DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone,late in the day again,trying to be up beat,but seems like a sad day here in Drr country,good young racers a dying out left and right,some racers having bad luck and wrecking their cars,and I posted about Justin Lamb having to have emer.surgery over on sportsman picks,I thought it nice of his Dad to post that over there,so people could change their picks,anyway just kinda sad to day,but as I have said before onward and upward..........................................Someum sorta funny just happened outside my window,while sitting here typing in my 78 winn.brave MH,a crow come flying by and it is so windy today,he was flying sideways and the wind caught him and I believe it must have blew him to South Carolina..... Laughing .......someum funny about it it just disappeared like poof............. Laughing .......Someum else funny happened the other day,Mannie and I was riding down the road and he saw a Crow flying(we have lots of crows around here)he said look Dad it's a black bald eagle,I bout busted,but held it and said yes son thats right they just released them last year,I'll tell him the truth later,I was told one time that saugage and hambuger was the same thing,so when I was a kid I was with my Dad and ordered a hambuger with saugage on it,they had a good laugh,well me to.............so I will tell him the truth afterwhile......................................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers all around and Mark and Ma ya'll be at the top,and all the families that lost loved ones and to all that are sick............God Bless...................

Oh one more thing,the other night coming home from eating supper,and it was raining hard and kinda cool,Mannie said,Dad how does Jesus keep from getting cool up there in heaven,and I said well son I'll have to think about that one a little,and he said maybe we should read the Bible for the answer,and I said to him good answer son,we'll do,and then the part from the Bible came to me,out of the mouths of babes.............did I tell you today I love ya'll and thank God for ya'll and my little boy................ hug...............MH-thinking this Drr board is good for the soul,thanks guys and gals,and Ms Furr I got them picks ready to type in...............woohoo I feel better now,see ya'll..........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, I remember when I was a kid my dad and I would be driving up Bakersfield way and as we would go by the fields he would start naming the crops. I don't if he was right or not but as far as I was concerned he was the smartest man in the world.
God Rest His Soul.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Mine was too,Floyd whatever my Dad told me was always staight up,can't believe the 22 of Nov. he'll be gone a year...........................man I sure miss our talks.......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, unless the scoreboard is wrong Justin Lamb just made a qualifying pass in comp elinator.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
That's what his Dad posted at the botton of the 1st.page on the sportsman pick thread,man that would be cool if it was him,he must be a fast healer...................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mike, he must have had some of those Los Dos tamales flown in. According to the grey goat they cure all. LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Musta been what it was,dat hot stuff must be like that cayane paste I used to rub on my toes when my gout would flair up.................his sister posted on the thread where I started and said he decided to only run comp.I sure hope he don't hurt hiself........................Dats a good one Floyd,Guy the Gray Goat................. Laughing Rolling I'm stupid Busted Laughing ............................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
That's "Gold & Gray" Mike! See Justin ended up the day in position #13 in comp qualifying. That Comp Cobalt car is probably like drivin' a "Caddy" only faster! I'm sure Justin probably told the doctor the same thing I told the doctor when he told me I could not race a car if I was on Coumadin: "Did you ever tell a grizzly bear he can't shyt in the woods?" End of conversation! Eyes Laughing No No Hum Car Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Goooooood Mornnnnnning my wonderful Drr Family,hope ya'll slept good yesternight(MT)did I say it's a little windy here this morning,well let me say IT'S WINDY HERE TODAY,just seen another crow get blow to Bradenton this morning,maybe SL and IM can catch him and anchor him down this morning,before he blows in the ocean............... Eyes.....................

Learned somemore new words from my boy yesternight(MT)this one is SUN FUZZES,he say they tickle your body and make you laugh,I sure am willing to give them a try,been so long since we seen any sunshine,I believe in sun fuzzes,don't you,oh and their's snow fuzzes and lighting fuzzes,they can kill you though,so they're the bad ones,and ofcourse they'res wind fuzzes,well they sort don't get the chance to do alot for you they're moving to fast.... Tongue...........but I really like the sun fuzzes,so go out today and get you some sun fuzzes and if they make you laugh,just thank Mannie for this very educational moment........ Wink Big Grin............................

Well ya'll do have a gooden and prayers all around to all our family on drr and God Bless you all.........................................

Dear Lord thank you for this beatiful morning you have given us and for all our Blessings,and Lord take good care of all our friends and family Lord,and Lord we lift up our friends Mark and Christen and all our families that have lost loved ones this week and the ones that are sick,thank you again Dear Lord for my little boy that you put in my life,and for the wonderful lessons I learn from him everyday,and for the sun fuzzes too................AMEN..............................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
There won't be any sun fuzzes for a while out here. We just had a huge cloud burst and it's still raining. My windows were cracked in my truck. I'm going to be sitting on a wet seat going to the track later. It's going to be ugly out there. The Pomona pits, and the track go downhill. The sportsman pits are on the downjill part. When it rains that parking lot becomes a giant river. I just hope everybody put their stuff away last night. At least it's a warm rain.
Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
OK racers news flash get them race cars loaded and ready to go,the rain is over,just sitting watching the pruttttiest rainbow you ever seen stretching over the blue ridge mts.and lots of sun fuzzes,so lets get at it............................. Big Grin...............................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Mornin Y'all!
There won't be any sun fuzzes for a while out here. We just had a huge cloud burst and it's still raining. My windows were cracked in my truck. I'm going to be sitting on a wet seat going to the track later. It's going to be ugly out there. The Pomona pits, and the track go downhill. The sportsman pits are on the downjill part. When it rains that parking lot becomes a giant river. I just hope everybody put their stuff away last night. At least it's a warm rain.
Praying Angel hug
........Well aleast on the east coast............. Wink........................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I must have been imagining the whole thing. I just checked the weather channel and it just say's it's a little foggy. Musta been those enchilladas I had for dinner.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
I must have been imagining the whole thing. I just checked the weather channel and it just say's it's a little foggy. Musta been those enchilladas I had for dinner.
........You ain't been over at the Golden Goats have you.............. Laughing ........................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nah! I saw him a few weeks ago and I won't be back down there till Christmas. The maybe I'll see him at Hooters.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Getting the kids ready to go to school, then it's back to start more cleaning, and packing.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Morning ALL Big Grin

Hope everyone has a great day (Friday the 13th) Eyes

Praying for all in need Praying

Gonna get some sun fuzzies here today the sun is out and should be in the low 70's all weekend not worthy

Thanks for the Prayers Mike Praying

hug Praying hug Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
the fuzzies are on their way!!!! got a lil cloud cover right now...but I have faith!!

Hoping you guys all have yourselves a wonderful, fun weekend full of smiles! Smile

hug

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all.

Mike, I needed to know about the sun fuzzes today. Thanks for the happy tears.

Prayers for all, especially Jamie, and Paul's family, Andrew's family, Karen, Bob, Ashley, Mark, Christine, and their family.
Praying Praying Praying

In case you missed Christine's update last night:

Today was the last day of pre-op testing, we are praying! Mark had his stress test. It took about 31/2 hours and he did get on that treadmill! Good for you! The doctor asked him if he wanted to try the treadmill first and Mark said, "I can do it". Of couse they watched him closely. As I said before, there are risks with his surgery due to where the tumor is at. One of the risk is that Mark may loose his nerve that makes you walk. If he looses that nerve he will have to walk with a brace on his right leg. But he tackled that treadmill like a true champion!

Tomorrow we go to the Hillman Center to meet with Dr. Tawbi and go over the next step and next plan. I carry our blue folder with us for doctors appointment and all the tests. This way everything is in one place and we are well prepared. Mark always makes a little remark to make sure our homework is done!! So, hopefully all the testing is done and now we wait for the 25th.

Even though Mark had his stress test, his pain wasn't too bad today, in fact he smiled alot. We want everyone to smile!

I want to send special prayers for all those on a roller coaster! I want them to know that they are never alone!

Bob, Mark says, "Thank you for helping yesterday. Thank you for being honest. It brought back good memories and more memories to come." Thank you Bob from me! Give Karen a big hug for me!

Mark is over-whelmed by the messages and kind words. Sometimes he sits in silence. After all, he is the "shy" one in the family!! Brianna, he'll be waiting for that dance at your wedding!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Floyd, go down the street to Famous Daves and you will find much better food than at Hooters and the scenery, even with more draperies, is just as good! You just have to use your imagination a little more and your brain needs the exercise! It's been a couple of days since we seen sunshine here but I am sure we will see more before long! That's one thing we are "long" on is sunshine! Eyes Laughing Banging Head No No Hum Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post