DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Only race I won Mike was the one "home" as I am only 8 miles from the track! First round was a real "tear jerker"! Had a .007 light to the ROC winner from the night before who had a .116 light and I got down at the top end and had just begun to see him in my mirror and I dumped 10 miles an hour and still ran a 10.356 on a 10.39 dial while he ran a 9.641 on a 9.65 dial!
Our regular guy at Firebird was not working the waterbox this weekend and what a difference! I had 60' times all over the board and it was all because of how they were placing me in the waterbox. Daughter placed me first round and was able to do a good burnout and the car hooked, just hard to dump more than 10 miles per hour without hitting the binders and I don't like to do that! For someone that sets around in the house most of the time, this has been a very tiring weekend. Thank goodenes I had my daugther and grandaughter out there helping me one Saturday which sure help take some pressure off me this weekend! No No Hum censored Frown I'm stupid Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Guy M. Price,

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Mike, the only thing i know for sure, is the block is junk. It does have a hole in the side of the oil pan, not good, the lifters for #5 and #6 are in the pan, not good, 3 of those push rods are in the pan, not good, and part of one is laying across the lifter valley, and the section of cam for #5 and #6 is broke and i assume also in the pan, again not good. The motor is still in the truck, so i don't have the heads off to see if they are hurt or not.
I did buy a short block to rebuild from a buddy at work, and i also finally took the motor that was in the S10 at the beginning of the year apart to see what was wrong with it. 7 out of the 8 pistons had broken top rings. I'm thinking i got the wrong size ring pack for it, is why they were broken, and no i didn't check the ring gap before i put them in. My fault for being in a hurry. I'm going to just re-ring it and build it for next year, and save the other one i bought for a spare.
Could be worse i guess, but at least it won't cost me as much as i originally thought it would, i was just hoping i wouldn't having to be rebuilding the motor over the winter again.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everybody.
Monday is here again.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Ya'll,headed out to the Dr.for another chest exray,to see if the p-monia is gone,seem to feel some better.............................

Mouse hate to hear that about the motor,hadn't had one blow up in along time,but I remember it being a sick feeling,I hope you find the heads ok..............................................

Guy and Floyd,glad ya'll guy's made it home ok,the good thing about losing races,is even losing is winning,just cause you get to do it,I love doing burnouts.............................

Ok prayers all around,ya'll have a gooden,and see ya'll in abit...............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Morning ALL . . .

Mouse sorry about your engine. . Floyd and Guys sorry about your racing weekend Frown

Mike hope it goes good at the Doc. let us know!!

Hope everyone has a good week Smile

hug Praying hug Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Volunteer
posted Hide Post
good morning Mama990!

Good morning racers!

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 170 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin all.......

BB just happy to wake up in the mornins Cool

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Afternoon! Sorry I missed yesterday! Feeling better! Just hope fever stays away!

Michelle, I am so sorry for the loss of "Bowtie"! You and the kids doing okay? Anything you need, let me know. I also need your cell again. Here's hugs for you all! hug

Mike, what the doc say? Hope your feeling better! I heard that vit. D works well to keep p-amonia away! Still praying! How's your family doing?

Floyd and Guy must still be sleeping! You two doing okay? You're both winners in my book!

Mouse, sorry to hear about your motor! You'll get it together! How's your family?

Nicole, I fogot to ask if you got Nikki's stickers? Let me know! And, thanks for all you do!

My sis has a huge cyst on her ovary and ran blood test for ovarian cancer, test can back NEGATIVE! WooWhooo! So, making arrangements to get that taken care of. Also, that huge cyst maybe the cause of some of her problems! So we will see! Thank you all so much for the prayers!! God love ya all!!

Chuck, where are you? Car is ready!! I'm ready!! Started to do my anti-rain dance for this weekend! But you know what is going to happen!! AJ, where are you? Marty, please check in!

Everyone have a good day! Great job, Jeff Arend!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Christine - I did get the stickers, THANKS so much I LOVE them !!!!

That is so cool about your sis - still praying for her Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Yep Ma! I just got up, had my oatmeal and hot tea and sat down at the computer to see if Health Net Orange prescription drug insurance plan had put the $3,650 back in my checking account! They was supposed to take out a premium of $36.50 and some yahoo forgot to put the decimal in the correct place! Talked to my agent and he said he had 15 other customers they did the same thing to! Gonna be some butt-kicking at Health Net Orange I bet! And then this morning at 3:31 a.m. and again at 5:31 a.m. the phone rings and by the time we get to it they are gone! Ran a log of calls on my fax and called the cell phone number in CA and got a recording stating: "If you do not want to be a part of our promotional program please press 1!" I didn't press 1, I "pushed" like I would like to push my fist in their nose for calling at that time of day! That is pure insanity! Go in for my Coumadin test for first time in 2 weeks today to see how new schedule and dosage levels are working out and then off to Los Dos Molinos for my weekly "fix" of hot mescan food!
I am really facing the fact that I am retired after this past weekend! I was tired yesterday and I am tired again today! I quit buying green bananas too because I am getting so old! And the "snap, crackle and pop" in the mornings is not my freaking Rice Krispies! Anyone wanting a list of "perks" of reaching 50 or being 60 and headed towards 70 email me at priceracing@dragracer and I will send you a list that will keep you smilin' for the rest of the day! You all have a "big ol gooden'"! Tongue Laughing Sleep hug Praying Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I was lazy over the time off I had this weekend. I had intended to go to Norwalk's no box bonanza, but the forecast didn't look good, and I haven't towed on my own. The rain screwed us up Saturday, even though it was sunny out. We got so much rain last week it was wicking up through with the sun out. So AJ, Bri, and I caught "The Informant." Um, pass on that one folks.

Guy and Floyd, I feel for you, not only after losing first round in the practice tree bracket finals, but my very first bracket finals in 2000, I was .506/.006, and spun. The other guy was .575/.075. I lost a tenth in the 60' and lost by .02. I then proceded to set up my own bowling alley of empty Iron City bottles. Sounds like you guys had fun, and that's all that counts.

Mike, glad to hear you're on the mend. I hope you have it kicked.

Mouse, ouch, that sounds painful. I haven't had that happen to me yet, and I hope it doesn't. How's the boy doing in football?

Great news about your sister, Christine! WOO HOO!! I hope the cyst is the cause of the problems and getting it out of there fixes her up. Get that anti rain dance going!

I was hoping Kalitta and Arend would double up. I was real glad to see Arend get the win. The Kalitta team treated my buddy Greg and his family great after the Friday sessions at Norwalk this year. And it still sucks that we miss him, but I truly believe Eric Medlen's passing saved Daniel Wilkerson's life yesterday, and Bob Tasca's a few weeks ago.

Floyd, I have your pic, and if anyone out there hasn't sent me a pic yet with the Nikki sticker on their car, please email it to me at brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com

Oh... and the brick is gone! Michelle and Christine, text me so I have your numbers please. I forgot to save them on the brick.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I've been playing catch up since I got back. It's funny, but the work doesn't stop when I'm gone. It seems like nobody else wants to do it. I had 154 e-mails waiting for me. Some of them were work related.
I did have some people ask about the sticker and I was proud to tell the story behind it.
Everybody have a gooden. Mike, you keep getting better. Guy, study for that test.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Know what you mean Floyd! All kinds of trash in my mailbox when I got home and am slowly catchin' up on my naps! Didn't get any at the track! Come by to see you two or three times Saturday and never could locate you! You musta been off tryin' to stick a wiener in someone!
As for the sticker, don't forget you forgot to bring me one! I think I am gonna switch from being a "racer" to bein' a "doctor"! Do better at "dialing" myself in than dialing my car in!
Went in for my INR Coumadin test today (no, I didn't study either!) and it was 2.6, right where they want it (between 2 and 3) so we will now go three more weeks on the same dosage: 2.5 mg. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 1.25 mg. the rest of the days in the week! Should be pretty well stabilized as long as I keep goin' to Los Dos and gettin' my red chile tamale dosage ever week too! And the pinto beans to push it out when I have digested the tamale! So you folks eat your beans and stay healthy, just add a little chile sauce to 'em!
Got myself on the right track, now just gotta figure out when, where and when I can afford to go racin' again somewhere! From this point on, I am just gonna pick and choose, no team membership, just gonna go out and try and spoil things for others! You all get well and start planning your winter trip to AZ so we can have a good time and show you some beautiful country! Eyes not worthy Laughing hug Praying Cool

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Guy, I am such a stupid head! I'm stupid Give me your address so I can send you some stickers! I am so sorry! I feel like crap! Please forgive me!! Sorry
Glad to hear you did real good on your tests! Keep it up!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everybody,sorry I hadn't checked in before now,they(the drs.)have put me through it today,tests started at 7:30am this morning,and ended the second one this afternoon,so been running all day and am wore out,still have a spot on my right lung,thats what the CT scan was for this afternoon,p-newmonia looks to be going away,still got this cough,so maybe we will no more tomorrow,we'll just keep praying for a good report,white blood cell count is still low,so they're trying to see where my blood is going,well thats the Mike report,the rest of the family is doing good,and Mom bless her heart is trying to take care of me now.........................................

MaB great WHOOWHOO news about Sis,and all ya'll guys are the best,makes you feel pretty special to be having so many great folks care about you,ya'll are the best....................

Nicole hope all the kids are doing better,and MsFurr you all are in our prayers,and I hope Chevy brings alot of smiles,and Guy and Floyd you guys are my hero's you race like racing is supposed to be FUN.......................Chuck I bet ifn MaB does her anti-rain dance from up there,and I do mine from down here,we can run the rain off,whatca think,I believe by thurs. I feel like shaken one leg anyway........ Eyes Laughing ............

What about all these new smiley faces,they are way cool,Mannie says.............. Tongue Cool..............

Well ya'll have a gooden,hope to see ya'll in the morning,prayers all around,and thanks for my evening smile Nikki Girl,I love you........................ hug...................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mike, you need to come out here and let me blow smoke in your face! If it will get rid of bees, I'll bet it will knock the pee-monia out of you! Think that is the reason I don't get no "flu bugs" is because I smoke so much and eat such hot mescan foods it kills 'em all off for they can do any damage! They know if they get in my throat I will just spit 'em out! No apology necessary Ma Brewer! Just show's Floyd is trying to catch up with me and my loss of memory but I gotta year on him but I will forgive the kid once, but not twice! You should have mail now with address. not worthy Angel Praying hug Big Grin Cool

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin all...H.U.M.P. day

BB have a good one.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
It's my Thursday, but it's really humpday.
We're all doing okay here.
My son is doing well and enjoying playing football.
Life around here is good.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I just posted a topic about Bowtie, (thought it would be easier than telling everyone in person)& can barely see to type right now...but wanted to thank you for thinking of us. Here are my numbers Ma B, 276.238.7051 cell 276.236.4270 home.
Chevy is keeping us busy. When they brought her to us they told us she was a 3 month old "teddy bear", (sh itzu/toy poodle) I can't help but think of Nikki...she must have been watching over us to send us a teddy bear-I'd never heard of one. I miss my Bowtie so much.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Guy, I wasn't just hanging around the pits all day. I was up in the stands rootin, up on the starting line arguing with the starter about running with my tail gate down and out and about checking out the lovely young ladies. I've got a dream!
Mike, Guy's right, come out this way and we'll straighten you right out. I didn't get one of guy's tamales but I did get his hot sauce and that's an understatement. It gives new meaning to "hot". Yes, we do have fun! It was great seeing a bunch of people you only see once or twice a year and it was fun watching some of those young guns tearing up the track.
Y'all haver a gooden, Christine I hope you're feeling better. MsFurr, hang in there. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post