DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Fixed my Monster tach yesterday so it don't fall out in my lap like it did this weekend! Also found the hard way and the easy way to change the bulb in one of those Monster tachs!
I'm so stupid and it's so simple I would have never figured those folks was smart enuf to make it that simple! Gotta shorten up my cable on my rear door winch today as I have way to much cable on there and it gets all screwed up and creates more work than necessary! When it is working properly I don't have to lift or drop the door by hand, just push the button. Then will unload canopy and astro turf roll from my pick up as I don't need to be carrying around all that extra weight! Now that it's decent outside I don't mind getting out there! Lottsa sunshine and temperatures in the cool 80's! I hope you all can put your boats up soon and get out the rain but then you have to look forward to that white stuff falling everywhere! We never see that unless we go north a couple hundred miles! You all be safe and if you can't be safe at least be sanitary! Eyes Wink Big Grin Busted Laughing hug Praying Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Everybody must be taking advantage of it being Sat. and sleeping in. I'm a creature of habit and wake up everyday @ 4:00.
Hey Mouse, do you need a motor? My brother builds hot rods up in Oregon and has a friend that has gotten into a tight spot and needs some cash. He has 2 GM crate motors, 502 ramjet complete with electronics and a 572 720 hp complete, both still in the crates from GM, $15K.
Everybody have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning Floyd, Chevy got us up at 7 this am, not too bad but I could've slept till 10 or so Sleep Wink
Hope you all have a great weekend! Misting rain here already...but should be pretty tomorrow...

Praying

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin, MsFurr,
My Chewy wants to go back to bed. I been playing on the pooter for awhile and he say's it's too early to get up. So I guess I'll go back to bed. Gotta keep him happy since I haven't told him I'm going racin again nest week. He likes my son and daughterinlaw but he doesn't like their cats.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey gang,running,well walking by the compooter and wanted to aleast check in and say Hi,gotta get back to it,you know things to do and people to see,check back in afterwhile,ya'll have a gooden..............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Well, good mornin Mike! Bout time you got up. Hope you're feeling better.
By the way, it's things to see and people to do.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Just had to tell someone this story? Mike, can you smell me all the way back there? I had to run over to Ace Hardware the other day and pick up a few machine screws. Made my purchase, left store, got in my Trailblazer and backed out and was getting back on the main road in the strip mall I was in and met this young black girl in a car waving her hand! Figured she was lost and wondering where a business was located or something so I stopped and she said: "Would you be interested in some name brand cologne? We gotta lot of it we are selling at low prices!" I kinda laughed and said "No" and drove on! After I left I smelled under both arm pits and never noticed any strange scent so was wondering why she asked me?
Do I really smell that bad? Made me wonder if cologne was all she was tryin' to peddle! Couldn't use that either! She needs to be more selective in choosing her potential clients! I'll bet Floyd woulda bought a bottle or two!
You all have a "sweet smellin'" weekend! Wink Eyes Big Grin I'm stupid Praying Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Get her phone number, Guy.
I'm stupid

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
I will if I run on to her again just for you Floyd!. We should be in Ennis at the Division 4 ET Finals Floyd! Take a look at that post and see racing live! Density altitude is 530'!
We would be flyin' high! I would need a S/G license and a diaper on car instead of me down there! Pretty neat view! Eyes Wink Big Grin Cool

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Me and the wife had a date night last night, the kids stayed over at her moms, so it was a late night for us.
Detting ready to go to my sons football game here in a few minutes.
Floyd, i'm okay in the motor department. Got the one i took out at the beginning of the year that i'm going to re-ring and put back together, and i also have a shortblock i bought last week that i will rebuild sometime.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I need to get motivated somehow to do something other than couch potato. Maybe I'm just cathing up from being gone for 5 days last weekend. Yep, that's it! I got behind on my naps.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Everybody have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Car

By the way, check out the video I attached. Somebody took it at a race a couple of weeks ago and posted it on you tube. not worthy

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Floyd,I wish I had a little of that motivated stuff too,the Dr.started me on two new meds.last week,and one of them she said might make me sleepy so take at night,if it don't stop making me sleepy all day,I'm going to have to have a talk with her,I don't want to do anything but sleep...........................

Well ya'll have a gooden,and see ya'll afterwhile,ifn I can get woke up..............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mike, tell her "the doc" to come home with you and analyze your sleep habits! Maybe they are tiring you out! That's why you are sleep all the time! Get those wings up an flappen so you can scare off that eagle so he can make a "dump" in my checkin' account on the 28th. The ET Finals tore h*ll outa my monthly budget!
Floyd (the cheater) didn't make that run at the ET Finals cause they finally caught him cheating! Made him put his tailgate up! Now he can't run 10's any longer! Says he needs the weight so take off the tailgate and add a lead bar across the back the same weights as the tailgate! Oh, and paint it blue too! Gotta go over and straighten out John Wayne's illegitimate son's bank statement today so he can holler at the bank on Monday. Wonder if somebody had to look after John's finances when he was rakin' in all that movie money? Must have as I understand some of his youngster's are still rakin' it in with studios out in CA!
My friend just had his back "cemented" together on Monday and is recovering so he can go gold mining again! Not doing too bad for someone with a pacemaker, a bad back and my old generator! He uses an antique jack hammer to bust up them big rocks in the hills out west of Phoenix! You call have "risin'" Sunday and keep your head above water so you can breath! Wink Eyes Sleep Laughing hug I'm stupid Cool

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dragging the GTO out of the trailer today to clean it up before going to Barona next Sunday. Cold and overcast so far today...supposed to warm up to 70 this afternoon.

My truck had a problem, the accelerator pedal position sensor failed. When it would fail the engine would go to an idle and when you pressed the pedal the engine would not increase in RPM. I managed to get it home and called Dodge...$550.00 plus tax for the part not including labor. Got on a Cummins Diesel site and found a aftermarket piece for $160.00 shipped to my door. Happy guy..truck running great. Thank goodness it did not happen on the way home from Phoenix.

Posts: 1205 | Location: The Staging Lanes | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Guy, I ran a shut off 10:97 in the first run of the gambler and broke out. I don't know what the deal was with the starter, I've ran a pickup for the last 15 years and have never had anybody tell me to put it up. Mike Rice said I could run it however I wanted so I had it down for the rest of the weekend. As soon as I get a bed cover I can leave the poor mans wing up and make that starter happy. Car

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Floyd, go to the post on the Division 4 ET Finals and they have a live cam and see how they race down in Ennis, Texas where altitude is 512'! Classes are wierd, no blinders on tree, all 1/8th mile racing! Don't think that would be much an advantage to running in the finals at Pomona! Eyes Tongue Cool

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Got around a little late, then went to church.
My wife is wanting to do yard work this afternoon, but i'm not real crazy about the idea so far. It's cloudy and 48 degrees right now. Not my kind of grass mowing conditions. She'll probably end up getting her way though.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Mouse, we've been doing that kinda thing all weekend! We got a $1500 8x12 Lifetime storage bldg that had been reduced to $250 sev months back and decided to put it together...got the floor, walls & windows up then realized we were missing the roof trusses! lol Yes, we were reading the instructions but Rick had the floor & corners up by the time I printed the missing instructions so we skipped the #1. Make sure you have all these parts. I'll order them tom.
Wake up Mike! I've actually been the opposite the last few days, Rick & I are doing Atkins and I felt like crap the first few days but am full of energy now...never tried it before but I'm now hungry at all & am eating all my fav foods so we'll see...

You've got to be kidding me Floyd, put the tailgate UP?!?!? No NoEyes what was the logic there?

Hope you all have a great rest of your Sunday hug

msf~ Praying for all & missin Bowtie

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The starter said it was in the rules, up or off. Hum

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everybody.
Surely it's not Monday already. Oh well.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing