DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all. Woke up on the couch, figured I'd say hi before going to bed for a little. If you're not on Mark's CaringBridge page, there were 69 cars in the procession, led by Mark's '69 on a flatbed driven by Mark Jr, and ended by a friend's '69 on a flatbed. A good number of friends brought their cars out on a drizzly gray morning to pay tribute, in addition to all the cars in the earlier pic I posted. '64 Fairlane, '69 Camaro, '66 Olds 442, '66 Olds 4 door, '65 Impala, '68 Shelby Mustang convertible, '69 GTO. After the service, it was off to the track, for Mark to take one more win light. I talked to Christine Thursday night, and she was doing pretty good.

The Camaro and Olds in front of the funeral home:

The crowd watching the last pass:

Staged up:

Hard to see, I'll replace it if I get a better image:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Chuck, that is so cool. Drag racers are a loyal and emotional family. When my Diane passed there was standing room only at the funeral. The following weekend there was a tribute for her at the track. She never made a pass on the track. She video taped and made up tapes and gave them to people. They staged a run between my son and I as a memorial to Diane. He broke on the burnout and my old truck made the fastest pass ever. I couldn't see the shift lite ftom the tears in my eyes.
Drag racers are a great bunch of people. Car

Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
That's awesome, Chuck... Thanks for sharing

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hawks:
REDNECK TEXTING..............M Y G A L T D ,S Y A L L,P A A L Y,Y H A G.......................

NOW YA'LL QUESS THAT ONE.................... Confused Tongue Big Grin.......................

Love ya Ma..................................... hug Praying..........................................

in red: "Y'all Have A Good'n"

most of the rest?.. Well, i'm with you fellers

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Bob j....
posted Hide Post
ChuckT thats awesome...the whole is...well all except the passing of Mark.... RIP

GOD will bless all you folks that try to comfort Christine... Praying

life is like a jalopeno,what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow

Posts: 3970 | Location: oHIo | Registered: October 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ""PAT McCROTCH
posted Hide Post
CHUCK THAT WAS REAL COOL Smile
MORNING ALL WELL ITS A SUNNY DAY HERE IN TN.
ON THE ROCK PILE THIS MORNING.
HAD A HAM AND EGG BISCUIT THIS MORNING

HANG EM HIGH

Posts: 1023 | Location: RED**** FLA. | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning all.
It's cold here in northeast Oklahoma, and i don't like it. Thinking it might be time to go visit the condo in Florida.
Y'all stay warm and have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Sun's a shinin' out here in the desert but it is cold! Got down in the 40's last night! I know you all laugh at 40 degrees being cold but until you have felt the "desert cold" you don't know what "cold" is! It is different than the "cold" I felt when I lived in the Chicago area but I think "Oklahoma cold" with the wind is the worst in the world! Tried "processin" 150 head of steer calves at the growing feedlot we had years ago in Erik, OK and had to have a wood burnin' stove to keep the vaccine from freezin' after we took it outa the refrigerator!
Those pictures were great Chuck! A great tribute to a very fine gentleman and I hope Ma get's her feet under her and move forward. I am sure that Mark wants her "To make the best better!" And I am sure she has the inner strength to take on that challenge! You all have a good weekend and stay warm! Eyes Praying Angel hug Hum not worthy Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It;s cold.
Have a gooden.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM I SMELL THE BACON FRYING Tongue AND THE BISCUITS BAKING, MMMMMMMMMMMMBREAKFAST IS GOING TO BE SO GOOD Sleep Sleep DAMN I WAS JUST DREAMING I WAS WOKE BY A CAN OF WHOP BISCUITS HITTING THE STOVE AND WHATS THAT BACON IN THE NUKE MACHINE,, Praying Praying MIKE I NEED SOME OF THAT CANA COOKING COME ON IN AND COOK UP SOME GOOD BREAHFAST FOR US ALL,,,, MR TWAIN not worthy

HANG EM HIGH

Posts: 1023 | Location: RED**** FLA. | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Pat, it's cold and rainy out here so I'm goin to settle for sausage and egss and sourdough toast. That's the best I can do in this weather. It's too wet to go to the store and get some whop biscuits, but ya know I think I'll get some and keep them in the fridge for next time.
Praying Praying Angel hug for Christine

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Some eggs, hash browns, sausage gravy, bacon, and some biscuits sound good this morning. Dam now i'm hungary.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Well, had my everyday breakfast again this mornin'! Quaker's oatmeal with brown sugar and maple and a cup of hot tea! Ever since the surgery on my intestines, coffee didn't settle real well so switched to hot tea. That way "Ma Brewer" and I can set around sip our tea in the mornin's and don't have to crank up the coffee pot! Need to go get some more 10' conduit today to use as posts for my plastic fence around the wife's iris so the dog will quit digging in them. Got one batch protected but failed to do the other little area and the dog's found it now! Daughter, her hsuband and their three kids have all been up at the south rim of the Grand Canyon elk huntin'! Wife got text from daughter yesterday sayin' they hadn't got anything yet. She will be headin' home today but her husband is gonna stay a few more days with the toy hauler in hopes of gettin' somethin'! He takes his '46 Jeep with him in the toy hauler. It has been down below zero up there at nights the past few days and a snow storm is expected tomorrow! We got a little sprinkle this mornin' and they say we might even get a quarter inch of rain tomorrow! That will be a "flood" around here! Eyes Laughing hug Hum Tongue Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Ok,Who left the door open up North,You're letting my cathead biscuits got cold,and why is it that if heat raisies,it's always colder up North,so many Questions so little time............................................

Ok boys and girls breakfast is a littlelate this morning but it is sunday,so we have some cathead biscuits this morning with a big cast iron pan of gravy made with some country ham grease that I saved from frying a pan of country ham this morning,be hard to get country ham grease out of say,sausage Laughing ...and yes I left a few pieces of ham in the bottom of the pan,got eggs fixed anyway you want them,sunny side up,down,scambled,burnt,overdone,or bearly hitting the fry pan,(juiciy)anyway you like,and yes Mouse Hash browns just for you,after all that moving you been doing,you ought to get some of what you want,Pat I fixed you a mess of fatback meat fried up crispy and ready to eat,you hit me as liking to eat,kinda like myself,so I got you a jar of freah strawberry jam out this morning,ifn you want it with some of them catheads,and fresh butter,from old Bess,speaking of old Bess her **** was even cold this morning,when I went out to milk her this morning,so I throwed the old space heater under there for a couple of minutes to thaw things out,and them there **** warmed right up,wander ifn that would work on the wife,well I won't go there,well ya'll come and get it,and shut the door on the north and south side this morning or it'll be grab a cold tater and wait till supper.............. Eyes Tongue I'm stupid Laughing ................................

Well ya'll have a goooooden and come on back for supper,cause I'll be having a surprise for supper,and it ain't a cold tater Scott........................................
Prayers all around and God Bless all,who are in need and all who are sick and have lost loved ones,just remember in times of troubles,that they are a greater power and he is watching over all of us,with love and caring and patience,that we can't even understand............................. hug Angel.......................................And special prayers for MaB,I love ya and am praying for you 24/7..........................................

Dear Lord thank you for all your blessings and all your wonderful love,please be with MaB and the Wh@le Brewer Family as they go through the next while trying to deal with the passing of Mark,and comfort their Hearts,and Lord please put in our hearts and minds the reason for the up coming season,and help us share with others the real reason for the season and let us all love one another the way you have loved us,God Bless all and keep all safe,in your precious name ............AMEN...........................................................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
sounds wonderful this morning Mike, b'fast too! I fixed a sausage, egg, croissant, cheese baked dish last Sunday morning but fried the sausage in the iron skillet & then left some & made gravy for the side dish~Rick said the best ever, I'm thinking I just hadn't made it in a while Wink

Pat is a very finicky eater, we've noticed when cooking at the track, wondering what he'll have to say about the fat back Hum

The snow is fun, decorating the tree-full of animated Hallmark & toys. Rick & I worked in the shop last night on the Camaro, I drilled out rivets, we took all the lexan out, cut out roll bar, (making me nervous...I'm like "you do know I'm wanting to race in Feb right???" lol)

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
CRISP FATBACK IS GOOD BUT SURE DOES RUN THAT BP UP.AIN'T HAD NOME IN A WHILE, NO FATBACK EITHER . CAN'T WAIT FOR SUPPER help

HANG EM HIGH

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Pat you'll get a kick out of this one,an old buddy of mine went to the dr.one day the nurse said,I need you to fill out this form for me sir,and he said,mam I can't read or write,did'nt finish my schooling,so she said thats ok sir,I'll help you,and he said ask away,well she ask his name and age and address and ph.#,and then she came to the sex question and he said last October............ Eyes Eek Tongue.....................this was Dec. ....................True story,ifn I'm lying,I'm dying........................................... Laughing Rolling Laughing ...................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Speaking of supper, my kids want me to do another prime rib so I'm headed over to my son's to fix it. He gets to fix the rest. He's also got a nice bottle of JW Black Label for me. I'm going to have a wonderful evening.
Praying Angel hug

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Chuck thanks so much for sharing the pictures. . Ma still praying for ya Praying hug

Good to catch up with the rest of ya . . . sorry I missed breakfast. . . . Had cinnamon rolls here. . . . then finished up getting stuff ready for PRI. . . . Then off the club volleyball meeting. . . .

Crazy is starting around here again. . .

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It has been a long week and a half. This week I will be playing secretary at The Motorworks for Christine as she has some things to tend to.

Everyone seems to be sick and I am praying that I don't get it now too. Between yesterday and this morning they are all waking up with sore throats, guess from all the hugging and kissing they did. Going to try and ward it off before I get it too.

Definitely not the same with Mark gone, Joe and I have been spending nights back and forth between there and our home.

It was fitting to go to the race track and watch Mark make a pass down the track, even though our Mustang shut down on us on the way to the track, everyone in the funeral procession were wondering what we were doing when they saw us pull over and jump out of the car. So much for me and Mom wanting ice cream, that will teach us.

In case some of you want Mom's address...
Christine Brewer
8253 State Route 819
Greensburg PA 15601

Heading to bed early for a change. Goodnight...SONYA.

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post