DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon, I back to work after having 5 days off ! Going to 110 today and have a slight chance of rain for early next week.

Floyd where I Az are you going to?

You all have a great Day....

It's so Hot

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have had some serious heat waves out here in PA. It sucks when you have kids because you don't want them in that kind of weather. They don't know when to stop and relax.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Nice part about the southwest desert I'm in you can pile the kids in the car and go up to a place just and hour away where the temperature is 75 cause its up in some great mountains. Its a different world up at 10,000 ft.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I remember one year at Christmas we went to Mt Lemon skiing in the morning and were in the pool in the afternoon--good old days Wink

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I remember one year at Christmas we went to Mt Lemon skiing in the morning and were in the pool in the afternoon--good old days Wink

Fern still there, it had a major fire a few years back but its coming back strong. The Kids have been discovering the back road and is got the 4 wheels having a lot of fun....but you gotta watch out for the 4 wheel sheriffs they love to handout them tickets....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, I may be old and retarded but I'm not senile. I meant it is going to be Arizona hot today right here. If I was going to be down your way I would be under the misters at Hooters.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hahaha Good Morning to all... how we all doing , hope everyone is enjoying this week. Got a couple more days working then back to R&R as the heat is no fun to be in , but the pool and the a beer at dusk is a real good time.

Floyd , just hoping to coax you out here for a visit, guess it did not work . Keep in mind I'll buy the chicken and stuff from Lucky Wishbone if you ever come.....

Chuck, when you going out racing again? Have you been advertising the 69 Olds , would make a great car for someone.

You All Have A Great day .....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, every time I say I'm going out thereto see my kids they say they would rather come here. The grand kids like to see where their mother grew up and where grandpa still lives.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd , just goes to show you raised a smart bunch .....Great job...

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, it's 117* outside right now.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd , I'm working in Marina Del Rey today .... everyone is complaining how hot it is. Just went outside with a handheld weather station showed a cool 89 with a 38% adjusted said 309 ft.

Relaxing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, it's 5:00 and still 116*.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Dang Floyd run for the hills , get out of Dodge!!!!
Stay in doors till midnight should cool down to 99 by then.... That A/C unit is working hard , glad mine is new . This is not a good time for one to break down... Mine is set at 80 but the wife said she just did a walk thru and family room shows 78 while the master bedroom shows 76. ( the wife loves my handheld weather station) She said she got last months bill and average temp was up by 9 degrees but the bill for this new unit was only $126.00 compared to June last year when it was a lot cooler bill was 197.00 . So in 13 years I'll be money ahead, LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We are in a cooling trend. Yesterday was only 111* and today is only 103*. My misters on the patio have been on 24 hours a day and the AC hasn't been far behind.
I hope they send me some stock in So Cal Edison cause I know my next bill should qualify.
Y'all have a gooden. panting

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... No post since Sunday , so here I am talking about the 1" of rain we have got since Saturday...Hahaha This has made a cooling trend for this week so it should not get above 98 plus we expecting more rain !

Been bored at night lately so been reading this thread starting with Mikes first post. Reads like a living tale of happiness and saddest and a huge racing family which it is , I am up to page 150.....

Floyd , looks like you still have some heat , what is coming up for you this summer? Any travel plans or are the kids coming out for a visit.

Well that's all I got , You All Have A Good Week!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been missing for awhile so long post. Went to WV to a family reunion, I am oldest so attendance is mandatory. Always good to see that bunch. Then spent 3 days cleaning out a house I owned up there on the river so I could sell it where I locked keys in truck. No tools, road closed, no phone service, no help around. Took me 45 min but I got in. 90+ for an old guy doing weed whacking and hauling junk for 3 days was rough. Saw a nice Monaco motor home for sale along the road and ended up buying it, have to go back up to retrieve it in a couple of weeks. To good a deal to pass up. 95 when I got home last night, grass is high but glad to be home. No racing on my schedule just yet as to much drama right now in my life. Hope everyone on here is doing good and dealing with the heat...…..

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Damn, Fern, I get tired just reading your posts.
Going to be a little warm again today with 65% humidity. That's the part that bothers me. Woody doens't seem to mind though.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope everyone is doing well. I stunk up the place last Friday night, going red and dead on. I tested last night, feel like I'm getting a groove, we'll see if I can continue that today. If yinz are bored, my time trial is at 3pm Eastern, funny cars run at 6:30, 8:30, and 10, bracket program runs around it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdRIyj51us

Stay cool out there, I'm going to try to, H2O, sunscreen, and hopefully some ice cream at some point.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all, well, that didn't go as planned. Missed the dial first round, after being even on the tree with my buddy Jake. Won my buyback, drove well second round, had the tree and drove the strip to .007, as he went under .046. Get Jake again, .010 apart on the tree, and the car doesn't cover. I don't know if it was me, the car, or the track, but I lost .05+ in the 60'. Still had a great time. My best friend and his family came to watch, had their kids sit in the race car, and Nolen loved being a helper. We have 4 spots all in a row, my friends and I, so he got to winch my car in, "help" us close the trailer doors. Taking it easy today, been a sprint it seems, the last few weeks.

Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon, Hope everyone is healthy and having a great hump day....

Chuck sounds like a great time, wish you could have gone more rounds. WE keep facing off with the wrong competition....LOL

HMMMM