DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I'm not allowed to race in the Gambler's since I don't have slicks. Frown

Chuck - Aren't you running ET street radials? Either way it shouldn't be an issue.....

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
ET street are 1/2 slicks, run the car Chuck, I got your back!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck you better watch out! She will only have your back if she's not drinking again.

Joe, you should take me to dinner instead of racing Wednesday. I did cook for you this weekend.

Big weekend at the track...I smell brownies being made!

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Now, now I only had 2! And speaking of brownies, I owe dinner to that Verdoni guy!LOL

I thought you were racing Wednesday night???

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
myself, im kinda hoping that smokey bones comes back to sell ribs again, there were pretty good.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got a work meeting weds night. Hope to make it. Chuck, just run it, I got ur back also.

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just in: Time trials start on Saturday & Sunday @ 12 noon both days.

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow. We may get finished up and still have some day light. That would be cool.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that slicks were required. I could be wrong. Though I personally think drag radials, DOT legal race tires, "cheater slicks", should be allowed. Big difference between them and a regular radial on a slower street car.

Brownies?? Did I hear brownies?? You may even elicit a post from Barry now! Big Grin

Man, I'm losing an hour of sleep!!! Guess I'll just make it up on the tree, like I did against The Man in Black. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
If you guys are talking about the gamblers race that Mike's A/B sponsors, I'm pretty sure that it's slick cars only. I don't know why it was done that way for sure(I think that's the way Mike Fiore wanted it to be done, again not sure on that call). I know someone that had a street car and he tried to enter the gamblers race and they denied him entry. He was pretty upset. Personally, I think that they should allow all cars to enter. The track would make more money, but it is how it is.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
13.99 and quicker, slicks, et streets I think, but hey I could be wrong, but anyway more cars more money!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This Wednesday's TNT is the Mike's Auto Body Shootout. This means that for Top and Modified Racers, you are guaranteed $400 if you participate and win in Mike's Auto Body of Pittsburgh's Gambler's Race. Remember, it doesn't matter if there are 5 cars that enter this race or 40 cars, the winner is guaranteed $400. Who's it gonna be? It might just be you!

Straight from PRP website!! Top and Mod racers!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
: X

Anyone have any idea about what's going on on 22 from 66 to the track? I saw this in the Post Gazette. Penndot's sites renew22.com and District 12 had no information about possible single lane restrictions or anything.

lane closures in both directions between Hannastown Road in Murrysville and Route 119, Salem, through mid-October while PennDOT's contractor repairs deteriorated concrete slabs, joints.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
: X

Anyone have any idea about what's going on on 22 from 66 to the track? I saw this in the Post Gazette. Penndot's sites renew22.com and District 12 had no information about possible single lane restrictions or anything.

lane closures in both directions between Hannastown Road in Murrysville and Route 119, Salem, through mid-October while PennDOT's contractor repairs deteriorated concrete slabs, joints.

That's a good question Chuck. RT 22 is down to a single lane each way for the past two days but when I travel I haven't seen any work or workers, but that could just be the hours I travel. The restriction is in the valley where the police always sit, just past Climax and to RT 819(?) intersection.

The road is in good shape in that area, surely there are other places on PA roads that need the attention.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
I can't see any reason for work on 22 from 66 to New Alex. That stretch of road is only 15 years old and looks new still. They need to work on roads that umm actually need work. Maybe try in Allegheny County for once.

Chuck run the ET Street radials. they are considered a slick in some racing organizations and banned from use Eek

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I don't really know what’s going on were your talking about, but by the sounds of what you posted Chuck it's concrete, right?

Concrete can be a real night mare to maintain……..and if you neglect its maintence it will really bit you……..sounds like what’s happening with the slab and joint repair now.

Ironman & Ed sure there may be other places that appear to need more repair, but a little preventive maintence goes a long way in keeping that stretch of highway like it is.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
mother nature sure does have it out for us racers this year doesnt she!!!!! Mad Mad

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nope, I have to work, Joe has that meeting and when he's done as long as the track is open we are driving up to pick up the Mustang to get her ready for the weekend.

It can rain at my house instead of at the track. I could always use the rain here. Smile

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
just looking at weather.com and sure is alot of rain coming this way after 2pm..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I submitted a question through the PennDot site, if I get anything I'll post it.

Tom, is traffic backing up at all in those 1 lane areas? I'm thinking I'm not going to take the chance. I'll just go back roads to New Alex. It's a scenic drive anyway.

Mark just sent me an email... going east towards the track, the lane restriction starts at Liberty Trucking, the bottom of the hill on the side opposite the Climax, where the cops always sit, and is 1 lane up to the 119 junction.

Steve, yes, 22 is concrete, and I think it's pretty new, from 66 over to 981 at least. I want to say it's not even 10 years old? Maybe time is just flying by though... been coming out 376 to 22, or 66 to 22, on a regular basis since '97.

Anyone been to the New Alex demo derbys this year? Last one is Friday, thinking about going, haven't been all season, wondering if the hitting is good.