DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Transmission temps.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transmission temps.
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what was easy was taking you out first round Spitting

trans fluid temp again was 125-130 when staged. Add another "deadly all weekend" round win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKkWWMUSuVE

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Another FYI for those that think they know...on my normal daily commute home tonight, a 1 1/2 hour/50 mile drive, the trans fluid temp in the Allison 1000 trans in my GMC 3500 Denali Duramax never rose above 125 degrees and most of the trip it was right around 100 degrees.

Further, when I'm towing 14,000+ lbs. hours upon hours for 100s and 100s of miles, the trans fluid never sees 180!

I'll refer back to this post when I start racing with an Allison transmission with a 14k pound trailer in tow and during "ice possible" conditions.

Just jerking your chain Ed.

It's all relative to the combo and environment you run in as to what is right. By now the OP should have that figured out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ski_dwn_it,

Posts: 1442 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Non "ice possible" conditions

If you show up at the Numidia 150s, 5/21-23 and 8/13-15, I invite you to stop by my trailer at the end of the day and I'll show you every run that day staged at 125-130 trans fluid temp on BOTH cars.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Transmission temp 7 in a row 15 or better total.

You can be fairly competitive anywhere, even Florida, 15 or better total.

Bo Laws methanol carb.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
ain't impressed! same 7 old slips with no date on them that you've posted here at at YB for years.

Yet another "deadly all weekend" round win, doubled entered and staged at 125-130 degree trans fluid temp.

"This thing leaves HARD"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17hHOSyN8w

When you showing up Mikey?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Non "ice possible" conditions

If you show up at the Numidia 150s, 5/21-23 and 8/13-15, I invite you to stop by my trailer at the end of the day and I'll show you every run that day staged at 125-130 trans fluid temp on BOTH cars.

Ed if it works for you that is terrific. I frankly don't care what you run your car at unless I'm in the driver's seat running it; then I'd wanna know what works for that combo.

I'm here giving the OP my info for point of reference. No idea if it's applicable to his application. My car is heavy, fast, and alky. It's all going to influence things.

Needs to find out his own sweet spot.

And can't believe a baller like you owns a truck with 250k miles. Took you for a guy that gets a new one every two years so you could brag about that

Posts: 1442 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17hHOSyN8w

In this video; What is the white/light colored object taking flight at the moment your car goes hard on the binders?

Front lower air deflector or???

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nothing took flight, it's a reflection from the infrared spotter we use. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
can't believe a baller like you owns a truck with 250k miles. Took you for a guy that gets a new one every two years so you could brag about that

I don't brag, I just tell it like it is! NahNahTounge

I drive my truck and I have numerous cars, trucks and Jeeps, none older than my tow vehicle.

Again, your program needs work.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I told ya they're from 1971, the equipment has gotten better, hasn't it? Competition is tighter today, isn't it?

Prove it with Evidence.

This was a Bo Laws methanol carb with brass metering blocks, they haven't made those since the 1980's.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Couldn't agree more...I will never be happy. Wink

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Couldn't agree more...I will never be happy. Wink

You handled that like a gentleman.

Kudos.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
he handled it as he had too, knowing that I've seen his car launch/run and it don't work well.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
he handled it as he had too, knowing that I've seen his car launch/run and it don't work well.

Nope as stated it will never work perfectly and I will always be refining.

First time out this past year after complete back-half that I did myself. I don't need to go out and buy a built car and then brag it works. I do it myself. Smile
Car doesn't require HUGE wheelie and now basically just skips front wheels. Not bad for a 3350 pound car, built in my garage, still has Stereo/ power windows/locks/mirrors. Stock dash and complete interior as it was stock ahead of the rear wheel wells.

https://youtu.be/xmGocOYoQ0Y

Car prior to back half; car running my bolt-in solid rear suspension for C4 corvettes. Sold dozens to people all over the world.

Semi Final Run here:

https://youtu.be/Qm8BQiPb7H4

Finals of the Sniper Series (box and no box race that combines). Friend and World Champ Joe Tharp in the finals. That year he and I were neck and neck in points and we went back and forth with wins. This one was in his favor. It happens.

https://youtu.be/x7AOmo86xVQ

Sorry to the original poster...but in each run, my trans temp was 170 Wink Methanol engine. 555CI motor in last two. Newer (first video) after halfback 582CI motor. Rossler PG -- this will really make Ed cringe.... 15-year-old (way over a thousand runs) 8" TCI torque converter that Rossler checks each time with trans overhaul every 2 years). This past year was the first time it got new bushings and bearing from Abruzzi after Carl and I laughed we *may* be pushing our luck.

Car at the end of the season was hitting 159mph in cooler air.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ski_dwn_it,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I frankly don't care what what you have done with your car, it will never work on par with mine which we both know is the benchmark and that's why you wanted to buy BOTH my cars.Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

First time out this past year after complete back-half that I did myself. I don't need to go out and buy a built car and then brag it works. I do it myself. Smile
Car doesn't require HUGE wheelie and now basically just skips front wheels. Not bad for a 3350 pound car, built in my garage, still has Stereo/ power windows/locks/mirrors. Stock dash and complete interior as it was stock ahead of the rear wheel wells.

Car prior to back half; car running my bolt-in solid rear suspension for C4 corvettes. Sold dozens to people all over the world.

Semi Final Run here:

Finals of the Sniper Series (box and no box race that combines). Friend and World Champ Joe Tharp in the finals. That year he and I were neck and neck in points and we went back and forth with wins. This one was in his favor. It happens.

Sorry to the original poster...but in each run, my trans temp was 170 Wink Methanol engine. 555CI motor in last two. Newer (first video) after halfback 582CI motor. Rossler PG -- this will really make Ed cringe.... 15-year-old (way over a thousand runs) 8" TCI torque converter that Rossler checks each time with trans overhaul every 2 years). This past year was the first time it got new bushings and bearing from Abruzzi after Carl and I laughed we *may* be pushing our luck.

Nice job and that is a great attitude to have; never accepting good enough, working to refine, refine, refine. I like that car. Very cool.

This sport is a big six sigma project of reducing variation. I agree with many trans and motor temp are key variables to keep as tight as possible.

Did Tharp use to race Norwalk. I know I have seen his name around a LOT. Or was that his Dad? Or no relation?
In respect to original question.
Just to contribute to subject. I try and be 160 into burnout. 165 to 170 staged. 180 post pass.
Powerglide, heavy "slow" door car, 6.50s. I run on gas.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
quote:
quote:

Semi Final Run here:

Nice job and that is a great attitude to have; never accepting good enough, working to refine, refine, refine. I like that car. Very cool.

This sport is a big six sigma project of reducing variation. I agree with many trans and motor temp are key variables to keep as tight as possible.

Did Tharp use to race Norwalk. I know I have seen his name around a LOT. Or was that his Dad? Or no relation?
In respect to original question.
Just to contribute to subject. I try and be 160 into burnout. 165 to 170 staged. 180 post pass.
Powerglide, heavy "slow" door car, 6.50s. I run on gas.

Think it's relation but not sure.

Thanks on the compliments.

Most of the reason I love this stuff is the constant refinement.

The last video losing is a stark reminder that you don't need or have to have the best of the best or a fancy car to be deadly. It's about being consistent and reducing variation. In both the car and driver.

The theme of this entire thread to those that grasp the tone.

DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I frankly don't care what what you have done with your car, it will never work on par with mine which we both know is the benchmark and that's why you wanted to buy BOTH my cars.Wink

How many races did the benchmark cars win last year? Include winnings please, I’m curious to see what the benchmark standard is. Thanks

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If someone can consistently stage all day at 135 trans temps, going rounds in 90 degree humid days, more power to them. Geeze I might have that kind of heat when I roll it out of the trailer.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by regal:
quote:

How many races did the benchmark cars win last year? Include winnings please, I’m curious to see what the benchmark standard is. Thanks

LOL!

His Son is very capable driver & is the right person to be in the seat of their cars.

As for ED & all of his forum BS knowledge, including his low trans fluid temp staging. When he can park his butt in the drivers seat & produce consistent wins. I might start listening to his nagging on this forum. Until then: He's a never been, never will be & the best spot for him in drag racing is not in the seat.

As for a good many here, we continue to drive & win. We do it with our program needing work, junk cars, being clueless & any other forum BS he spews onto his keyboard. I take most his Gibberish with a grain of salt.

While I'm using ED for Cheap Entertainment. When you call someone out like in this thread or other threads. Again, grow some balls/man-up & take the race to them. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

His Son is very capable driver & is the right person to be in the seat of their cars.

As for ED & all of his forum BS knowledge, including his low trans fluid temp staging. When he can park his butt in the drivers seat & produce consistent wins. I might start listening to his nagging on this forum. Until then: He's a never been, never will be & the best spot for him in drag racing is not in the seat.

As for a good many here, we continue to drive & win. We do it with our program needing work, junk cars, being clueless & any other forum BS he spews onto his keyboard. I take most his Gibberish with a grain of salt.

Wink

I do not really care what First Round Runner up with Small Man Syndrome says. I listen to people who know what they are doing and let their driving results stand for itself.
Here is my thinking. You can argue with an idiot all day long at the end of the day he is still Stupid. No amount of my arguing with him will make him any smarter. I am not going to argue with the idiot. Some can turn on win lights and some talk about it.
How many win lights has he himself (not his son) turned in the last 10 years?
You just have to consider the source and not let little man get under your skin.

The main thing I do not like is he can call people all kinds of names but anyone else would get banned for it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post