Notify
Tools

SFG Promotions
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
Here's a question:

How many people posting here are, or would be, willing to loan a stranger a couple grand without any solid written agreement/arrangement to get that money back? It's "blind faith" that's required to do this. That, is something that most smart/cautious people will not do.

The questions are legit. God forbid something happens to the man holding the money. If something does, how ya gettin yer money back now???

The house car deal is simple, it presents a conflict of interest issue, whether real or perceived...

Reputable businesses generally go to great lengths to avoid any scenario that remotely approaches a conflict of interest situation. It just makes good business sense...

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
"Big money racer problems" Smile Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1265 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
Here's a question:

How many people posting here are, or would be, willing to loan a stranger a couple grand without any solid written agreement/arrangement to get that money back? It's "blind faith" that's required to do this. That, is something that most smart/cautious people will not do.

The questions are legit. God forbid something happens to the man holding the money. If something does, how ya gettin yer money back now???

The house car deal is simple, it presents a conflict of interest issue, whether real or perceived...

Reputable businesses generally go to great lengths to avoid any scenario that remotely approaches a conflict of interest situation. It just makes good business sense...

It's not a wrong business's choose this approach, It's a right.

It's a right for anyone to put any racer in a race too.

What you don't wanna do is make rights subjective. That's communism.

If you had a precedent of a SFG official putting a guy back in a race, and into the final round after being ruled loser in the semi 45 minutes earlier, using a impossible story, then it's a wrong, a conflict of interest and a bad business decision.

Only stasi tactics could police who puts who in races anyway.

This is a prime example why anytime foul play is used to decide drag races, it's every racers responsibility to the racers that follow in the future, to speak impartially - Truthfully.

It's an honor system, same as society.

If no one is above the law, rights do the policing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You can't make rights subjective. If you do, the next you know sponsors of race's can't sponsor cars in the race etc etc etc. All under the banner of conflict of interest.

Rights can police everything, if wrongs are held accountable.

If I were SFG, I'd have a sticker to let everyone know who I was sponsoring.

Who I thought could win the race fair and square.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

That makes absolutely no sense at all, because it presumes the table is automatically tilted for house cars, when in reality there's no Evidence in SFG's history to back this claim/presumption.

Again, it's a right for anyone to put anyone in a race.

To pretend otherwise is a wrong. Especially if your capitalizing on pretend, as a promoter.

You're not really that dim, are you?

Rights can police everything, if wrongs are held accountable.

This is the only path to freedom.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My thoughts as a racer at past SFG events.

They have never screwed me out of anything. Their checks have been good, they pay what is advertised, and it is definately NOT a circus. They get ALOT of cars and handle it well. I take advantage of pre-entry discounts when I can, but won't complain if I CHOOSE not to and pay more at the gate.

If you don't like a discount to pre-enter for whatever reason, don't do it. Pay the full amount at the gate. We have opportunities to "pre-buy" many things in life like heating oil and propane during the summer to save money. It's not required to do so, but many do.

If you don't like 500-600 cars at a race, simply don't go

I like his formats, APPRECIATE the pre-entry discount, and will continue to support them when possible.

I am not a promoter, and couldn't imagine the stress and pressure of putting on the big events that many are doing now. Its a business, THEIR BUSINESS, with their necks on the line. So if this is a business model that works for them AND they pay what the say they are going to, I am good with that.

Jody

Posts: 21 | Location: maryland | Registered: August 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J101:
My thoughts as a racer at past SFG events.

They have never screwed me out of anything. Their checks have been good, they pay what is advertised, and it is definately NOT a circus. They get ALOT of cars and handle it well. I take advantage of pre-entry discounts when I can, but won't complain if I CHOOSE not to and pay more at the gate.

If you don't like a discount to pre-enter for whatever reason, don't do it. Pay the full amount at the gate. We have opportunities to "pre-buy" many things in life like heating oil and propane during the summer to save money. It's not required to do so, but many do.

If you don't like 500-600 cars at a race, simply don't go

I like his formats, APPRECIATE the pre-entry discount, and will continue to support them when possible.

I am not a promoter, and couldn't imagine the stress and pressure of putting on the big events that many are doing now. Its a business, THEIR BUSINESS, with their necks on the line. So if this is a business model that works for them AND they pay what the say they are going to, I am good with that.

Jody

I, me, my, I am... that's cool, now what about these questions? Are they reasonable?

"Is 30 days enough of a commitment?

"Why ask for commitment pre-entry money 6 - 7 - 8 months in advance"?

Do you believe it's a little unreasonable to hang up, when asked reasonable questions?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
It was a black friday sale plain and simple.All SFG has ever done is offer racers a less expensive way to race for big money and couldn't be further from a circus. Some of you act like this is his first race and he's trying to buy a yatch and a mansion and skip town with your money. And to go out this year and do what he's done with all of the crap we are all dealing with is nothing short of amazing. SFG keep doing what you're doing.

Posts: 440 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
when you are racing to 3-4-5 in the morning and the smoke above your head is that from burning pot and many walking in the lanes are drunk, it's a circus or maybe more appropriate a Metallica concert

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
when you are racing to 3-4-5 in the morning and the smoke above your head is that from burning pot and many walking in the lanes are drunk, it's a circus or maybe more appropriate a Metallica concert
WTH leave are weekly $1000 to win bracket race alone.....

Posts: 1275 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think the guy can do whatever he wants and SFG has changed bracket racing. However, I think it was a poor PR business decision to not answer the questions. As for house cars, again, I think that is another poor PR decision but it is his race he can do as he pleases.
At the end of the day I agree that if you dont want to participate, don't, but I think he could have made better PR decisions.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
While the promoter doesn't really owe any of their customers an explanation, it's generally common courtesy to answer reasonable questions. That's simply called good customer service.

I personally think the questions are reasonable and would require little effort in answering...unless the promoter knows the responses would likely cost him/her to lose customers.

In business, perception means a great deal. I commend those promoters who choose to be reasonably transparent and have the best interest of ALL of their customers in mind. In today's market, there are a number of excellent options for big money racing allowing racers to spend their money where they feel they get the best product.

When actions give the perception that "Sent From God" does not have a Christian connotation, but rather an egotistical one, one may have made a few missteps along the way.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 334 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I agree with Jody...I raced my first ever SFG event in Georgia recently...I could not have been treated better...I pre-entered to save a few bucks...all went smoothly...I had a lot of rust to shake off so I did terribly but I had nothing but fun...I pre-entered the Bradenton event as well and am looking forward to it...

As to any promotor, how they run their event is their business...if anyone does not like it or is uncomfortable, don't enter...this is not rocket science folks...I knew beforehand what SFG's policy was on refunds by asking racers who had been before...I also had some questions for Kyle prior to the Georgia event and I private messaged him and got an answer every time...just sayin'...

Posts: 1279 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
His business and it looks like he will run it how he wants, he doesn’t “owe” anyone anything. Move on.

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by regal:
His business and it looks like he will run it how he wants, he doesn’t “owe” anyone anything. Move on.

That's a misquote. Nobody said "he"

I said "reasonable questions are owed reasonable answers in business" ... which it's true.

"He" has the right to take the 5Th, and the right to run his business as "he" see's fit... which is true too.

DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
clapping

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I watched a Live Facebook thing with Kyle, he explained the mini-feud with Chris and said there are no hard feelings, he simply did not want the negativity on the SFG Facebook page. I agree with that choice. Those two can work it out or not.
I appreciate the discount and although I am not a personal friend of Kyle, we have talked a few times and I find him straight forward and focused on making the SFG brand the best he can.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Morning, everyone has an opinion, an observation, and their view.

Kyle has yet to answer a single question and most likely won't. No answer is an answer I have learned along the way.

I am asking NO one to agree with me. I WILL not pile on Kyle with others, I stand on my own. I not argue if you disagree with me. I simply won't allow someone to parade around using God's name and attempt to decieve me while using unscrupulous business practices. THIS has been pointed out more than once with ZERO responses to reasonable questions and clearly shows when not answering that he does not have his customers best interest in mind, only his own best interests in mind when ignoring those questions when presented. His 15 minute video directed at me was purely damage control with sincerity but does not ever answer the real questions...

We all have choices where we spend our money.

Some can see, some can not. Some can overlook, some can not. Good luck with whomever you choose to support next year and good luck racing in 2021.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Morning, everyone has an opinion, an observation, and their view.

Kyle has yet to answer a single question and most likely won't. No answer is an answer I have learned along the way.

I am asking NO one to agree with me. I WILL not pile on Kyle with others, I stand on my own. I not argue if you disagree with me. I simply won't allow someone to parade around using God's name and attempt to decieve me while using unscrupulous business practices. THIS has been pointed out more than once with ZERO responses to reasonable questions and clearly shows when not answering that he does not have his customers best interest in mind, only his own best interests in mind when ignoring those questions when presented. His 15 minute video directed at me was purely damage control with sincerity but does not ever answer the real questions...

We all have choices where we spend our money.

Some can see, some can not. Some can overlook, some can not. Good luck with whomever you choose to support next year and good luck racing in 2021.

Has every purse been paid? Or do you have info you are not sharing... Its obvious to me that you have some issue personally with Kyle and SFG since you are really calling him out to be dishonest in your post.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.50 126

Posts: 1418 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Golden Rule

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Is Kyle referring to God with son named Jesus?