DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone,I'm fine Chuck had some I-Pad reset troubles got logged off Drr and couldn't get back on because when they took my leg off they pulled the common sense vein and well you know the rest,lol,but it's all good now......... Laughing ...........

Floyd sounds like you're doing some racing I would love to do a burnout we are going to try before the yrs out......... Praying...........

Ok everybody enjoy your BF I'm going to stir me up something don't took my Insulin and other meds. So time to eat,oh leg report it will be 6weeks tomorrow and we have started the shrinking of the stump(as they call it)which is cool lengo for a log truck driver don't cha know,lol,and will do the casting for prost.in two wks,so all is well,hey prayers all around........... Wave............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Nice week of fall weather, hoping it extends for our Halloween themed race weekend. Looks like we're getting wet Friday, but will be ok for Saturday and Sunday. Double entering in no box, going for $1k, $2k, and $2k, and having a lot of fun.

Mike, glad to hear you're doing well. I hope you get to do that burnout soon!

Let's go Bucs!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening to all !!!

Why do automotive battery's die at the worst time. The dually has 2 battery's, how did they both die at the same time. LOL And how did truck knew I was running late for the airport!!
$ 326.89 and I'm running a day late, looks to be a short week......
If anybody wants to know my fried chicken, fries, and garlic toast from Lucky Wishbone on Saturday was GREAT !! Picked food the guy's at Don's Hot Rod Shop , The best place to buy parts from. { do I sound like a TV ad }.......

Mike, a couple of burnouts sounds great.....

Chuck, that sound like a fun weekend , good luck...

Anybody know if Memphis will have live coverage ? I've got a friend who is on the road now, wife in Top and son in Mod....{ FOUND IT MOTOR MANIA OCT 9-10 }

Have a great evening , I missed my Ice Cream last weekend so now looking for a double scoop ......... Ice Cream Ice Cream

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday. Still looking at rain possibly tomorrow, but good for the weekend. We have a lot of fun, there are some really creative people for costumes and decorating.

J, coinkydink, the batteries on my Ram just went too. But mine didn't need to get me to the airport. Garlic toast with fried chicken? Don't get me wrong, I like garlic toast, but is that what they do in the west? Biscuits go with fried chicken.

Hoping to watch a little of the Memphis coverage as well, when I can. Good racing, and I love seeing the Summit Super Series run offs.

It is ice cream time, long weekend for me, you all have a great one!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon guy's , over the hump and on my way to a short week!!!

Chuck, your just going to have to deal with the garlic toast!! No Biscuits at the Lucky Wishbone, I only eat the toast cause mom taught me not to waste food......

Spending Saturday and Sunday in garage glued to Motor Mania with the World Championship and a major cleaning on the car.....

Time for lunch , Have a Great day to all.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Our heat wave is back. Supposed to get to 3 digits today or tomorrow.
You guys talking about your truck batteries mine will be 4 years old next month so I better start watching them. I guarantee I won't be putting Optimas in it. Maybe it's time for a new truck before I need batteries and tires.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all of you!! TGIF .... I finally made it to work before 5:00 am LOL

Floyd, What's the mileage on your truck ? Really a new truck over replacing a couple of batteries ? Do you have Delco units? That's what died in my dually, Arizona heat killed them in 44 months......

Dang don't know if I'll be able to watch Motor Mania today..... But Saturday, That's a different story laptop will be using power all day..........

Hope you guy's are doing something funny over the weekend.... If your racing Best Of Luck!!

Have a great Friday and weekend...... Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
J17,
It's got 47000 miles on it and the ash tray is dirty. Wait a minute, it doesn't't have an ash tray.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
My boy has some ideas for the hay hauler. He is VP/GM for Turbosmart and has a hook up with Garrett. This is his idea for next season, What do y'all think?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks,Floyd I like it,turbos are bad ass,the hay hauler would sure haul some hay for sure..............

Got to go to the Farm yesterday had a great time and got to see a lot of friends and just flat had fun,had all kind of rides on golf carts rolled around in the wheelchair got to talk to lots of new friends that I had only met on FB so just a great day...........

Well I'll try to keep up better in the future,Fern hope all is ok down your way,and Chuck,J,and all our Mia's hope all is good up Yalls way.................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Feels like a Monday. I need another day off to recuperate. Great time this weekend, just turned it red, to a .051 package, to a .111 package, and to a .0135 package. I needed to add .010 in my mental box. Bob did great, runner up Friday, split Saturday, .00x red in the Iron Man run off final. Check out the PRP FB page for some pics.

Floyd, go for it!

J, I didn't get to watch any of the Motor Mania coverage. My buddy brought it up on his phone, and they were in Hot Rod. We got called to the lanes, and missed the SSS round, never got a chance to get back on.

Mike, that's so cool you got to make it to the Farm. That's good stuff.

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to all! Got a lot done over the weekend, but no racing!! LOL

Floyd , No ash tray in the Truck !! I could deal with that..
On the other idea on the race truck, Wow that is over my head. Good luck .......

Mike , Glad to hear your out and about, sounds like you had a great time good for you.....

Chuck, I did not see much as with the delays and my internet connection going down every 10 mins..... My friends from Tucson had a hard time turning the bulb green... Matt in MOD lost first round "evil red" and his Mom lost second round.... Matt already had a world championship in MOD in 2012, but we all were hope for Cindy winning big in Top but "evil red" got her second round.......

Oh well, Everyone have a great evening.......

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day. I think my racing hangover is kicking in; I just want to go back to bed. Off this weekend, SBRA bracket finals at Mason Dixon next weekend.

J, sorry your friends didn't fare so well at Memphis, but it's awesome they were there. Some year I'd like to make it in. Great program.

You all have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been absent for a few days so I'll catch everyone up. 4 months+ since Mama had the stroke. Last Thursday they moved her to ICU at UNC hospital---several complications, but she is improving. Seems like every time we make progress we get a set back. Add insult to injury, I hit a deer last night on the way home which messed up my beater pretty good but it still drives just fine. Poor Me Wink Hope Mike & everyone else is doing fine and we will check back when we can. Enjoyed watching some of the world finals at Memphis on the computer. Lots of friends did well there, Nick Womack and Ben Parks to name a couple. Ben been a friend for many years and was runner up to NC boy Jeff Parrish Double Thumbs up

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
A Great Good Morning to All ! Hump day is here and I'm alive and health, two out of three is not bad!! {third one is being rich}

Chuck, thanks for the kind words. This family of racers had a great season, winning track championship and then their division. At my home track the Hawk family are bunch of the best racers and also the nicest people you will come across.

Fern, Sorry to hear about that setback, dang those deer's sure can cause a lot of damage. 16 years ago one made me lay down my bike, He just got up and walked away. I was so lucky to get out of that with no injuries and the bike had less than a few hundred in parts to fix.

Have A Great Day!! Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
A real good morning friends,yea it's really me I haven't been hacked I had to get up and get some help to sleep this morning,had a little bump up yesternight and crack a rib,had to have stitches put in my left elbow,and bruised up my stump that just got cut off.
Out on my crutches and they turned to noodles and next thing I know is I'm falling everywhere knocked the breath out of me so I just laid there and prayed nothing was hurt real bad.
Man I'm sore this morning so pain meds and the bed for me this weekend............. help Wave..............

Fern I'm sorry to hear about the set backs hoping it turns around soon,those deers are tough they're everywhere,I nearly missed two coming from Dr.lastnight,quess I'd been running crazy with all the Robin Hoods in the woods,you take care.............. Praying................

Chuck like the full new photo of your car you put on FB you can really see the whOlE car,I've liked that body style,and them shiny wheels,they'd look good black,j/k,they look good shiny........ Wink.............

J,Floyd,and everybody else take it easy and enjoy your up coming weekend......... Wave...........oh and good thoughts and prayers to everyone.......... Praying...........

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mikey, you stubborn old ****, you gotta take it easy. Give your self some time to heal and get used to what you can and can't do. You'll master it all in time.
Fern, your patience and devotion is very inspiring. Just remember, you aren't alone. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Good morning, it's S. H. I. T.

Sure happy it's Thursday!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning all. My daughters first birthday is this Sunday. That will be a good time.

In other news my dad is looking for a Corvette (65-67) or 69 Camaro to get back into racing. Now that he is retired, he has more time on his hands than he thought he would.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SP4X67
posted Hide Post
Morning and shout out to everyone that will have mandated overtime this weekend like myself!!! help

Posts: 3 | Location: Texarkana, TX | Registered: July 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post