DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like I been gone another week. Trying to figure how SFG race at Rockingham was cancelled for weather and the Rock posted a 3 day one on the same dates just hours later. Weather must have changed! Going to WV in the morning to get my new to me motor home. Try to get back Friday and maybe go to the Rock. Free entry for foot brakers. Been catching up on the home work here and still need to get to Baltimore and get that mess straightened out....its been hot here, damn hot! Neighbor 5yrs old got mauled by a big dog 2 days ago. Bit him in the face and he is pretty cut up and lost 5 teeth. Hate to see something like that but he has been a trooper about it. Life goes on. Chuck did the IHRA come to town yet?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all posters and readers who come here...LOL TGIF and a great summer weekend is coming at us, I hope you all are ready for it.

Fern , hope that RV gets home with no trouble , what are you needing two or is it just to turn and make some bucks? Sorry to hear about that 5 year old boy , not really fair. Bad things should only happen to bad people.

Chuck on the way in to work saw a huge truck with this painted on the side" SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR ICE CREAM " made me think have to make a special trip this weekend....Hahaha

You all have A Great Weekend......

Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
RV got home just fine, about 400 mi. Drove up and back in 18 hours. Got a he11 of a deal on a Monaco that has never sat outside or seen snow. In a lot of ways it is much nicer than my current one but although a high end coach its not as far up the ladder as the one I have. But my current one has spent most of its life at the race track and is a little rough around the edges now.

Kid next door is doing pretty good. He came to see us this evening and really looks good considering.

Don't look like Ill make the Rock, to much going on here. You all have a good one.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hope you all aren't abandoning ship---Everything is good here in NC

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
HELLO HELLO !!!!! DANG Seems like its you and me Fern.... Hope you make some good cash on that RV deal.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well Nick I don't care if I make anything or not but I don't need 2 of them. Did that before. New one is nice and shiny but old one has several features I will miss. I'll figure it out but in no hurry. Going to take the old one to Baltimore next week to start getting that rental straightened out. Racing has been kicked to the curb by life it seems. I started the car in the garage so I at least know that it still runs. Also around here everything has either been rained out or cancelled because of weather. Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern, working with rentals is a lot of work, I did that back in the 70s. With all the work I did I was lucky to make a few grand when I sold them all... The market was hot so I made out but was not the way I wanted to spend my weekends....Most renters are not very respectful to your investment.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I might try this Air B&B or what ever they call it. This place is right on aviation blvd at Baltimore-Washington Airport and right across the street from the general aviation terminal.....We will see. It is a valuable piece of property.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
That's a great idea , fix it up like a little model home and charge big bucks by the night or week.... I would take a good look you might only have to rent out a few times a month and make so good money.... A little while back went to Martha Vineyards for a wedding 4 couples in a huge house , was cheaper than a hotel and we had a blast.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Kinda hard to get motivated out here with all the heat. Goin to be another hot one today so Woody and I need to get out early to get the truckn serviced and washed. Then it's back to staying inside and being cool. It's been so damn hot we haven't been able to go out for our evening cruise til about 8 oclock.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My new designated driver.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
He doesn't weight that much????

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now get him registered to vote. Should be easy

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah Nick, he's not real big. I don't mind picking up tootsie rolls but I hate picking up land mines.

Fern, gotta figure out how to get him a SSA number so I can claim him.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
TGIF

Now that’s a good one SSA......

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Oh my God only going to be 107 at wild horse pass gate time 6 PM at Trak at 8 PM I’m going Racing at First hit weather says 106 by first round it’ll be a cool 102 that will be at probably 1030 at night can’t wait

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Back in Baltimore

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Racing Saturday night was hot.... Two time runs went well first 10.287 second 10.289. Dialed up a few cause I lost the tail wind to 10.30. Had a 7.65 dragster my light .008 his .010 , I lost sight him , so I killed a little. Turned out to be to much as he blast past me taking .016 stripe . If I only stayed in it would have run 10.309 .... He also went on to win the event....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hi y'all,

I'm getting tired of the heat. Woody is bored and so am I. The days are getting shorter and I still haven't fixed my patio lights. Gotta wait till it cools down to fire up the grill. Maybe it will be KFC tonight.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Happy Thirsty Thursday to all.... Pass the hump and headed for some good times. What is everyone doing this first weekend of August anybody have something funny to do like RACING ?

Good Morning