DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
i ain,t much on bearing any chillen so no chance of 3 feet or two heads

Neither is the WuFlu

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Reflect- Think deeply or carefully about...

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
Since you seem like a know it all,which vaccine should I get? Also,how long before I need a booster? Will there be ANY long term side effects from any of the vaccines? Are positive antibodies from a previous infection better?Why are so many people getting Covid after being vaccinated?

Just a few quick questions.I try to learn from people that are experts.[/QUOTE]

I don't know it all but I will be happy to answer your questions. Which vaccine? It looks like the Moderna is holding its efficacy the best - There have been hundreds of millions vaccinated without any apparent long term effects while the non-vaccinated are dyeing at a rapid rate and long haul effects of COVID are rampant with no cure in-site - Your choice - From what I am reading the positive effects of antibodies don't seem to be helping people that have had COVID, refused vaccination, and caught COVID again. Also with the Delta the Plasma Antibody treatment doesn't work as well as with the original strain. I saved the easy one for last - Why are so many people getting COVID after being vaccinated? This is a Highly Highly contagious virus that mutates providing a moving target for vaccines. This is a very fluid issue, and what we know today may not work tomorrow. But the odds are in your favor if your vaccinated and if you aren't, you are playing with not only your life but your loved ones life. I fully support your right to chose I just pray you or anyone you know or love don't get it. Cheers.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quick Dawg:
Since you seem like a know it all,which vaccine should I get? Also,how long before I need a booster? Will there be ANY long term side effects from any of the vaccines? Are positive antibodies from a previous infection better?Why are so many people getting Covid after being vaccinated?

Just a few quick questions.I try to learn from people that are experts.

I don't know it all but I will be happy to answer your questions. Which vaccine? It looks like the Moderna is holding its efficacy the best - There have been hundreds of millions vaccinated without any apparent long term effects while the non-vaccinated are dyeing at a rapid rate and long haul effects of COVID are rampant with no cure in-site - Your choice - From what I am reading the positive effects of antibodies don't seem to be helping people that have had COVID, refused vaccination, and caught COVID again. Also with the Delta the Plasma Antibody treatment doesn't work as well as with the original strain. I saved the easy one for last - Why are so many people getting COVID after being vaccinated? This is a Highly Highly contagious virus that mutates providing a moving target for vaccines. This is a very fluid issue, and what we know today may not work tomorrow. But the odds are in your favor if your vaccinated and if you aren't, you are playing with not only your life but your loved ones life. I fully support your right to chose I just pray you or anyone you know or love don't get it. Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I said I would not post but this is too good to not say - great post Quick!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4522 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My Cousin just got a flu shot last week. Any anti-flu people out there? I get one every year and have for 15 plus years and have not got the flu. I usually get a flu shot late September but might move it up now.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any anti-flu people out there?

My brother is big anti flu vaccine. He's hard headed as hell (read always right) and says an early on shot made him sick. But he's a flaming liberal and he's gung-ho to get the 19 but it's not available to him. Little bit of karma.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
My Cousin just got a flu shot last week. Any anti-flu people out there? I get one every year and have for 15 plus years and have not got the flu. I usually get a flu shot late September but might move it up now.

Yeah I get that yearly too. No issues. Also had shingles virus shot a while back.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4522 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Today it is going to be announced that a booster is required after 8 months of the second dose and a doctor on ABC News said he thinks it will be EVERY 8 months for possibly forever.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Today it is going to be announced that a booster is required after 8 months of the second dose and a doctor on ABC News said he thinks it will be EVERY 8 months for possibly forever.

Juts another reason not to play their game. The masks and the vaccines and the lockdowns aren't going to stop, EVER, until people simply stop playing along.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thought I heard booster is for the compromised folks? Folks with disease and treatment process??

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

Thought I heard booster is for the compromised folks? Folks with disease and treatment process??

Keep an eye on the news today.It will be announced as "recommended " until the mandates come later. (My prediction)

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I will be in line on October 17th for my booster shot. How bout you?

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will be in line on October 17th for my booster shot. How bout you?

That's pretty close to the deadline for me to get my first shot before I get fired.

At least I am at the tail end of this "experiment".

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This doc from Johns Hopkins says those with immunity from infection are 6.7 times more likely to fight off reinfection than those who have vaccine immunity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...-immunity/ar-AAMX3sM

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I will work on getting Covid. That way I will be more immune to getting Covid since I have been Vaccinated for Covid. Makes cents to me!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I guess I will work on getting Covid. That way I will be more immune to getting Covid since I have been Vaccinated for Covid. Makes cents to me!

Cents huh? Brilliant.
This is about people who have already had it smarty. My wife had an antibody test two weeks ago, and has above average antibody levels even over 6 months later. What purpose would a vaccine have for folks who have antibodies?

Yours is kind of a record holder for the month for stupid responses really. You almost have to be trying to come up with something that dense. Your automatic assumption is that someone is anti vax as soon as you get a whiff that they don't perfectly align with your views on the vaccine. Seriously get a grip.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Lost another buddy to covid (64 years old) today. Work buddy for 30 years. Two more work buddies in ICU and I pray they pull through.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Give it a rest Bucky, the point is if you had Covid and survived you are in much better shape not to get Covid again than a Vaccination. But if you did not get Covid then the next best thing is getting a Vaccination. I was being cheeky Bucky so don't get your shorts in a bunch.

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
One less excuse for getting vaccinated vanished today.
And, Sense the carrot is not working, the stick is ramping up. US Military is on plate.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.or...what-you-should-know

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
One less excuse for getting vaccinated vanished today.
And, Sense the carrot is not working, the stick is ramping up. US Military is on plate.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.or...what-you-should-know

I don't know about that. They had no indication that they were even within months of approval until recent days. Then out of the blue, boom it's approved? Those saying that political pressure played a roll here I think are probably right.

Now on the flip side: I think the left is hardline using this virus as it has from the beginning, to control the population. Does anyone think that this won't be used during the mid term elections to manipulate our election process again? It may even be an incentive for republicans to vaccinate.

And if you think it is far fetched to imagine that they could possibly restrict your voting rights with the vaccine mandates....think about it. They restrict your travel. They have in many cases restricted your ability to work. They have restricted college students from going to school. They have threatened to restrict public education. What exactly makes you think they wouldn't restrict access to voting?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo