DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd I don't have a lift---don't ask me why! But my garage is toasty warm and the floor is as clean as my house----but done it this way for more than 60 years so I guess I am just used to it. I also like to do it myself so I have no one else to blame if its done wrong.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone, weather out here is like it is in the spring at 40s at night 70s and 80s during the day. Had a great two day race Saturday I wasn’t doing that well lost first round to 7.00 dragster. Then lost second round in S/ST against last year‘s champion. Sunday was a little different when to the final , But Lost giving it back by .0052 One blurs too many . LOL

Floyd good job putting that tooth missing Could cause a problem down the road

Sounds like everyone has it going on

You all have a great day

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I know exactly what you mean but I just can't get down and back up like I used. All the good living is catching up with me. Maybe too much good scotch and rare rib eye steaks. LOL
Marty has two lifts at his warehouse so that's where the truck stays. He also shows it off when he gets out of country visitors. They like to hear the big motor and watch him stripe his parking lot.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Over center day, all! Winter is coming and going. Blew back in overnight Monday, pretty frigid and a few inches of snow, 40s for today and tomorrow, 20s Friday. I'm ready for spring.

1258, definitely pulling for the Eagles, both for PA, and against the Patriots. Cheating aside, Bellichek and Brady are incredible. Doesn't mean I have to cheer for them.

Floyd, I have a lift, but it only has one lift point. Razz C'mon, Powerball! That's what I'll need to get one, and the garage tall enough to put it in. I'm taking ET out of the driver's seat, so I'm able to get up ok still so far. I'm not a scotch drinker, but I like me some good steaks, along with a bunch of other tasty vittles.

Fern, same as above, it will take a Powerball win to get a toasty warm garage. While I'm wishing, maybe I can have a pony too. Big Grin I try to do as much as I can as well, for the same reason, and I've blamed me for a lot of things. I'm a dumb a s s sometimes.

Nick, congrats on the final! Tight one at the stripe, and we've all done that. I'm glad to hear someone is racing, and getting warm weather. Racing this weekend?

You all have a good night!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening guy's .... How we all doing getting by that hump day. I know you think I'm rubbing this in , but I'm just reporting what going on. Last couple of days its been down right hot 81 right now.. If its that hot in January what's the summer months going to bring, I just hope we see a few cold fronts come this way before Spring!

Chuck, the two Arizona tracks have filled just about every weekend up thru the second week of April , that's is when Spring Fling happens. I just added up the entry fees and it came to $1585 and then buybacks on some of those races...Spring Fling this year is $675 with another $360 in buybacks , I have a lot of options. This weekend is a 2 day race and I'm thinking Sunday only, as last weekend I raced in three events .

Still want my Ice Cream to be Rocky Road....

Have a Great evening and hope your Thursday is a Good one!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well my flex plate came today and I finished jacking the car up--its a start. Looks like duelly needs new batteries. Heading to Durham tomorrow for a VA trip Friday. May get to work on car soon
I remember those days RED---I went a whole year without the top up on my car one year---cruisin!!!

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!
It's the one'th of February.
Just sayin!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Day off, had a colonoscopy this morning. All good, really whole thing wasn't bad overall. And really, compared to what women go through, it's nothing. My sister drove me, and when I made that comparison, she said this is how you know God is a man.

Nick, I'm good with it being winter, still saving funds not racing. I need new belts and a new helmet, and want to put new front runners on, and will probably need to have a set of PBRs in the garage for some point this season. Speaking of ice cream... the Milkshake Factory had buy one get one free for hot chocolate yesterday, and that included the hot chocolate shake. I couldn't have any. I'm planning on making up for that tomorrow after work!

Fern, that is a start. Every step forward is progress, in my book. Good luck at the VA tomorrow.

Floyd, it is. Less than 60 days to mashing the loud pedal for me.

You all have a good day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, we will be at Bakersfield for the March Meet 4 weeks from today.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The groundhog was his shadow yesterday so we have 6 more weeks of winter. I don't know if I can handle 6 more weeks of this high 70* to low 80* days. Come on summer so we can warm up.
It's so Hot

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you're having a good weekend. It's snowing again at the moment, couple of inches coming this way I guess, followed by a full week of winter. It makes for an interesting walk at the park I go to, traction becomes an issue. And I can go walk on water, a different way to be out on the lake, when it's frozen over.

Floyd, that's great, that's on the list for me someday to get out and see. It would be a nice winter break. I think I could make the adjustment to that weather ok. Big Grin

Go Eagles!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn straight guys. Eagles won. What an awesome thing to be part of. One of the biggest moments during my time.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening to all ....had a great weekend , this 80 degree weather is nice . Worked on car all day Saturday and went to the track Sunday. Time run went well after three guys helping me with A electric problem that cause me not to have a fuel pump . Got down to three car and then fell asleep. Raced all heavy hits that are all very good friends too. Third round laid down a 8 pack.

That’s all I got

Have a great weekk to everyone !!!

Relaxingm

Was home early enough to see the second half of the game....great game too

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Started working on the race car this afternoon. Sure takes a lot longer at my age to get it done but at least it is warm in my garage....will get after it tomorrow good Lord willing. Shouldn't have to do so much work just to replace a flex plate. But you know where it will bite you if you don't fix it. Hey good job Nick

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Over center day, y'all, hope it's been a good one. Winter won't die, a few inches of snow and a little ice, pedaled the Jetta this morning like a Top Fueler trying to keep it in my lane. Cold tomorrow. I'm ready for spring.

1258, great game, glad the title is in PA, even if it's on the wrong side of the state. Big Grin Going to the parade tomorrow?

Nick, nice job, runner up and semis, going rounds! Send some of that warm weather east, please.

Fern, get it all buttoned up? For sure, they will bite you if you don't fix it right.

You all have a good night!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all .... hope everyone is nice and toasty not too cold, sure wish I could send some of this hot stuff to you , running around 82 to 84 and be the same for the next four days then I’ll go back down to 77. Sure wish we could get a little winter just to kill the bugs. Heard it was a great game I got back early enough to see it but fell asleep on the couch . And the fans went crazy, at least that’s what my wife tells me I didn’t see much it. Hope everything goes well at the parade,those fans deserve that big win was a long time coming.

Chuck, thanks for those words.. Like they say much more fun to go rounds !!!

Fern, you always seem to have a lot going on, I would hate to try to keep up with you....

Floyd, Yeah take some time go out of my Pomona and watch the big boys race this year , Your big March races coming up fast hope you go and enjoy...

Everyone have a great day do something fun

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Started putting it back together yesterday. Guess I am about 1/2 done. A lot of work and only takes 5 min to remove and replace the flex plate---its all you have to do to get to it. Rained all day but was about 60, always warm in the garage. Looks like I might make Galot my home track this year, maybe. If I don't just go here and there. Have to miss Loose Rocker race at VMP as Grand Daughter is getting married that weekend and just feel priced out of some others I always liked. My diminished skills decrease the ROI a lot. We will see...Back to work

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Where is everyone? Nick is in Pamona I think---Finished car yesterday so it is now ready to go, I think. Was about 70 here without a cloud in the sky yesterday but raining today.....won't be long now.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Our weather has turned cool and we have rain projected next week.
We've got just a little ovor 2_weeks till the March Meet and Marty is in Australia on business and some vacation. He should be back the week before we go but he is having a ball with helicopter rides, boat rides and doing all the tourist stuff with my daughterinlaw. I hope he doesn't decide to stay.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you're having a good weekend. 50s and rainy yesterday and today, feels good. I think I'll fire up the '69 today, it's been a little bit since I have. Looking forward to watching the show from Pomona, just to see some racing today.

Nick, that's the one benefit of the real winter here, hoping it knocks down the bugs some, particularly skeeters and lyme carrying ticks. When is your next race?

Fern, glad you got it all done and you're ready to go. Galot looks like a really cool track. Keep out there having fun, keeps you young, and gives me a goal to shoot for. I want to still be racing an Olds just like you are, when I get to your age. 7 weeks to KRP's opening day.

Floyd, I hope you can suffer through your "cold" weather out there. Big Grin Man, Australia, nice! Sounds like all the good and fun tourist stuff.

You all have a great day!