DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys what's going on? Weather here is getting nice in PA. Got someone that's going to run my real estate broker's name on car with my info. Hopefully that will drump up a little business. I gave him a deal, anyone he refers to me, I will pay for a big money footbrake race entry. He's a good racer too and young.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1258 did you make the Cecil race this past weekend?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern I did not. I don't have the budget right now to do that. Need to pay off some debt before doing anything like that. I heard it was a very well run race though.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,
Brian McClanahan is in Dallas for the national. I think he is making a run for the championship. He is in 3rd and has only claimed 3 nationals. He has Dallas, Vegas and Pomona yet to claim.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd its a darn shame you all have to race those NHRA deals that don't pay anything. 50 mi from my house they raced Wend for $10,000, Thur, for $15,000, last night today and tomorrow for $100,000. Farmington is 80mi away and its $15,000 up there today and the PDRA is at Darlington...Think they had 520 first round last night at the Rock.......you all need to get out of Moonbeams state. Hope you are doing good and where are Chuck and the rest of the boys?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Fern, the closest we get to that is the Spring Fling.
The Heritage Series and Summit Series don't pay **** but they are something to do. There are a couple of 1500 races that come along but not very often.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Darn shame Floyd. They had 569 cars 1st round last night at Rockingham for $100,000. $1500 is about what a local track will pay for a weekly race here. I can't do those all nighters t.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, seems like folks out here would rather race for a trophy and bragging rights than money.
Take the March Meet for example. They will get 6-700 entries. Car and driver is 125, crew pass 125. Purse is 800.00 per class. Four day schedule which means we have to get there on Wednesday. last year my hotel bill was 600 bucks. Add in travel fuel, food, race gas, entry fees, etc and it will cost me over a thousand bucks to go. But it's the biggest nostalgia race of the year and I've only missed one in the last 25 or so years. I've already entered and got my hotel reservations. God willing and I'm still alive we will be there March 6.

Hey Nick, the Dallas race is supposed to finish today and Brian is only 3 rounds away from getting the #1 position in stock eliminator. That is if they can get it in. Forecast is for more thunder showers today.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd heres the tale of 2 friends at the Rock. One spent over $5000 and didn't win a round + was away from work for a week. Another old friend that's as old as you and I won the $100,000 race last night. I watched on the computer now and then, cheaper.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, I guess my thousand bucks isn't bad then.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick, Brian got it done in Ennis.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd saw that, how cool is it... clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, very cool. That gives him a 1 point lead in the championship and he still has a national that he can improve on.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd thanks for that link ..... its going be a race to the end. Right

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I was at the Vegas race when Ryan won his championship. Maybe I better go help Brian win his.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, yep I think you better go to Vegas... Brain could use the help of your presentence , has woody had a road trip lately? I'm sure Woody would help too....LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks just passing by and wanted to say howdy hope everyone is doing well were still hanging on little slow and diabetes finally got to my eyes but its all good you all take care see y'all around I'm Back

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good venin, Mike,
Stop by more often. We are still keeping this going.

DRR Trophy
Picture of racerhog
posted Hide Post
Auhhhh Crap... It's Raining Floyd !! lol

Bob (Cowboy) Hogan
Monrovia SO-CAL

Posts: 3 | Location: Monrovia SO-CAL | Registered: August 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post