DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's 48* here and supposed to get up to 70. I don't care. I went to the pantry and I got a couple of cans of beans, a can of spam, couple of cans of vienny sausages, couple of packages of gravy mix. I can weather any storm that comes our way.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd thats regular food in these parts. You forgot the crackers---Big snow here---I can still see the grass. Big Mike those electric deals are great for doing the Flea at the farm. Told Mama I wouldn't be there today and she was ok with that. I might go out in the garage and look at my race car---still no motor but it is warm in there. You all have a good day

Posts: 6218 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, that's regular food for me too. I've got Ritz crackers, just for got to mention them.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looks like we're on the light edge of this storm, 2-4", depending on how far west and north it pushes. Looks like the worst will come through overnight, so that timing is better for most people. The World of Wheels car show is this weekend, helped the track set up the display area and cars last night. I might skip tonight if the snow starts flying, but I'll be in the booth tomorrow and Sunday. Some cool rides in there, giving me a little fix.

LittleRiver, sounds like you have a good place to be for the weekend.

J, good luck tomorrow. Let us know how you do. Send me a pic of the current look. I'll try to remember to upload all the pics and put 'em on here.

Mike, be careful up there on the hill. And I'm thinking you made need wheelie bars on that e-chair. Tongue I have to remember to post a couple more pics in the groups too, a couple from the bunch I posted last night.

Footloose, tornadoes are some scary stuff. Be careful out there.

Floyd, you forgot your sippin' beverage! Big Grin

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
morning all.
24* not much snow but sleet is getting deeper.
Keeping the fire burning and sipping hot chocolate peppermint snop's(hot peppermint pattie). One of those couldn't sleep much nights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4235 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I probably shouldn't bring it up but it's only supposed to get to 63* here today. Guess Buddy and I better hunker down and stay war.
According to the weather channel it's 11* over Mikes way and snowing. Hope hes got his generator ready cause they say power outages are all over the place. Probably got too much snow to fire up that Minnie Winnie and head south.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Christmas

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Iced in here---couldn't even go see Mama yesterday and it looks like I won't be able to go tonight either. So far got power. Hope Mike is good up on the mountain. Everyone have a good day---

Posts: 6218 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good snowy morning to all,yea I'm good Fern I've knot been out and not going out till most of it is gone,ain't taking no chances of hurting anything else............

Well Fern,Floyd,and all you other folks go easy and be safe out there,see ya'll later...........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn we got hit good. Will take a long time before the snow melts around here.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone----even though we didn't get much it is ICE. The main roads are for the most part fine but the secondary ones are solid ice. I went to see Mama yesterday (Sun) and what a long awful ride because so many of my normal roads were impassable. But it was worth it to see her smile. Anyway Mike you stay in, 1258 they had 30in at my daughters in Baltimore so everyone up that way hope you get out soon and Floyd---don't even mention your temp WinkEveryone else have a good day

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern is your wife in Rehab since the stroke? My mom stayed a while then I took her everyday for outpatient therapy,I basically quit my job 2yrs ago to take care of her at home. I am trying to go back to work at least 35 hrs a week. Mommas fixing to be 81 yrs young.She lives in a hospital bed about 23 hrs a day. Can you get into a room where you can stay the night with her? I pray to God that he will heal many problems for you both.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
She is in a rehab place. Supposed to be the best in the state, would hate to see the worst. I am 75 years old and our home is out in the sticks which makes it impossible to bring her home. Its 60 mile from here and wouldn't be practical to not come home every day + no room at rehab. Its a hand full for sure. Sent you a PM footloose

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! At my place, ended up with 8-10", and was fine with that, seeing what my friends south and east of me were dealing with, locally and further away. The custom car show was this weekend, and I thought by the time I had dug out, and made my way down mid afternoon Saturday, it would be mostly clear, and it was. The one on ramp wasn't, and that gave me a free thrill ride. Didn't hit anything, and was able to drive out of it. Good time at the car show, always good seeing racing friends in the off season. I hope all affected by the storm are doing ok, outside of maybe some sore backs. It was bad enough shoveling what I got, been about 6 years since I've have to shovel that much.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Lets rent a plane and go stay at Floyds house Big Grin Hey its gonna hit 60 deg. here today in Alabama Eyes

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Warming up here today too, mid 40s, before going back to more winter like, but still not bad for Pittsburgh in January.

Footloose, if ever I hit the lottery, we may just do that! Floyd, I'll even buy the prime rib for you to cook! Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening to all, I really felt sick watching the weather for all you Northwest racers. It looked like no fun at all. Glad you guy's did not have any major problems.

Chuck, I wish I had better news about racing this weekend. In Super pro I had Bryan Downing
in His S/C dragster , I had the better light .017 against his .025 but gave it back to him by .0017.... One blurppp to many... LOL
In S/ST I was #1 qualifier with a 10.905 right off the trailer, down to six lost. Had the tree by 5 thou, but put 6 hundreds to much in the timer so I could get their. He ran 10.904 and I was 10.921. Made a little cash , even in Super Pro. They gave me $25 for having a better light and still losing ....LOL

You guys have a great hump day...... Double Thumbs up

Looks like you guys should be warming to in the
50s this weekend...... Big Grin

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Come on out, Guys, I can handle that. Looks like we are going to have some of the best weather in the country for the next few days. I better start figuring out what I'm going to grill this weekend.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Floyd it would be fun to come out that way I'm always dressed for warm days shorts and most of the time t-shirt and Mannies the same way,but it takes $ to travel and I ain't got enough to get the n.c. stateline,lol,and that's about 10 mile away.................

Chuck I don't know who to pull for in the Super Bowl,I do like Manning he's a stand up guy,and I like to pull for someone it's more fun than not caring who wins,mite flip a coin......lol.........

Well hope everyone one has a good wed Fern you behave and tell mom Tater man said hello,see ya'll after bit.................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Another slow week for me. Nothing too interesting happening. A few new hires for the company started in our department.

No new racing news for me.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone---Mike every time I mention the Tater man Mama smiles real big and shakes her head and that is a good thing. Supposed to warm up some so I may go to the garage and walk around since I still don't have a motor......supposed to warm up next few days. Won't be long now Big Grin