DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mr. Obvious, PRP did away with the tail light rule a few years ago, since the lighting is excellent, and eagle eye Bob Beck is at top end watching for any problems.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, what rule applies first, the tracks or the organizations ? In the IHRA rule book it says a working tail light is required.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
I would have to say just to be safe you should just have one available or there. It says in order to compete in the Summit Team Finals it is mandatory so I would say it is worth it just to run one. If you are not worried about racing in the Team Finals, IHRA Championship Series (hot rod, top dragster, etc) or racing at another track then it shouldn't matter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JordanPR22,

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I would say it's up to the tracks to enforce the rule. PRP did enforce it for the first season we switched to IHRA, maybe even the second. I remember it well, as there were racers who were disqualified for not having a light on. Sometime after that, maybe the start of the '03 or '04 season, PRP announced that the light would not be required. As Jordan said, it is required at the Team Finals, and it was well announced. Other tracks seem to do well at reminding racers of the rule as well. At Norwalk, for both the No Box Bonanza and the Halloween Classic, they reminded us often, if the track lights are on, the taillight had to be on.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck and Jordan, thanks for the info. I do remember some folks being disqualified for not having lights at some of the races.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Mr. Obvious, PRP did away with the tail light rule a few years ago, since the lighting is excellent, and eagle eye Bob Beck is at top end watching for any problems.

I'd argue that Chuck. I have lost a car or two in the shutdown area when they were in front of me and had no tail lights.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't remember if it was this year or last year, but somebody had to borrow a Jr dragster light to use for a tail light. Jeffrey knows as it was his light they borrowed.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
HOWS NIKKI?????????????????

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
yep
that was at the gamblers race at the bracket finals this past year.frank romeo s light went out and the guys he was racing complained about it. so i opened the trailer and pulled the light off the back of ryans jr and they taped it to the back of the car.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Yeah that was us. Dad's tailight had a short in the power wire, and since we don't have a tailight rule we never got around to fixing it. Then they pitched the big fit so the Hanns were kind enough to let us tape thier jr. tailight to the back of the car. It worked perfect.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Monte! I thought I might have to give it away if it was still any good before it expired.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
FOR SALE: BARRY GRANT DEMON 975 CFM ALKY CARB! $750 BRAND NEW IN BOX!

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Mr. Prest, I have been updating Nikki's progress under Bob's message board. Nikki is holding her own. She fighting like a true soldier! Just got to keep praying to get her through!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, is that your new love?? Lucky man!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck, is that one of the Force girls?

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I believe that is Courtney! Right Chuck??

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Well as long as he keeps it in the family. I know he must have been heartbroken when Ashley tied the knot.

I can see it now, ChuckT Sponsored by John Force Racing.

My only question is would you change your last name to Force Chuck?

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dang, I held out big hope for the boy too ! The way he's been cutting down the tree and going rounds and winning too, I thought it was a dynasty in the making. Now, he won't be worth a pint of rabbit urine thinking about her. If anyone wants to go duck hunting, make sure Chuck is in the other lane.

Everything meant as fun Mr. T, good luck to you.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's Courtney. I'm no homewrecker, so I didn't want to flash the skillz at Ashley.

And I already think of myself as a force, but I don't know if I could be a Force. Depends on what I get to drive. Big Grin

Wow, Dan shooting and scoring big time!
Laughing Laughing