New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG Promotions
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
My 16 year old watches a lot of bracket racing. He didn't have details about the driver nor how the other car faired. But did have pictures of the wrecked car. Cage intact but ground through from the slide. Quite a few cars I would consider fast dragsters at this one.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The quickest and fastest is Travis Laster’s procharged Elite Chassis dragster that makes running low 4.0s look easy and went 3.97 last night!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
Hope she's ok,looked nasty

She is ok and a buddy said it may have been from a stuck throttle....

A grid with the safety shutdown timer properly set is a big plus...I use mine...

AND also a Pro style trans brake...go to neutral safely if the throttle sticks and let it hit rev limiter till you kill the ignition...

My friend destroyed his car from a stuck throttle and a std brake.....he hit reverse at over 150 in a door car...

I had it happen once, 1/4 mile, and had MFI and pulled fuel shutoff.....car shut right down...You don't have a lot of time to make the right move...I was only going 160+ MPH and had a couple seconds to think what to do.....

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
check out the red Chevelle of Jason Badner at 8:35:00, he's been trying since Wednesday to wreck this car which clearly is all jacked up with way too much preload and I think he'll get it done before the weekend is over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...49Q&feature=emb_logo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
check out the red Chevelle of Jason Batner at 8:35:00, he's been trying since Wednesday to wreck this car which clearly is all jacked up with way too much preload and I think he'll get it done before the weekend is over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...49Q&feature=emb_logo

SMH Shake head

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Somebody help that guy before he takes the tree down and hits somebody in the other lane.

Let the air out of his airbag and change the springs... Big Grin

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I read on the chat that Mike Rietow aka cone killer set that car up, after selling him shocks too. Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Saw a chevelle get wild last night.

Bunch of racing buddies there, say is good time. Weather driving some issues but event seems good.

Posts: 3090 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I read on the chat that Mike Rietow aka cone killer set that car up, after selling him shocks too.

Lying is when you know what you're saying is not True, but you say it anyway.

quote:
check out the red Chevelle of Jason Badner at 8:35:00, he's been trying since Wednesday to wreck this car which clearly is all jacked up with way too much preload and I think he'll get it done before the weekend is over...

Edward, you don't know a car with way too much pre-load goes left?.... not right.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
son I've set up way more cars than you and the cars I've set up go straight and flat out work! NahNahTounge

Stevie fucing wonder can see that car is all jacked up with way to much preload for starters! Spitting

That car shouldn't be allowed on the track, he's a danger to himself and his competitors and has done nothing since his first hit on Wednesday in an attempt to fix it.

Clearly the shocks you sold him didn't fix his issue. You're Nuts

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Could you 2 get a room??

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wrong,... cars with way too much pre-load don't go right.

They go left.

The Chevelle isn't suffering performance wise, with a a pre-load or negative pre-load issue, it's a rearend rotation issue.

Car needs a ARB. It's more than apparent, it doesn't have one.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong again

The only back halved cars that "need" an ARB is those that have been setup by someone that is clueless resulting in aborted launches like that Chevelle.

Meanwhile, no ARB and no need, it's more than apparent... Spitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...N8w&feature=youtu.be

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Could you 2 get a room??

Fuc that...let those 2 buffons entertain each other as long as possible...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: imakehp,

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Could you 2 get a room??

Fuc that...let those 2 buffons entertain each other as long as possible...

Says the guy who has repeatedly admitted he'd completely sacrifice his relationship with Truth, in exchange for his facade dignity, at the expense of his own self respect by bending over without a peep for any given nobody track official, who lies him out of a final round, and he knows it.

Without courage you can't practice any virtue consistently. The antithesis of courage is, willfully blind & unquestioning conformity.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer wrong again

The only back halved cars that "need" an ARB is those that have been setup by someone that is clueless resulting in aborted launches like that Chevelle.

Meanwhile, no ARB and no need, it's more than apparent.

Calm down Hitler, tell the whole story. You don't have an ARB right? Are you not aware the X on your lower bars acts as an ARB. Do you understand how it works?

I'm only asking because if you do, why would you pretend as if your car has a magic setup which requires no ARB?

It has nothing to do with the setup, it has to do with the X on the lower bars that acts as an ARB, correct?

You do understand how it works, correct?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
Hope she's ok,looked nasty

She is ok and a buddy said it may have been from a stuck throttle....

A grid with the safety shutdown timer properly set is a big plus...I use mine...

AND also a Pro style trans brake...go to neutral safely if the throttle sticks and let it hit rev limiter till you kill the ignition...

My friend destroyed his car from a stuck throttle and a std brake.....he hit reverse at over 150 in a door car...

I had it happen once, 1/4 mile, and had MFI and pulled fuel shutoff.....car shut right down...You don't have a lot of time to make the right move...I was only going 160+ MPH and had a couple seconds to think what to do.....

I'm surprised that it was a stuck throttle. How did that cause her to quickly swap lanes and flip? Panic?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you didn't know, now you do. Personally, I'd have an ARB.

Unless it were a dragster.

I'd have a floating X, on the lower bars.

The Chevelle is a ladder bar, they most likely had 6.20 power before this race.

My car 1.27 60ft 5.90's sbc is right on the edge of needing an ARB, Ladder bar.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Are you not aware the X on your lower bars acts as an ARB. Do you understand how it works?

I'm only asking because if you do, why would you pretend as if your car has a magic setup which requires no ARB?

It has nothing to do with the setup, it has to do with the X on the lower bars that acts as an ARB, correct?

You do understand how it works, correct?

Wrong AGAIN! Spitting

NO X, NO ARB, NO ohlin shocks Laughing very hard

Mikey talk about what you know, not what you think you know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKkWWMUSuVE

and bracket talk too!