DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Heading back home tomorrow afternoon. Dr appointment Sat and back to Baltimore probably Monday. Lots of work to do up here. Race, life is in the way right now. Keep it up Nick you motivate me

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Got to talk to my son today. He's been out of touch for a few days. Seems the Street Outlaws were in Moreno Valley filming a new episode. He has stuff on about half of their cars so they invited him out to watch. He had fun and watched a lot of money change hands. Nothing is scripted. It got pretty wild. Dominator crashed his car last night. Two nights here then on to another town where they are invited to race another group. Last night was LA Street Racers.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Life has been a bit busy lately. Vacation last week, time with my parents, brother and his family, sister and her family, and my brother. Work was nuts before I went, and has been since I got back. No racing for me this weekend, I get to man the mic for the Sportsman Spectacular and junior race at KRP.

Fern, hope you're doing well. I'm glad you had no adventures getting the WV motorhome back to NC. Good luck with getting the work done so you can race again.

Floyd, that's great you have a DD! Big Grin That's interesting. I think the racing is real, but the drama often seems made up.

Nick, don't know about you, but I feel better for knowing the winner had to come through me. I hope you still got ice cream.

You all be good out there.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
No Chuck, he said the drama is real. There was a lot of arguing. The side bets he said were insane. A group from Apple Valley called and said they had a car and wanted to race for 5 grand. Some of the guys drove up there at 5 am yesterday morning and the group didn't show, He said there were a lot of pissed off people over that.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
TGIF,,, Good Morning all , glad to see a post from Chuck . I been thinking where is he? Fern is taking care of business in a big way ....one busy guy, I do not know how he keeps up on all the things he does ... makes my head spin just trying to list what all he has been doing.... He is my hero for sure.

You All Have A Great weekend!!!

I will be busy with my wedding anniversary all weekend, I don't how she put up with me for over 42 years, Sure am glad she has!!!!

I'll be doing some High end Ice Cream this weekend ....

Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Dominator stopped by for a couple of wastegates.
That's my grand daughter, office manager for Turbo Smart.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got back to NC last night. Nick its just got to be done and I just go ahead and do it. No special skills. Friends I had not seen for 20 years stopped here last Sat for a couple of hours. What a pleasant surprise. Then I guess I passed daughter and 5 Grandkids on the way up to Baltimore, they were here all week but we missed each other. Guess I'll be here long enough to mow grass, pay bills, etc before I head back up to the mess in Baltimore. Nice race this weekend at Rockingham and Ducky has his VMP race next weekend. Good deal for this area. Chuck I hope your IHRA deal is better attended than the one I went to at Wilksboro. And maybe ran like they advertise it......They didn't leave a very good impression there especially after saying it was re-entry then doing a straight buyback which caused some first round winners to miss 2nd round---including me....Div director could have cared less as he just seemed to want to get done and get going. You all have safe travels----Cute Grand Daughter Floyd!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, she's smart too.Runs a tight ship over there at Turbo Smart. Nobody gets to see Marty with out going through her first.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've been on the mic for the Sportsman Spectacular. Lots of great racing today. Humidididitty and heat coming back today and tomorrow. It is time for the dog days of summer I suppose.

Nick, happy anniversary! I hope you did get some high end ice cream, and you and your wife did something special.

Floyd, I'm a little surprised. Some of the pushing and shoving drama see pro-wrestling-esque. That's cool Dominator stopped by and took the pic with your granddaughter.

Fern, the race went very well today. Our division director almost made the same mistake, with the buybacks versus reentry. We straightened it out in plenty of time, before today's race started. It is disappointing to hear that the division director didn't seem to care at the event you went to. Everything was run as advertised, ton of great racing. And footbraking, deepstaging Nick Bowman took the $10K win.

You all have a great night.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Talk about making the right move to TN .Lots of friends plus I have enjoyed racing since there is a lot of race tracks around amazing. I even got to meet Scott personally a great person and has one of the best web sites around> of course without saying I really appreciate the racers who I have gotten Race Car Insurance for from me at a very reasonable premium and gives the racer a peace of mind about their car . thanks to all I guess I will grow old here racing until I forget who I am ,.lol
Don Kennedy

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, Marty say's Dominator is the coolest guy on the show. He always shows up at Sema and does videos for Turbosmart. He realizes you have to take care of the people that help you. Daddy Dave screwed him a couple of years ago so he isn't welcome anymore and gets no help.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey all. Back to work after a week off at the beach in Avalon. I haven't felt this relaxed in a long time coming to work. Real estate gig isn't going anywhere right now. Got leads, but all for the next year or two. Ran 12.50 twice this year and bowed out second and first round. I'm struggling with the tree when my opponents are stepping up their game. My pops tried pro dial with his camaro and did well for first time going three rounds. He seemed to enjoy it.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Good weekend, spent it all on the mic, calling the junior event and the Sportsman Spectacular. Super tight racing, good stuff. I'm hoping the weather works out for this weekend. I haven't been in the car in almost a month.

Don, glad you stopped in. Where did you live before? Yeah, that Tater Scott is ok. Big Grin

Floyd, there have been a few of the guys come to KRP in the last few years. They always seem to interact well with the fans.

1258, I made that adjustment back to work last week. 12.50 a pro tree?

Bed time for me....

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
9 months ago i moved from Mesa,AZ to Near Portland TN .only 39 and a half minutes from Bowling Green Drag Strip

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well Don your not missing a thing, Its still real hot! And both tracks have little racing till the third week of August.... Like it will be cooler then...... Hahahaha

You been racing much?

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, come over our way. You can't see the sky for the smoke and ash. The fires are about 25 miles away but we are getting all the **** blown this way.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd , stay inside and no outdoor grilling.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Floyd , stay inside and no outdoor grilling.....

No kidding. I did a 5 1/2 lb prime rib Tuesday that will keep us going for a couple of days. Last night it was a simple chef salad that was damn good on a hot day.
It's so Hot

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
TGIF Good Morning to you all.... working the week away.. This weekend R&R and lots of great food . Two friends up in Boise Nights of Fire event, one went to final to Super Pro yesterday. the other got disqualified for excessive braking on the top end....These to will get it done .... LOL

Make My Ice Cream Rocky Road, two scoops please!!!!!

Have a great weekend and good luck if your racing....

Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you're all having a good weekend. Weather took care of mine for racing. I got to test Thursday night, thankfully, first time I was in the car in almost 4 weeks. It felt good. I had something that I hadn't experienced before. My first pass, friend in the other lane was in his dragster. He forgot I was deepstaging, and when I knocked my top bulb out, he left before the tree fired. I made an 1/8th mile pass and bailed. I'm coasting down the track, and I see a bunch of smoke and then his car coming out of it, sideways, then I see the front of his car pointing back up the track. Instantly thought of the Shelly Howard tragedy. I'm glad everything worked out the way it did. Bob was fine. I got my car off the track and ran over. His chassis broke, set the belly pan on the track, broke the driveshaft, but not a drop of fluid on the track.

Don, nice. I really don't know how people live in that AZ heat. I'd burst into flame.

Floyd, I hope you're good where you are. Always sad to see the fires taking their toll. I'm eating a lot more salads in the last couple of years, and they do really hit the spot in the summer.

Nick, did you see Oreo came out with Rocky Road cookies? They're pretty tasty!

Still ice cream time though.
Relaxing