DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike its colder than a well diggers ass in the Klondike here. Mama was in a good mood last night. I got her a new play toy that lets here type out what she has to say so I hope it works. Floyd what a way to start the day--Mike you got to take care of your self, you aren't 20 years old and in perfect shape anymore. Everyone have a good day.

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Almost painfully cold out there this morning. Makes me want to nap. Good to see you stopping in Rooster, Footloose, Chris.

Steelers fought hard, hung with one of the toughest defenses in the league, in their house. Peyton is still Peyton, and their D came up with the big play, forcing Toussaint to fumble. What an end of the Cardinals-Packers game! I think whoever gets in from the NFC is who I'm pulling for this year, aside from my pool numbers.

1258, you could have brought some of that California warmth back to PA, instead of the cold/flu bug. Though, I'm sure that would have been your preference too. Big Grin

Nicely said, Bucky. Life is too short, and we get too many reminders of that.

Mike, be careful out there. Especially in this cold.

Floyd, if you have time, take a nap for me, too. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
good morning ChuckT

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Still painfully cold out there.

Rooster, you up and crowing that early, or heading to bed?? Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to everybody , weather around here here is wet. Not raining, just a heavy drizzle.
Looks like El Niño is working so far...

Mike , Chuck, Fern and everyone have a Great Day....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had to go to the grocery store---forgot they were calling for a dusting of snow----that place was packed....anyway Ferns got milk bread and toilet paper. All I wanted was some razor blades and shampoo.....headed for the drug store. Everyone have a good day

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good day everyone,it's started snowing here I've got my milk and bread for my milk sammiches,lol,yea Fern I had to pick up meds yesterday so I grabbed a few extra's cause I'm in and don't plan on getting out till the mess is gone I do not need anything broke so I'm in............

Hope everybody has a good wed.and stay safe hey Rooster........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! I have never lived in a place that gets snowed in.... it seems you have to plan ahead, my only planning goes to this Saturdays race...LOL

That was not nice, sorry ahead of time... LOL

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not really RED You live in the country and go to the store once a month other than milk and you don't get involved in that panic......I was once holed up for 28 days with no electric, phone, nothing and couldn't get out. Wood stove, gravity fed spring water, and lots of food put up for the winter any way. I ran the generator 2 hours everyday to keep the freezer working----but these nuts around here are buying a months worth of food and we might get 1 inch----crazy.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's supposed to warm up to about 70 today here in SoCal. Too bad I gotta work one more day before my long weekend. Buddy and I could enjoy the weather and maybe get something done outside. I still gotta get the race truck out of the trailer so I can service it before the March Meet. I ain't never been this lazy before.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. I think where I'm at, we are getting about a foot of snow. Not really that worried about it.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes 1258, it looks that way--exactly why I moved from Baltimore to NC 10 winters ago. Big Mike gonna get some up on the mountain also, Chuck gotta get out the shovel to. I am border line sleet/snow/maybe. But its cold as a witches tit here. Floyd I struggle to get out of bed at 8am when its cold. Its a "old thing". Have a good one everyone, coffee is ready Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! We got a couple inches or so yesterday afternoon. Might be a little warm up for Friday/Saturday, but looks like it's really just another day in January in Pittsburgh, 3-6 inches. It does make getting up the private lane a little challenging. I'm grateful a neighbor runs his Gator with a plow down it.

Fern, cracks me up, the news up here was showing stores in VA sold out of milk and bread. They didn't show the TP aisle. My buddy and I were talking about it this morning. What do you need so badly that you can't go a day or so without it? Bad planning.

J, that's ok. It doesn't get a billion degrees here in the summer. Big Grin

Floyd, anything need done, or basic change the oil, go through the valves, regular maintenance?

1258, you are getting more than us. Be safe over there.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for asking me to be safe. Personally I love driving in the snow. I wish I had a plow truck, especially with how low the gas prices are now.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of LittleRiver
posted Hide Post
You all mentioned Baltimore, Run 8 mini vans on a load from Newport News to Childs street in Baltimore 5 days a week, they pulled the plug on us this morning said enjoy the weekend. Bridge froze over last night on the beltway was a flipping mess one of our trucks sat 5 hours waiting early hours so its going to be fun in that area tomorrow evening.
You guys hunker down up there and stay home.

Posts: 11 | Location: Elizabeth City/Nixonton NC | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Little river I hunkered down to NC 10 years ago. But some of my kids still live there and I have 3 rental properties up there.....Fern keeping warm in central NC---might not get anything but the Natives are ready---grocery stores empty

DRR Trophy
Picture of LittleRiver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Little river I hunkered down to NC 10 years ago. But some of my kids still live there and I have 3 rental properties up there.....Fern keeping warm in central NC---might not get anything but the Natives are ready---grocery stores empty

Girl I date did the grocery run today, shes on the beach at OBX. Headed over Saturday. I doubt we see anything there, and charts have it coming right up to the beach area but rain mostly i'm sure.
Always coming back down empty out of Baltimore. Any of you guys need something dropped in Richmond or over towards the South East corner let me know. More than happy to get it down for you.
Stay warm, cuddle up with mama and ride it out guys. What ever it is you forgot to do that ain't at home can wait.

Posts: 11 | Location: Elizabeth City/Nixonton NC | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning you guys , just about it go to sleep when I thought I would check in.... All this talk about snow, Saturday looks real good for racing....weather looks in low 70s , car has doors and fenders on but still no hood.... LOL
Hope it starts after 6 weeks of sitting on blocks being cut up like a pig, no big deal a little starter fluid and here we go. Doubling up in S/ST and Super Pro so the car will get a work out....
I have finally got the track to have the run order changed so there is a class between the two.... Not that it matters, but I'll be able to relax some not playing the hot lappin and then waitin game.....

Hope everyone is doing good and staying warm , burrrr .... Never lived where it snows a lot so I have no history to fill in the blanks ....

Well, have a great weekend !!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good early morning folks,I think my napping is checking up with my night sleep,oh well cant be out in the snow noway,dont need anymore broke parts and the snow mite rust my prost leg,lol,........... No No............

Found me a electric wheelchair at a good deal in mt.airy called the lady tonight and setup a time to pick it up,that is if the snow dont get to deep,dont really need one but it was only used a couple of times and she wants it out of the house so I got a good deal,hopefully I wont need it but theyre pretty high priced so Ill hang onto it and Ill have it if I do need it,well you all stay safe out and about Im staying put till the weather staightens up,Fern you be carefull out and about we dont need you breaking anything,we would have to get you a double bed room with mom,ao be careful,lol........... Hum.....................

J Little River Chuck and the rest of the gang have a gooden................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
50 Degrees here in Alabama thunder storms and Tornado watches Eyes

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post