DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, I know it isn't Lewis or Clark.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It might be Tongue

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
red do you have any idea what my name is?????everyone knows fern but that came in the late 70s

Don, I know what your real name is, Rolling LOL
Now what ever happen to the wagon ,or is this mistaken identity..... Eyes WOW!!!

I always thought you always run olds, will the real Don Anderson please stand UP!! LOL

No matter what.... this is a small ,small world we live in.....

https://www.facebook.com/events/912027742199807/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No that wagon is not me----when I lived in Mesa I had a 59 El Camino with a 409 motor. Might have raced the Ford a few times at the Air Force base in Tucson in 58--59 but I didn't have a race car then----but that wagon isn't me and I don't know who it is. Sorry Busted I raced a lot of strange things---Corvair, Buick Riveria, 65 GTO, Lots of Olds and Pontiacs.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fwern, are you the white horses or the black ones?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning happy Friday !!! Made another week of pure heaven.... LOL NOT
Been raining a little in SoCa , hope not at home big reunion planned at the track on Saturday ...love seeing old friends

Fern, that red 57 water wagon was Donnie Anderson...One of my hero's back I the day,sponsored by Frank Townsend , who also worked with my very favorite driver of all time Kevin Rotty. Kevin campaigned a PRO Stocker . His Camaro could be seen all over being pulled around by a huge station wagon on a open trailer... Gotta love it....

Well everyone Have a great weekend , if your racing good luck! If not do something you love to do... I'll be at the track with a lot of old timers hearing story's from the pass,, oh and eating some Ice Cream....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Fingers crossed that the weather forecast gets better for tomorrow. Right now, looks like we may be getting wet just about the time we're in first round of eliminations. Good luck to those that are racing, have fun whatever you're doing. Just make sure it includes some ice cream. You deserve it. Have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wife just called from home , said backyard weather station has been showing gust between 55-60 MPH ........the dog will only crawl when outside.... Eyes

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
You've got rain, lightning, thunder and a lot of water coming your way.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
So now the Tucson dragway Reunion will be in the rain , I don't know if I have screws in my rain tires......

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd that's me back there on the left---I got the bye run Big Grin

J 178 I do know who Kevin Rotty. Who was the guy that always raced the Ramblers?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
The New Breed guys , my spelling is wrong but that was Joe Antonilie... Had three or four AMx's and a rambler scrambler ... The 6 cylinder car was deadly ..

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Finally had a day of no rain yesterday. Was pretty nice out. Looks like this Sunday I'll be heading to the track to try running in Street and Pro. Get some time under my belt.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend, and remembered your mothers. We got almost through time trials before getting rained out. Ah well. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I can get new valve springs on, and see if that's the cause of my high rpm miss.

J, I love the AMCs. I have friends with 2 AMXs, a '69 and a '70. They opened my eyes to a lot of different cool rides. And my buddy Matt Obertanec does fair to middlin' in his Spirit. Big Grin

1258, same over here, beauty of a day yesterday. Nothing like seat time, I hope it goes well for you.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Everything shuts down Mothers day weekend in NC--Even NASCAR. Need to make a couple of passes before Motor Mile. I started it up in the trailer to show it some love. Anyone on here ever tried lately to tune up an OLD car? My 65 GTO hadn't been tuned up in more than 10 years so I decided to do it Sat---Had a set of new plugs, but had to go to parts store for points. After 2 trips, 30mi each round trip, to town for parts that "were right for that car" I gave up and did the old school method and filed the old ones smooth and reinstalled them. Used my 40 year old dwell meter to adjust them, checked the timing and now all is good---I finished it this morning so a 30 min job took all of 2 days. Young guys probably never heard of a dwell meter Big Grin You all have a good day

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern, I can tell you that I have never heard of this dwell meter you speak of. Heck I'm not that knowledgeable with tuning and figuring problems out, I'm just a good driver when I get seat time.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1258 surprised you heard of points Wink Sun is out and looks like another nice day here. Mama seemed ok last night but its still a nursing home and that leaves a lot to be desired. Where are you Mike, you started this so get your a$$ back in here. You all have a good day.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rainy day here, matches my mood, Pirates frustrating me last night. Wasting decent pitching, need to win these in division games.

Fern, I am not young! Big Grin My dad gave me the one I have, I think it came from a friend of his. It's still on the shelf in the garage. Really only used it one time. My first Cutlass, '68, all stock, 2 barrel, just headers and duals. My best friend and I changed points, cap, and rotor, set the dwell, car ran best it ever did. Then I wrecked going home that very night swerving to miss a car that swung into my lane.

You all have a great day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning folks.

Chuck sorry to hear about your Pirates. Our Phillies are doing a lot better than expected by most, but the season is still young and so is our team. Even though they were projected to be the worst team in baseball again by Vegas, I never count them out until they play the game.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Halfway through the week.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
OK who's has heard from Mike ? OH...Good Afternoon everyone.... Anybody got plans for this weekend ? Hum