DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if there are any track rentals scheduled for PRP in the coming weeks? If so, could you post or email me? Need to get some track time, 1/8 mile testing would be enough.

Would also be interested in Norwalk or Columbus for a full day test session.

Thanks,
Chris
comp1892@msn.com

Posts: 8 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
Chris:
Why not Norwalk? This Friday nite. Outlaw dragster. We use these races as a test n tune for us. Obviously ...

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Track rental is nice, with a dozen or so cars you can pretty much make a pass whenever you are ready without waiting in line. We rented PRP a couple years back on a wednesday and it worked out well. For now I would rather not hold up anyone's regular program, or be held up by a regular program. We only need to make 330-660' passes to sort out the launch and initial gear changes. Once that comes around, maybe we will try Norwalk or ?

Any idea how quick the outlaw dragster class is? Is it all run or a qualified field?

Chris

Posts: 8 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chris, it's a 8 car qualified field and the one I went to last September had the first all 3 second field. Most of them are T/AD and T/D type of cars. I think there were 23 cars trying to get in. It's heads-up Pro Tree racing.

Dan

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
I was at your track rental when You had it. Look on the norwalk site at the rules on the door wars race. You will get at least 2 shots.
I know that's not 2 comforting. Obviously...

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the B Day greetings.

Kim, Pay back will be swift and ?

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Bob. Let us know how the senior citizens discount goes at Valley Dairy.....

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Thriller
posted Hide Post
Is anyone going to Norwalk for the nationals?

Posts: 16 | Location: Tarentum,PA. | Registered: March 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
A bunch of us will be out Friday for qualifying, and then home for racing on Saturday.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to huffin' a little nitro! I'll suffer through stupid comp (8.90 dragsters - woooooo!), but am really looking forward to Pro Mods!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Three words for all of you:

PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE!!!!!

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. O, thanks for taking part in the test session. Which car did you have there? I don't remember having much time to look around or talk.

3 seconds in the 1/8th is about 5 tenths too quick for us. Might have to move up to B/D or A/D to run that quick.

Chris

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
I was with Mark Morgan 2 yrs ago at that test session.
As far as Norwalk goes, We are 2 tenths slower than the PM guys but it gives us a great track for the $ to test on.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanPR22:
Three words for all of you:

PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE!!!!!

Maybe if they took off their training wheels Smile Car

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
when does prp update their points?? Wave

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good luck to everyone at the Chrysler Classic this weekend! I thought about running my tow vehicle, but I already smoked one engine Smile

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Josh usually updates them during the following TNT which would be tonight. That is if Josh is working tonight.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
With the 2 race days last weekend, I know Josh was double checking the points. If the car number entered into the computer doesn't match up exactly with how someone signed up with their points number, the racer won't get credit for a round win.

Which is a good segue to remind everyone to please neatly have your points number on your car, and that includes if you is "PR" as part of your number, and to make sure the number is correct on your timeslip when you get it. If it's wrong on there, it will be wrong when the points update.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Looks like the weather is going to work out for this weekend. Going to QC tonight with the Trans-am. Time to blow the cobwebs out of the old girl!! Have to play in the band tommorow night (racing funds)so no racing for me .....I can almost hear you guys cheering from New Castle!! Rolling
Just found out even if I made the bracket finals I cant go. Have to work Friday, Sat, Sunday.....that sucks.

Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Lou, you better schedule a workout too, for your back and neck muscles, since they have to support that swelling melon atop your shoulders! Big Grin Laughing

It's all Mopar this weekend, so you can only play here if you follow the pentagram/pentastar, whatever.

That does suck about the brackets. The way you're driving, I think you would be a solid contender to be on the team. Just don't let that go to your head.