DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Chuck;

Quick note. I also lived with coke bottles since age five. Had lasix about ten years ago. Went home, got in bed and slept until morning Woke up and could see 20/20. 12 years later at age 70, can still see and read without glasses. Best thing I ever did.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yesterday didn't go as planned. It was hot, 102 on my weather station in the trailer and DA of 5150. Prediction was a 10.88 for first round so I dialed a safe 10.90. Lined up against a 9.34 altered. I looked back and he wasn't coming so I clicked it off 1100-1200', took the stripe and m7y lite didn't come on. I broke out by .011 and he broke out by .006. Time slip said I was going 119 coasting. there was a tail wind but it must of been a hurricane for me to go that fast. I had only gone 120 at 10.78 the previous run. Not my day. Don't look good for the ET finals. We will go out and give it hell today but I think they are done counting points.b Supposed to be a couple of degrees cooler today. Yesterday kicked my butt.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention on the third time trial I got a little out of the groove in the left lane and the old hay hauler got a lot lite in the ass end and started fishtailing. That was a real pucker moment at about 1000'. Eyes

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Sunday didn't go well either. Looking over time slips we figured out some differences in the lanes. Left lane was a touch slower than the right lane but the lights were better in the left. I took the left lane and dialed a 10.85. Ran a 10.861 but turned on that funny red light when I left. That should finish my plans for the Finals. It's going to be hot any how.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here. Mama seems about the same and wants to come home. If I were somehow able to give her the care she needs I would have her here....but its not possible.....Been raining for 4--5 days straight, pretty gloomy. Sorry about the BF deal Floyd....here in NC its just become another race for most as its pretty easy to get on a team. Mike hope you are doing OK. Everyone else hug the one you love, no one guarantees tomorrow!

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rain set in last night here too, gray and damp and drizzly out there. I'm hoping it clears up before the Pirates game, got tickets to go. I'm hoping for a sweep of the Cards, make these last 3 games of the season really interesting.

Ken, that's good to know. I'm afraid of what may go wrong, in addition to the cost.

Floyd, sorry it didn't go your way this weekend. And I hope you all get some rain and cooler temps out there in that tinderbox.

Fern, I feel for you. And you are so right, tomorrow may never come.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone thought I'd better check in I'll be glad when I can go back to hauling logs all this laying around don't seem to have time for anything but naps,but I did get up in my log truck the other day and drive it through the country here just to keep the fluids moving in me and the truck,lol...............

Chuck it's been drizzing here for about 4 or 5 days I get out on the Gator get about a 1/4 mile from the house and here comes the rain and there's no top on the Gator,lol,well it's all good just glad to get out and mess around,maybe all this weather will pass and on to fall,sure hope Big Ben ain't hurt to bad,go steelers................

Fern that's the truth we never know about tomorrow so do and be your best today smile all you can laugh at yourself,and as you said hug the ones you love a lot,tell mom mt.Mike said hey............. Wave...............

Floyd,I been keeping up with you on FB sounds like you and the old Hay Hauler had quiet the time................ Car............

Ken good to hear you're still taking care of old what's her names I believe she's a keeper,you take easy on them naps I'm getting pretty good at them now................

J,Michelle and any of our MIA's that still check us out ya'll all have a gooden................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I'm going to the finals. I had resigned myself to not making the team and got a surprise. They are fielding two teams and needed a duck to fill in a spot so who better than me. Should be fun. Will see some people I haven't seen in quite a while.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Doesn't look like I'm going to the game tonight, with this weather. I gave my seats away last night, a touch under the weather. I'm too old to sit through hours of rain delays on a work night, especially since I'm looking at doing that this weekend at bracket finals.

Mike, I'm glad you're getting out and around, and getting the truck out and a round for a spin. I hope this wet stuff moves on too, send it out to Floyd and California. Guess we'll see how the Steelers do under Vick for a few games.

Floyd, first bracket team I ever made was by the sweetest 2 words (according to Homer Simpson): Dee fault, dee fault! Always a good time, hope you get to catch up with friends and race well.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning Guy's! I make it to work in one piece , just in time to get out of Az. the weather is going to be over 100 to 103 the next 3 days. Late Sept. and early Oct. is normally 89 to 90, hope this is the last of the heat. Last race for me is S/ST on Oct. 17th day race, sure hope it cools down a little........

Floyd, I'm glad you got in, that's your home turf so you may not be a duck! Be easy on those Wild Horse Pass guy's LOL......

Chuck sounds like you got a great weekend coming at you , good luck.....

Mike, let me know if your driving out west, I want to know when to "Duck and Hide" .....
Just kidding , But if you make it out this way , I'm buying at Lucky Wishbone......

Everyone have a Great Day !! Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning, or afternoon on the east coast. Hope you all are doing well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Camaroracer1258,

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Some rain... a lot of rain, heard the talking heads say 3 to 5 inches around the area. It's washed away bracket finals for this weekend. I'm waiting to hear the new dates, got a lot lined up in October, hoping nothing gets double booked.

Stay dry, let's go Bucs! You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon....

Chuck, sorry the weather is not cooperating , hope your reschedule works out soon....

Everyone have a great day....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Lots of cars here for the Div 7 ET Finals. Weather looks great for today and tomorrow but not so good for Sunday. We will see. I don't need to worry about it unless I win the team event on Saturday.
Had to buy a new battery yesterday. Has anybody noticed how expensive Optima has gotten? The one I bought in '08 was 169 bucks. The one I bought yesterday was 225 after my senior discount. Shi$t!.
Y'all have a gooden. I'm goin racin. Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Mornin Y'all!
Lots of cars here for the Div 7 ET Finals. Weather looks great for today and tomorrow but not so good for Sunday. We will see. I don't need to worry about it unless I win the team event on Saturday.
Had to buy a new battery yesterday. Has anybody noticed how expensive Optima has gotten? The one I bought in '08 was 169 bucks. The one I bought yesterday was 225 after my senior discount. Shi$t!.
Y'all have a gooden. I'm goin racin. Praying Angel hug

That I did notice. I worked for a company that sold aftermarket parts for mustangs. My price on the Optimas was at the company's cost. I think like $180 about 2-3 years ago, compared to the customer paying $220ish I think.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning, TGIF!! This has been a good week, end of the month reports had me put in and 20 hour day. LOL

You guy's talking about pricing I hear that kind of talk every day, money values seem to be shrinking at a high rate.......

Been talking with all my friends who are at ET Finals in Div. 7 , One guy blew a window in his block, I offered my new build that was sitting at the house. But that 1,000 mile round trip was more than what he wanted to drive......

I hope everyone is getting better , been thinking about Mike and Fern's wife ......

Local track was to reopen Oct. first , a new statement now said Jan 1ST 2016. Now he also thing about the sanction body to go with , earlier people in the know said for sure NHRA. I believe IHRA is trying to stay and may give Jim some incentives to stay , after all he will be laying out all the improvements. I have no dog in this fight, but he has said I will be announced The first of the year. My only problem with all this is both sanctions will have 2016 schedules done and Tucson will be left out till 2017..... Eyes

Oh Well!! Lets have a great weekend !!!!!

I want my Rocky Road Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pricing? I paid $1.76 in SC awhile back for gas---$2.06 last night in Durham, NC....Diesel $2.17. They are making it up elsewhere I guess but seems to me that the price of everything was blamed on fuel when it was high. Guess the fuel reduction don't get passed on.

Fern is OK, Mama is about the same. Today makes 4 months since she had the stroke. Been raining for 4--5 days now. Got to go, 60 mi to the rehab place.......

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Div 7 ET finals didn't go according to plan. Got by first round and was ready to go the distance and the old hay hauler decided to blow the tires off second round. Cut a .040 light, my best one in a long time, then went up in smoke. Lost .08 in 60' and it was over. They spotted me against a 8.33 dial car and I didn't make it, He was off by .05 and I was off by a tad more. He went by me at 152 mph right at the stripe. If I coulda, woulda, shoulda, but that's drag racing.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
7604 Rick Reynolds V787 Floyd Staggs
E2 ****WINNER**** 0.010 8.384 152.69 0.040 10.826 122.71
PRO Dial: 8.33 (+/-): 0.054 PRO Dial: 10.76 (+/-): 0.066
Prior rounds:
E1 (S Melson ) 0.038 8.291 -0.039 (T Marcheski ) 0.109 10.764 0.034

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm not really ready for the cool mornings, because I know what that means, but there is something special when it's the crisp fall air and a crystal clear sky when you can see tons of stars. Good way to start the morning, looking up.

Got through the rain this weekend at PRP to crown the Summit Super Series reps. Great racing from those 27 cars. Bracket finals is rescheduled for the end of the month, I hope all the teams can make it back in.

Floyd, sorry about striking the tires. I hope you had a good time. I've noticed that about the Optima as well. I like those batteries though, have treated me well. My first one, from 2004, is still in the trailer for the winch and trailer jack.

J, I'm partial to IHRA now. Much more sportsman friendly, and the Summit Super Series is awesome.

Fern, I hope you're taking care of yourself too. I've done the hospital shuffle, but it was a short commute and a short time. Thinking of you and your family.

Mike, I hope you stayed dry up there on top of the hill. Or did the mini Winnie blow you into a valley?? Hum