-guy.

Marian & Glen

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post