DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Christine, Michelle, Mike and Y'all. I'm thinking and praying for you.
Last day of a long weekend.
I had dinner Friday night with 2 of my kids, 4 of my grandkids and my first wife whom I've been divorced from since 1975. It was very pleasant. I think it's only the second time I've seen her in over 30 years. How is that for "strange". We had a nice time.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey Floyd,is that one of them DODODODO moments................ Wink Big Grin..............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, we didn't talk much about the past. It was nice.

How are you doing? You are still in the horsepistol aren't ya? Do you get out today?
I got a couple of 9 volt batteries that need to be re-charged. Can you take care of that for me?

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Yea Floyd send dem batterys on out,I'll gettum charged for you,I got such a glow on me now,that last night they sit me in the hall and turned all the lights off to save money,I told em thats fine as long as they take it off my bill........................... Tongue Laughing ...................And I'm still here in the Horsepitial thay act like they want to keep me till mon.we'll see when the Dr. comes around,I maybe sitting on the side of the bed,with my laptop in hand and my wal-mart bag with my clothes in it,and say it's been fun,but I gotta go........................................................... Wink Big Grin.............................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yoy just be carefull and don't do anything to make you sweat. You might short circuit. Laughing Rolling

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
"Ma" Brewer (sorry just can't bring myself around to calling you Christine) even though I have never met you and most likely won't (unless you develop a big hunger for sunshine),
I want you to know that your "inner strength" will pull you through these dreary days! Keep yourself occupied, go racing, go shopping or go do whatever you enjoy doing but tire yourself out and get some rest! God only knows how badly you need the rest! I wish I was in your "neighborhood" to help not only offer moral support but what little physical support a 68 year old crippled old man can offer cause financially I can't offer much being on Social Security. Cancer, in all forms, is one big political football and get's punted around all the time! The fact is, they can't afford to find a cure for one of the deadliest diseases of mankind because it would put to many people out of work and create unemployment roles like we have never seen before! Until another major health problem comes along to take cancer's place, finding a cure would be kinda like me volunteering to be drug through a patch of prickly pear cactus! It ain't gonna happen no matter how much money is forced down their throats! I hate to say that but facts are facts and until we get some folks with common sense back running this country like our founding fathers did we are going to have all kinds of health issues kicked around like a soccer ball on a field with no goals! God Bless you and your family! Hang in there as I am sure "bad" time will turn "good" again for you! crying Eyes Banging Head No No Sorry Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Back to work we go.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ""PAT McCROTCH
posted Hide Post
ALREADY ON THE ROCK PILE crying DONE ALREADY HAD SAUSAGE AND EGG BISCUIT AND A GRAVY BISCUIT. Tongue Tongue
GOT B ACK FROM THE TRACTOR FEST AT THE FARM MAN THE FARMALLS WERE OUT IN BIG NUMBERS,AND YES I SAW A 8N FORD THERE ALSO Sleep Sleep Red Face

BUT WE HAD FUN TRIED TO KNOCK THE WALL DOWN 3TILL HAD FUN TRING TO KNOCK DOWN THE WALL

HANG EM HIGH

Posts: 1023 | Location: RED**** FLA. | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
COSH SO MUCH HAS HAPPEN IN A SHORT TIME
SORRY FOR YOUR LOST MA crying Angel

MIKIE YOU GOING TO B OK MISSED YOU THIS WEEKEND Confused

HANG EM HIGH

Posts: 1023 | Location: RED**** FLA. | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Folks,good to wake up in my little old camper,it's about the same size as the horsepitial room I was in,and yea Pat I'm a hoping to be ok,thats one of the weirdest things that I have ever had happen to me,and they have been a few weird accients happened,but I seem to fell ok,just kinda weak,I figure it will wear off,and I trying to get breakfast ready,where having a light breakfast this morning,since the Dr.said eat light and do the 2200 cal.diabetic diet and it'll help you get staightened out,so lets see,well start off with eggs,tenderloin,hashbrown taters with cheese,onions and peppers,and a little pan off spoon biscuits this morning,no catheads this morning Floyd(Western Dad)and a pan of creme gravy,that should lighten up the meal,and ofcourse open up a new qt.of apple butter,and a new hunk of jersy butter,that ain't 2200 cal.I don't quess,but its all I can eat this morning,I'm a hoping ya'll will drop in and have some,i don't think I can eat it all.........................................

Speaking of food,they bout staved me to death in that there horsepitial,I'd been ashamed to have killed that poor little boney batam rooster they served me for lunch yesterday(Diner in the country)(lunch in town)the poor little fellar were'nt big enought to kill,his little leg had one little bite of meat on it,and the thigh,well lets say it was skin over the bones and it was skinless,so ya'll get my drift,and the steamed broculli,they forgot to steam,with know cheese at all,so after 3 meals like that it was time to go............

After about 4hrs.of not seeing nobody and no Dr.I said to myself it's time to go,(that what I call myself when talking to myself)and myself agreed,I took off my heart monitor,packed my bolongings in my walmart back,grabbed the box of kleenexxes and extra straws for Mannie(figured I pd.for them) and called the nurse and told her I was ready to go,it was check-out time,well she came running then,she says did the Dr.come by and release you,I said nope I released me,now ifn you would be so kind as to take this IV out of my arm,I'll go,I done turned the machine off for you,she says ifn you leave your Ins.mite not pay,I said I mite not pay noway.

I get my meals free with poor service in a Rest.and I've left Rest.before for poor ser.and I want to go there,I don't want to be here,and the ser. is poor so I'm leaving,and she said ok,with a funny look on her face,it would'nt just about 10mins.the Dr. was in there after not seeing her for about 12hrs.and I told her the same story and she said everything looked good and she was going to release me anyway,I said good just mail the paperwork,I'm going home,she said it'll only take me a min.or two,I said you've done wasted a min.telling me that,she said let me atleast call for a wheelchair,I said I think I can walk,she said I believe you can,but I need you to sign this release form(it's amazing how fast paperwork can get done when they ain't in controll,she says I'll get you a wheelchair Mr.Hawks,I said don't call me Mr. mam call me Mike,when you call me Mr.mam it makes me think you are mad,and I ain't mad I'm just leaving,and I drove myself here,so I'm thinking I can walk out of here,so we walked down to the truck where Hope and Mannie was waiting,I had called them earlier and told her to get to the front gate I was braking out,you can imagion what she was saying,and all I said was be there and huh.....................................

Anyways Hope was sneezing and blow snot and I had,had all the sickness I could stand so I took her home and me and Mannie went to Lonestar,and I ate a 14oz.ribeye and creme taters and had a diet pepsi,cause they don't have DDP,anyways everything that I do seems to be an adventure,but as I say onward and upward,and ya'll say a prayer for that little rooster that lost his life to feed me,that cow,I bet was full grown..................................... Eyes Laughing ...........................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers all around and love ya MaB and a praying for you God Bless all ya'll.........................................Hey Chuck.........................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Mike it is great to hear you are doing good.

MaB still thinking about ya Praying crying hug

Well it is another week so off to get to work before I get fired Smile

Have a great day Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all.
Bittersweet weekend. Loved being with the family and playing with my nieces and nephews, but I'm sad for Christine and the extended Brewer family. That's one of the beautiful things about Mark and Christine. Their extended family is large. Christine mentioned Mike, their employee that is like family. Mike I've known and raced with as long as I've become a regular. I'm sorry for his loss too. Jordan, one of the bike racers at PRP, lost his dad way too soon, and Mark and Christine are family for him. Here's what Jordan posted on the PRP thread:

I can say although my last name is not Brewer, I really feel like I was Mark's son. For all of the times he was there for me from the time I met him. I grew up in his home and with his guidance through everything. I am truly blessed to be considered there adopted son as Ma puts it! She and the boys have all been like family to me and I will always be here! I will never forget that last time Bob and I helped out down at the shop on that motor..... It was truly amazing to watch the master at his craft. There will never be another like Big Brewer but he will be smiling down on us all! We love you Dad!!!!

One more thing, something he always told me:
Jordan, when are you going to give up those 2 wheels and let me build you a fast race car.

I will be waiting to get that car someday Dad! We love you and miss you!

Just about every racer at PRP that knows Mark could tell you some kind of story of how Mark helped them out. That's just the kind of guy he was, and the world needs many many more like him.

Hey Mike! Glad you're home and fine. No more scares, please!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
I wondered what happened to that "banty" rooster and now I know! Mike ate it at the hospital! From the sound of things it's a good thing they didn't give him a cane when he left the hosptial! He woulda cleared off all shelves from his room to the front door on the way out! Know exactly what you mean about the food in them thar places Mike! When I had the clot and they put me on Coumadin one of the things they told me I couldn't have was cranberries of any kind. That is the only thing they told me I couldn't have that I like but they bring me turkey with dressing one day, mashed taters and gravy and Lord and behold, a dinner roll and cranberry sauce! They communicate with each other in those places about like a bunch folks I know that say they are "government officials"! If they had "common sense" they would be considered "dangerous"! I just complete my last physical test this mornin'! Went in for my yearly Medicare physical last week and they did all the pokin' and prodin' and vampired some of my blood and this mornin' I took the second of two stool samples and sealed 'em up and took them directly to the mailbox and put the red flag up! Wife woulda been upset if I had left that stinky envelope laying on the kitchen counter! Bet that mailman wonders what the h*ll someone is sending shyt in the mail for! Well done my stinky duty for the day so let's get 'er done! Now if I can just find out what I got get done! You all have a blessed day, especially "Ma" Brewer! Bless her heart! Praying Angel hug Hum Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
WAKE UP GOOD MORNING ALL
HOPE THIS MORNING FINDS EVERY ONE IN FINE SHAPE

Sleep

HANG EM HIGH

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Pat,you and I must be the only ones working today,sure is good to be up and going,sun a shining here today,talk like tomorrows going to rain again,oh well another day,so oonward and upward......................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers all around and for MaB and God Bless all ya'll,see ya in a bit.............................................

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Good Morning ALL.

Up here it is foggy and cold here. . . yuck No No

Hope ya'll have a good one today.

Praying for ya MaB. Praying hug

And for anyone else that needs it.
Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all. Had to break out the winter coat this morning. Bbrrr. And it's not really cold yet.

hug hug for all, especially my friends the Brewers.
Praying Praying

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's brite sunshiny day here. Well into my first hakf of the work week. I might have to actually do something this week to earn my pay. Got a notice yesterday from SSA that my part B insurance is going up 44 bucks a month. They must think I'm made of money. How do they expect me to be able to buy this if they keep raising the rates?

By goodscotch, shot with FE280,X820,C520 at 2009-12-01

Christine, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
Praying Praying hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Floyd, that really "irks" me! I haven't gotten such a notice yet but probably will shortly. They say our "COLA" (short for Cost Of Living Adjustment) for 2010 is "0", "nada", "kiss my black arse"! Why does it take two years to determine what the "COLA" will be and why doesn't it reflect the costs that really and truly affect senior's cost of living. Fuel is a miniscal affect on our cost of living. If fuel prices are high, we don't travel as much so it is not a true indicator of our cost of living! Insurance costs rise daily and yet influences our cost of living greatly as it is one of fixed costs that we can't really "shop" for good prices and decreases our "disposable" income which we use to buy food and other necessities of life! I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of idiots together and call it "Congress"! They don't have to worry about Social Security and insurance as once they are elected they continue to draw the same wage after they have "served their time" as when they were actually serving and still retain all the benefits as if they were still at "work" (if you can call it that)! It's time for all of us to stand up and tell our legislator's it's time for a "COLA Review" as the current method of calculating it is antiquated and unrealistic of current conditions! Sorry, but I am really "urinated" off at our politicians in both parties in America as I feel they are "leading us away from water" rather than "leading us down the golden path" of retirement! The Mayo Clinic over here says it will no longer accept Medicare patients! Now, ain't that nice? If they can't stab us in the heart, they will stab us in the groin! This is fodder for you younger folks to think about as your "turn in the barrel" is coming and it is going to hurt you more than it has hurt us unless you make changes in how our government operates and who operates it! (Shut up you old phart before you put your foot in your mouth!) Mad Banging Head No No Hum crying No No Eyes Cool

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Sad day for me..
I'm eating my last Turkey sandwich. breast meat, Mayo and cranberry jelly on a whole grain bread. After this is back to the 365 day list of junk I take to work..crying

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post