DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Bill I really was thinking about it, and actually I still can make it, cars ready just got to hook up, one big thing is tryin to find alcohol or if they have it there, I was goin to make one of those 5 days but had the dates wrong and to short of notice to get off of work, and trust me I would love to win one of those races. If I find some details out might head down tomorrow to run sat. and sun. thinkin its about 5 hrs. You and your pops goin?

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
no. we are both staying home Confused looks like rain just about everywhere saturday and sunday.5 hrs you must be thinking about farmington nc,bowlinggreen is about 8 hrs for me.its tearing me up staying home.but i had my fair share of sitting in the rain this year.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Sonya's Mom, Jo Lynn was taken back to the ER at UPMC today. She was admitted to the hospital for tests and bloodwork for the tumors on her brain or if she has some kind of an infecton which is causing severe pain and confusion. She did not have a good week. Please say an extra prayer for Jo Lynn and the DeRienzo family. Thanks guys!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
sorry about jolynn,but on a better note our own steve hughs won at farmington nc 5k race tonight..good job steve

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that about Jo Lynn. Thoughts and prayers for her and the family.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Jo Lynn.

Update on Don Ickes?

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Christine, do u know what hospital she is in?

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
UPMC Presby Room 8D55. Waiting to her how she is this morning. We were supposed to go and get tatoos together today. It's on Jo's list. She did get her nosed pierced though, and she didn't wait for me! LOL Gotta make her laugh, it's good for the soul! Jo's kids said I was a bad influence on her, imagine that! LOL

Congratulations to Steve Hughes!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
UPMC Presby Room 8D55. Waiting to her how she is this morning. We were supposed to go and get tatoos together today. It's on Jo's list. She did get her nosed pierced though, and she didn't wait for me! LOL Gotta make her laugh, it's good for the soul! Jo's kids said I was a bad influence on her, imagine that! LOL

Congratulations to Steve Hughes!

I work at Presby! I will have to stop by. Let me know if you or Joey/Sonya are making the trip down and I will have to come visit.

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone once again.

My Mom is not good. She has a lot of brain tumors, she is not getting the rest she needs either. The past week was bad, very weak and shaky. She has constant trouble with her right arm and lately with her leg. Her speech slurs off and on.

The doctors sent her home increasing her steroids and giving her stronger medication as she has constant headaches and the tylenol they told her to take was not taking them away.

We will just have to wait and see. She is frustrated with herself, not being able to do things for herself and yells at us.

It is what it is. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Nick, what do you do at Presby? My sister works their as an aide on the 7th floor.

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Sonya, I will be sure to get your mom on the prayer list at church this week. She has been in our prayers.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weascasp:
Thank you everyone once again.

My Mom is not good. She has a lot of brain tumors, she is not getting the rest she needs either. The past week was bad, very weak and shaky. She has constant trouble with her right arm and lately with her leg. Her speech slurs off and on.

The doctors sent her home increasing her steroids and giving her stronger medication as she has constant headaches and the tylenol they told her to take was not taking them away.

We will just have to wait and see. She is frustrated with herself, not being able to do things for herself and yells at us.

It is what it is. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Nick, what do you do at Presby? My sister works their as an aide on the 7th floor.

I work in central supply..we handle all the equipment/stock for the hospital..like the IV pumps and the morphene pumps, etc.

I stopped by room 55 but it was a man in there so I figured they sent her home. Best wishes to you and your family.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you all again. The prayers are much needed. She is just frustrated with herself and wants to continue to do for herself. Her and I had a talk last night about letting us help her. We will see where that gets me.

Nick, on Saturday, they moved her room, that's why she wasn't in there. Thanks for stopping by though.

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine what she's going through. I hope for the best for her.

Dave, Don is doing pretty good, back home and getting better.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We will continue to pray for Jo Lynn. She has been in our prayers since we 1st heard about this. We pray that she is healed and the family is given strength during this difficult time.

Andy Valentino & Family

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Stuckey, Donald is doing good and headed to Fla. with Carmen this weekend to watch some racing.

Sonya, my heart goes out to you. I have been there sort of with different diseases my parents had and it is a very trying time for all of your family. May God bless all of you and hope for a recovery of some kind soon.

Andy Valentino. As I was telling you, a few of us got into RC racing this winter at the track ( having fun ). I was going through some of my slot car junk and I was seriously embarrassed by what I have laying around. I must have been big into building the ultimate motors because if I don't have 150 armatures and assorted motor parts, I have none. The parts and equipment is sickening. What could you use?

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Frank, anything motor related, I couls use for sure. I still want to check out the RC car racing. What cars did you say you were using? Give me a call when you get a chance and maybe I can get some of the slot stuff off of you. Take care, [my shorter than me] friend.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We're running those Radio Shack X Mod cars.

Motor related ? I have more parts than any supplier has in stock.

cans, end bells, magnets, springs, armatures, if it's in the motor, I have it. Group 16 motors group 24, 16, 12's group 7 motors, all complete.
Trust me when I said it was embarrasing.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Frank - Any chance we'll see a "Pinks all out" come our way for 2009?

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you again everyone. I appreciate your support through all of this. I am glad to have met all of you as when it comes to times like these you all pull together and support and are there for each other.

Each day is a challenge with my Mom. You never know what kind of mood she will be in or how her arm and legs will work. Today I had to leave work early as my sister could not get her off the floor, we ended up calling my Dad over to help. I have been putting lights on the tree for her and trying to finish her bedroom here so she can enjoy it because before long she will not be able to walk the steps.

I take each day one at a time and just smile through it all being thankful that I have another day with her.